Rockout Knockout Heavy Bag bonus

112toGuru

Cathlete
In the heavy bag bonus of Rockout Knockout, there are burpees you do on your gloved hands, are regular boxing gloves supportive enough for that? mine are light weight neoprene which are okay for the workout but I can't bring myself to rely on them to do the burpees, is this because my wrists aren't strong enough or gloves aren't supportive enough? They're kind of bulky to go down on the palm.....Do you, tape your wrists with the gloves? Does that provide enough support?

I really want to not skip that part or do something else. If I get bag gloves, will that work?

I have the regular kind of gloves like Cathe. When I do the burpees I put my hands down in a position as if I was going to grip dumbbells for renegade rows. So palms facing in, knuckles down on the ground. Hope that makes sense...

yeah, it kinda feels like I'm going right down on the knuckles like that (not much padding in my gloves), but there's an idea, I might be able to use the push up bars for it? I think my wrists are going to collapse on it for some reason.

:confused:

The push-up bar sounds like its worth a try :) I actually wish I had gotten the kind of gloves you have because my hands just get so sweaty :(

I recently got some wraps that have padding (they are actually gloves, found them on Amazon)---I was getting bruised knuckles from wearing just my pink boxing gloves during the heavy bag bonuses. Since I don't care for the burpees w/the gloves on, I just do rapid fire high jabs on the bag!

The bonus w/the wraps is the wrist support.

I have the pink Everlast 12oz gloves, and they work fine. I tend to go down a bit slow, though. I always think they're going to slide on the carpet, but they never do.

Nan

If I'm not up for the burpees, I do 3 squats instead followed by the two punches. Works out perfect.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.