Running Shoes

ejmslp

Hi Cathe,
Awhile ago you expressed that you really liked your Asics Gel Nimbus VIIs for running. I purchased a pair and LOVE them! Unfortunately I cannot find my size anymore online. Do you have any new favs that you could recommend? Thank you!
Eren

Hi Eren! So glad the shoes worked out for you. I'm still using those too. Unfortunately, I don't know of any others that I have actually tested out to give you honest feedback. I know that there is now a Womens Asics Gel Nimbus VIII which is an upgraded version of the VII. It supposedly promotes better forefoot stability that the VII received some complaints about. Good Luck with your shoe hunt :)

Eren,
I switched to the Nimbus about 10 years ago after some achilles problems...great shoe! And I *love* the changes to the IIIs! Try zappos.com or runningwarehouse.com.

Cathy :)

Thanks Cathy. I read some reviews on the IIIs on one of the websites. A lot of the reviews said they liked the VIIs much better. That was one of the reasons I was thinking of passing on them, but now I may give them a try. I did just purchase the VIIs for my first half marathon in May, so at least they will be fresh for that!
Eren

Hi Eren...ha ha this is my very first post on this website!! :) Of course I was drawn to the question about running shoes....I run a lot and I'm a huge Asics fan...my newest pair which I LOVE are the Gel Cumulus VIII. They are like running on pillows! You may want to try those out if you can't find any more Nimbus!

I always buy Asics for running. I have been wearing the Asics Gel Kayano for years, and I always love them. Have you tried them? I think they may be more expensive then the Nimbus and Cumulus, but they are so worth it for me. Good luck!

Katie, I am with you, girl! I just started posting more recently, but have been a lurker for several years! It's nerve wracking, but gets easier and easier.

I appreciate your guys' input. I'm starting my list now!

Yes--actually 2 years ago I wore Gel Kayanos and LOVED them. After I wore them out and went to get a new pair, I found that they'd "updated" the Kayano and the newer version didn't feel as good to me. But you're right about them being worth the money!! I really loved that first pair. I was suprised at how much I liked the cushy Cumulus. I always seemed to gravitate towards more of a stability shoe than that. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.