Runner's Checkin June10

No time to check in today because of kids' activities,
but stopped by and saw Christine's post and wanted to say I am sending many good thoughts, prayers and vibes your way. I hope this all works out in a way that's good for you.

-Barb
:) :) :)

good afternoon everyone,

I had a busy morning today. I did UBP ,went and tanned, did laundry,dishes and had to take my son to his baseball practice and go register for the camelback race next weekend. Hopefully I will be up for it! How often during the week can you do UBP? I didnt know if you could dothis workout 2x week or only once. I didnt do any cardio today just upper body work.

cathy , yes the garmin also has a stop watch. But if you just want your pace showing or heart rate you can change the setting so it shows which everone you want as the main program.

carole rest is good when the body calls for it!!

I was reading posts on runners world the other day and their were people on there saying how they have been so tired and arent as strong with their runs after they just completed a half marathon. They said it usually takes them a good month to feel normal again. So I was thinking maybe that is part of my problem also. I did do two half marathon in two months and after the in april I remember feeling really tired for a couple of weeks or so. hopefully this is all it is.

talk with you all later!

Hi Laura! May I ask why your race is called a camelback? It has me very curious:) I definitely think you have some overtraining issues here and need more rest, backing off a bit. 2 HMs in 2 mos would be alot for anyone, especialy someone dealing with asthma on top of it :7 Hope I haven't been too forward:p

ShellyC

Christine-I can't imagine going through what you're having to deal with right now. You have my prayers and best wishes that everything resolves itself very soon. As Shelly said, strong and special are only a few of the adjectives that come to my mind when I think of you. You'll get through this with flying colors [[[Hugs]]]I know that everyone would love to see you at both races even if you don't run a single step!:)

ShellyC-Sorry about the 'disappointing' long run yesterday. Although 17 miles, even walking some of it, is nothing to sneeze at! We've all been there. Anyway, Cathe and Mr. YP will have you feeling better in no time:) As much as I want to use the new shoes, I should probably wait and use them on several shorter runs before the long run right?

Laura-I'm sure running the half will take it out of you and I also read that after half marathons or full ones it's not unusual for runners to come down with a cold or weakened immune system.

Judy-Nice job getting the run in despite the elements. Sometimes just the thought of running with someone else or you ladies helps me get my butt out the door.

Dallas-Hi! Nice to find another sometimes lurker:D Glad your ankle is feeling better, come and post more regularly, will ya':)

Wendy-Awesome run outdoors!!! WTG!!! I hear that 5K calling... How lucky that your SIL is a PT.

Jess-I forgot to mention that I'm in upstate NY, so we're just having pretty crappy weather here too:p

Mattea

I am really sorry Christine for the crap you are going thru....I hope something can be worked out. Don't ever feel bad dumping here, that's what friends are for...:)...sending hugs & prayers your way...http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/3.gif[/img] Enjoy your workout today, I hope it feels good...

Wendy...way to go on the run! I think it is getting easier for you...:)

Mattea...that's funny, I never thought about Cabela's...my DH loves that place!! Plus the catalogs decorate my home...:)

Shelly...I walk a few times in my long runs too...don't feel bad...:)...and yes, I was a bit drained yesterday! feel alot better today...:)

Judy..I am impressed! Running in the cold and rain can be no fun, but you do feel better when its over...:)

Laura...by UBP do you mean Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body? If so, you can do that twice a week...:)

The 4 mile run felt good today. I am going to get some sun and then tackle the TLT workout...:)

Wow! I've said it before, but I do really, really mean it - you gals are incredible! Including you Dallas for popping in! Your unquestioned support means the world to me! {{{HUGS}}} right back to all of you. Carole, so funny that you said that you hope my workout feels good. It did, and I feel much more steady. I ran the four miles, then decided I had had enough men (sorry Tony, I still love you) and I needed to lift some iron, so I did the Boot Camp/Muscle Endurance Bonus Combo. I have to admit that after all of the push ups and pull ups, and low reps, high weights, the endurance workout was tough. I used all of my old weights, but holy cow!! I'm feeling it, in a good way. Again, you ladies are wonderful! This thread is my favorite on the boards as there is so much support for everyone, regardless of whether it's an upcoming race, or a life crisis. I hope each of you really, really knows how special you all are.

I tried to post this morning, but my computer froze. Now, hours later my post is dated. :)

Good morning,

Wendy, I hope you enjoy your run today. You can do eight minutes! :)

Jess, that sounds like a great event. How did you find out about it? I'd love to take my kids to something like that.

Karen, enjoy your rest day and the shopping trip. Sounds like fun!

Mattea, enjoy your rest day, and since I'm always up for a party count me in! :D

Carole, hope you enjoy your run today and I hope you were able to get some rest yesterday. A lot of my exercise clothes are from Target too. I like the champion stuff.

I just remembered I was supposed to say what I do. Right now I'm a SAHM, (but it wasn't initially by choice (well the mom part was by choice :)). I'm an attorney, and I worked in house for a local political subdivision. There was a shift in the board after two longtime members retired, and an incumbent was defeated. One of the new members, who's also an attorney, made it her mission to get rid of my former boss and "sweep our office clean" (her expression) in the process. Her idea of good lawyering is being "creative" i.e. trying to find ways to subvert or avoid fulfilling the intent of any law she doesn't like. To make a long story short, my contract was not renewed, and I've been a SAHM since December 1, 2005. It was initially a bitter pill to swallow, and I'm sure you can tell there's still some residual bitterness, but I'm happy, my kids are happy, and my dh is happy. My lifestyle is a little different, but my stress levels are way down, and I look and feel better than I have in years!

Today is Kenpo X and finally, Bryan Kest! DD had a basketball game at 11am so I probably won't get to workout until later this afternoon.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Pamela

shelly, no your not to forward. I agree but it is hard to back off sometimes. I have only ran 2.5-3.5 miles nothing over that this week. well even that has been difficult at times. The race is called camelback because you run over the camelback bridge here in fremont. This race has been around along time and use to be a 10k but they cut it back to a 4miler.

carole yes, cathe's pyramid upper body. I got the initials backwards. I wasnt sure if doing it 2xweek would be too intense or not. I did split routines earlier this week and then did the total upper body this morning.

thanks for your support ladies and advice!!

Poppin' in again to respond...

Mattea--I agree--the gym looked immaculate & state-of-the-art. If I lived & worked closer, I'd be VERY tempted to join. The Road Trip must've been a great experience.

ShellyC--I do have the Dynabands and plan to bring those. I like them, but I also inwardly groan whenever Cathe says, "It's time to get the baaands!" Whatta burn! :) The aquabells (water dumbbells) arrived yesterday...I tried filling them up today to see how it would work. They're a riot. Besides the portable dumbbells, I'm also bringing my laptop (which has a DVD) so I can still do Cathe's workouts, just modified some. No dice with the jeans. I guess I am sort of in-between sizes right now. Grr. Hope you enjoyed your 5-6 miler and YP. From your picture, I can't believe your nickname is Granny Cheetah. You look awesome!

Wendy--that's the great thing about cruises. Everything is there for just about every taste. Are you and your hubby going by yourselves? Yes, I will be able to run - at least while I'm in Germany staying with relatives. I plan to rent a bike while in Amsterdam, so even if I can't run or get in some type of workout, I'm sure I'll at least be active. I'm going to try not to obsess. :) From the sound of your workouts, I think the 5K'll be no sweat for you.

Christine--I'm sorry to hear about your situation...it's gotta be tough...Hope your workouts give you some release and that ultimately things work out for the best. In answer to your question re: germany, I was born here, but my parents and sister emigrated, so we still have family there. I'll be staying with my aunt (dad's SIL) up north in Bremerhaven.

well, i've been a lazy bum today - save for my tortuous jeans-trying-on experience, I've more or less been on the couch watching soccer games all day.

Have a great night, everybody ~ Catch ya's in the AM! :)

Good Evening Girls,

I'm back after a tiring afternoon on the boardwalk! I also ate like a pig! LOL I ate a double italian hotdog and icecream this afternoon!!!! :eek: :9 }( :) Hopefully this morning's run negated them a litte! LOL :p

Laura: Two halfs in two months? Awesome work but you DO probably need some good rest time now. Take it easy, girl! You deserve it!:)

Hi Mattea!

Carole: Were you going to do the TLT workout IN the sun? ;)

Christine: (((HUGS))) Good job on the work out! Nothing like lifting heavy to work that stress out!:)

Pamela: I'm glad that you are now happy being a SAHM even though it wasn't your initial choice. I am one and although I am glad that I chose to stay home, I sometimes struggle with it. It can be a hard "job" to do. It's very different from getting up, getting dressed and going OUT to work every day in an office or whatever. I struggle with feeling like a recluse or something. My boy is only a year old and I just don't know what to do with him at times especially because everyone else out of my family and friends works a regular job. It can be tough but I do believe it's worth it. :)

Cathy: DH and I are cruising with the PT SIL and her family (DH, DS-13 and DD-10). It will be fun. I can't wait! Glad to hear you will be staying active on your vacation as well. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.