Seasun Zieger has passed away

She was young relatively speaking and a fitness personality. I've never heard of her before the videofitness thread. But when someone young dies we want to know first we think car accident, cancer but with her public lifestyle suicide is just not on our radar.

So people are curious what happen in her life that would lead someone that appears to have it together choose suicide.

There will be speculation relationship issues or business things lead them to depression.

The depressed person feels like the world would be better off without them.

What you and all other need to do is educated yourself so you will recognized signs in someone you LOVE.

The DUI would of been a redflag to her family. She was self destructive at that point. Many depressed people turn to drugs and alcohol to numb the feeling.

I feel for the family but talking about the signs (DUI) of something in trouble shouldn't be "to sensitive" or intrusive"

You need along with her family see it as a call-for-help.

I'm not a mental health professional but have working in the ER for to many years. I've seen all types of attempted suicide. I've heard so many family members feel the guilt. They will say stuff like they seemed off, or I thought it would just go away or they would never go through with it

The person ultimately that is depressed and chose suicide is mentally sick and as a society we can educated ourselves and try to intervene before the depression takes over.

I do feel for this family. I can't imagine the heart break.

I've dealt with a suicidal family member. I'm was lucky to have been trained and notice signs in time to get help. I'm still scared for them even after 6 year.

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/depression/depression-signs-and-symptoms.htm

I have just now come across this conversation of my cousin. Your words of Seasun are gracious and I thank you. Even months later, questions loom and we all walk with heavy hearts....most likely until we have our heavenly reunion with Seasun. I have chosen as a result of this tragedy to envelop myself in spreading awareness. Awareness and communication can save a life. Being inspired by my cousin, I too am a business owner and have used my business as a vehicle to reach hundreds to spread awareness. Many need help turning away from the demons of suicide. HFTD.org (Hope For The Day) is an organization that campaigns awareness across the country and beyond. Everyday my goal is to reach at least 3 people, complete strangers, and campaign awareness. You can give a small donation in Seasun's name at HFTD.org or can simply just listen and observe any one person in need of help. Even that is an enormous way to save a life. Again, I thank you for your kind words and admiration of my cousin. We are blessed by the legacy of her fitness career. I send love and light to all of you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.