Roku linked but won't play on demand

We currently only allow streaming to one Roku Device. You would have to contact customer support at [email protected] to reset your account so that it it can play on the Roku 3 instead of the Roku 2.

I have exactly the same problem. I moved a Roku2 from elsewhere in the house to my workout area and linked it successfully. I see the videos there but when I hit Play, it goes back to the cover and (obviously) does not play. My son has a Roku3 so I suppose I can swap the 2 with his 3. I emailed [email protected] about "resetting" and got an autoresponse but no results yet.

I have to second the question of why you can only use the Cathe Live/OnDemand content on ONE Roku device in a household??? We're paying for the content. What difference does it make if we watch from one room vs the other?

This whole experience is FRUSTRATING.

Hi, I've been using Cathe live on my iPad since the beginning. I decided today to switch to on demand using Roku. I have 4 different Roku models. I linked the one in my workout space. It was successful. Each time I try to play anything it briefly shows the title and "retrieving" then instantly goes back to the title page. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My Roku says my signal strength is excellent and I just updated it moments ago. Any idea why it appears and then suddenly won't load?
Did you ever get this figured out?
I purchased a Roku Expeess Plus, mainly to stream Cathe videos to my analog TV. I experienced the exact problem. I even unlinked CargwOnDemand from the Roku and deleted the channel and then reinstalled it all and still same problem .
Support says they are not familiar with the Roku express Plus, so they cannot help...

Roku Express is not a device we currently support or have tested on, but we did order a Roku Express today. Once w e have it we will see if the problem you're having is because Roku Express doesn't support the current app or if the problem is something else.

Roku Express is not a device we currently support or have tested on, but we did order a Roku Express today. Once w e have it we will see if the problem you're having is because Roku Express doesn't support the current app or if the problem is something else.
Thank you so much for investigating this issue! I am very excited to see what happens, hopefully the problem will be fixed and all of us ROKU users can stream Cathe on Demand via our TV's. Thank you!!

Thank you so much for investigating this issue! I am very excited to see what happens, hopefully the problem will be fixed and all of us ROKU users can stream Cathe on Demand via our TV's. Thank you!!

Hi alrblondie, We just tested Cathe OnDemand on a brand new Roku Express and it worked fine. If you had another Roku device and replaced it with another Roku (in this case Roku Express) you need to first delete the Roku Token (activation code) from your streaming account at https://cathe.com/stream/my-account/ and then obtain and then enter the new activation code from your new Roku device at the bottom of your account page at https://cathe.com/stream/my-account/. Let me know if this helps?

Hi alrblondie, We just tested Cathe OnDemand on a brand new Roku Express and it worked fine. If you had another Roku device and replaced it with another Roku (in this case Roku Express) you need to first delete the Roku Token (activation code) from your streaming account at https://cathe.com/stream/my-account/ and then obtain and then enter the new activation code from your new Roku device at the bottom of your account page at https://cathe.com/stream/my-account/. Let me know if this helps?
I did try this and it still would not work :(
I would love to be able to play Cathe's videos via the Roku Express Plus. It did play a video once then stopped playing any video's. Any other suggestions??

Did you go to your account page on our site first and delete your device before requesting a new code? If you you request a new activation code from Roku first and then go to our site and delete the current device it will not work.

Did you go to your account page on our site first and delete your device before requesting a new code? If you you request a new activation code from Roku first and then go to our site and delete the current device it will not work.
I just followed all of your instructions, and the same problem still happens. I can link to the CatheOnDemand channel just fine, but when I click on a video to play it will just return to the picture of the video and not play it. There has to be a fix, especially if your Roku is working just fine.

Do you think because the Roku recognizes my TV as "Standard Definition" and I cannot change it to "high definition", that is the reason the video's will not play? Can you test that on your test model, change it to standard definition and see if the video plays?

Are you able to send us screen shots so we can see what you're seeing?
Their really isn't anything that happens, I click on the video to play it, it blinks then returns to title page and never plays the video. I contacted Roku Customer support and they assured me that the Roku is working fine (I can play all other video's like Amazon, Netflix, Fox News etc) and that standard definition should not affect it at all. Again I can play Amazon which is in HD, just fine. I was told it is a problem with the Cathe Channel :(
I am not sure what to do next???? I have unlinked the account, restarted the Roku, even reset it to factory settings and started ALL over again and still Cathe On Demand is the ONLY channel it will not play..

Where can I email a video I took of what is happening?
I'll have customer service send you an email link tomorrow so you can send the video. We've been on Roku for almost two years haven't had any reports like yours, but we will certainly take a look.

I'll have customer service send you an email link tomorrow so you can send the video. We've been on Roku for almost two years haven't had any reports like yours, but we will certainly take a look.
I sent the video yesterday, I hope that it was helpful? Please advise

Hi alrblondie, Yes, the video you sent shows us that at least you have the channel set up correctly, so at least this has been ruled out as a problem. Our guess, and this is only a guess as we don't have the exact device you have nor do we have an SD TV, is that your Roku Express Plus can't convert our HD file to standard definition. We would have to have Roku's spec's to tell you why, but it could be because our bit rate is higher than a Roku Express Plus can handle or because we use a fixed bit rate instead of a variable bit rate or some other reason. There may be a way on a Roku Express Plus that you can select a setting that will allow our videos to be converted, but I'm not familiar enough with the product to say as this is not a product we support or have. I'm sure your Roku Express Plus will work on an HD TV as we have tested on a Roku Expess, but trying to play on an older SD TV certainly may be an issue. Even if you get this to work you're going to have to deal with a "chopped off" video as our video files are in a 16:9 ratio and an SD TV is a 4:3 ratio. The video quality will also be degraded. Still, I want run this by another of our employees on Monday when he returns from vacation as he may be able to shed a little more light on this. Customer service will be back to you on Monday with any additional news.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.