Rockout Knockout

I also love this workout. I did increase my glove weight to 16oz, and I wore the boxing gloves through all 3 sections. I also tacked on the heavy bag workout at the end. I don't have a bag, so I just air punched. Great workout! The extra weight in the gloves intensified the workout, but it was still very doable. Boy did my back and shoulders feel the added weight the next day. I'm excited to do it again!!

Mary

Loved the music!!

I just finished this workout and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the music! Totally motivating! I love all of Cathe's kickboxing workouts, some more than others, but this is my favorite! Awesome job, Cathe! :eek:

I also love this workout. I did increase my glove weight to 16oz, and I wore the boxing gloves through all 3 sections. I also tacked on the heavy bag workout at the end. I don't have a bag, so I just air punched. Great workout! The extra weight in the gloves intensified the workout, but it was still very doable. Boy did my back and shoulders feel the added weight the next day. I'm excited to do it again!!

Mary

I also use 16oz gloves and it does make a difference. I also like the fact that you do not need a heavy bag for this bonus. I love this workout and just did it today for the second time. It's so much more fun because now you know where Cathe is going. It's not the same to just preview it, you have to do it at least once to get it down, IMO. I'm still dripping sweat from the back of my hair, I just love sweating and working out with Cathe. I cannot get enough of this workout.

Firemedic...I agree. Today was the second time I did this and used 1lb hand weights the entire time. After doing this once I was able to really give it my all and wow!! Dripping sweat here too. I do not care for the double kicks though so I improvise and just do kicks. This works well for me and keeps my heart rate up.

I did this 2 mins. after the mailman dropped it off on Monday and loved it too. I did the premix with the bonus. I love that you don't have to use your heavy bag for this if you don't have one. I also loved that the kickbox combos were like nothing Cathe had done before. I truly felt it in my core with this workout more than any of Cathe's other kickbox/boxing workouts. I will be repeating this one a lot.

I was so glad to read that you felt it in your core, too! I did this workout yesterday and was smiling during the combos (I love KPC!). Very deceptive workout, so much fun you don't realize what a good workout you are getting.

rockout knockout hit the mark

Loved this one, just like everyone. Continuous challenge no matter what segment. Great music, everything about this program was motivating!

I love this workout as well! I would love a longer heavy bag secton as well. This was the first thing I tried and it actually got me to smile!! I had been so depressed but I knew Cathe would get me to feel better so I love love hard strikes so I decides to give this a go and it's the only thing that made me smile when I gave been alone in four weeks!! The lockbox combos were not my fav but that's because it was hard for me to get the choreography, my HR when back down in this part but I am hoping that once I learn it I can squat deeper punch harder and it may help keep the HR up there.

So glad you were able to smile Renee!!

Well thank you. I did the premix of cardio with gloves and heavy bag today because shirt on time and I felt good if only 30 minutes!! It was fun.
Yesterday I did the step 2 workout and it was fun as well. That's what I do DVDs and sleep lol
I figure the exercise keeps me sane! I think all these came out just in time. I would live it if vol 2 greatest hits is all of HS and RK and add in KPC and 4 DS on one DVD!! Fun fun and more heavy bag. My husband just bought me a heavy bag and its like the one Cathe has, well I've done the heavy bag four times now, hubby came through today and said dang u been punching the crap out of that! Lol yes yes I have!! Lol

Firemedic...I agree. Today was the second time I did this and used 1lb hand weights the entire time. After doing this once I was able to really give it my all and wow!! Dripping sweat here too. I do not care for the double kicks though so I improvise and just do kicks. This works well for me and keeps my heart rate up.

That's why I'm surprised when someone said that they didn't get their heartrate up on this workout. I was dripping with sweat. Even with the combos. Like Cathe says "if you're giving it your all, your heartrate should be up there." My was this time around and I definately worked out harder this time. I'm finding that with all the news ones, the second time around is much, much better.

That's me on combos but I meant that because I had to stare more then do lol. I have to keep trying this segment till I can get it then I'm sure my HR will be up there. I never blame the Cathe workout it's usually me. Like fancy step I have to do it a lot to get the moves down then my HR is up there. I love all of rock out knockout!! I did the premix with cardio with gloves + heavy bag and was a sweaty mess in only 30 minutes!!

That's me on combos but I meant that because I had to stare more then do lol. I have to keep trying this segment till I can get it then I'm sure my HR will be up there. I never blame the Cathe workout it's usually me. Like fancy step I have to do it a lot to get the moves down then my HR is up there. I love all of rock out knockout!! I did the premix with cardio with gloves + heavy bag and was a sweaty mess in only 30 minutes!!

NO I don't think it was you because the person who said it, said it in a mean way somewhere else. And you are by no means a mean person. The first time I did it, my arms were tangled, so my heartrate came down some. But just wait till you try it more, it gets better and funner, trust me.

Did this one last night and loved it: it took what I liked from Cathe's past boxing and kickboxing workouts and included it all here, and no overkill on the jumping jacks, which my feet appreciated (plantar fasciitis is unforgiving). However, I ranked it at high intermediate intensity (when compared to say Kick Max, which I rank well up there on the intensity chart with those conditioning drills).

This was the first w/o I tried and really loved it too ! It always takes me a few times to get the punching combo's but I wore my 1lb, wrist weights through the whole thing [ they help me punch better ] and was totally drenched by the end . It really fly's by and I don't think I realized how hard I was working while I was doing it . Nice DOMS in my shoulders the next day too !

I was a drippy mess after this, my second round of Rockout Knockout, the jabs & crosses were much crisper, the combos & kicks way better, and I remembered to add the heavy bag bonus at the end, that was new for me. I wore one pound hand weights in the middle, soft bag gloves for the bonus, & skate wrist guards for everything else (the wrist guards keep my wrists straight & just feel good for the other sections). My core/obliques were engaged throughout, I looked in the mirror afterwards & my hair was soaked through. This is just plain fun!

I can only see this getting better as I get the sequences memorized. I loved that about KPC & Kickmax, it gave them real staying power in my collection.

Who ever said Cathe should make a greatest hits of all her kick box videos gets a gold star today! yes!

Last edited:
I wanted to add that a few days ago I did the scrambled premix 2, I really love this workout and had hard time with kick box combos because I don't know it well yet so I decided to try this premix and it really helped I did the cardio w/out gloves to raise the heart up then K b c section came up I gave it my all and he went down some but not to bad and It was fine because it gave me energy for the cardio with gloves section then into HB section and yes I had fun and worked out over an hour yet it didn't feel like an hour at all. It felt wonderful to punch something at the end to!! I felt all the tension I am holding start going away. Plus the music is awesome. Yes I feel "happy" in my rock out knock out zone. I think this is my favored workout of the whole set!

Great workout! I just did this one for the first time (starting Cathe's October rotation today). It was a lot of fun. I wasn't wearing a heart rate monitor, but I did drink 32 ounces of water and I'm still thirsty.:D

Slowly working my way through all the new workouts and did this one yesterday - absolutely loved it! Can anyone help me with the "slip" move - is it more just a kind of pause and bob without any arm movement?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.