Ridding cellulite

ckanuckel

Cathlete
I know there is no magical cream or miracle cure for cellulite but I have developed it very badly on my legs. What workouts will reduce the appearance and firm and tighten skin and reduce fat.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Christine

I know there is no magical cream or miracle cure for cellulite but I have developed it very badly on my legs. What workouts will reduce the appearance and firm and tighten skin and reduce fat.

Christine

I exercise and eat very clean (for years and years) but no change. So I recently decided to try Fascia Blasting. It seems like it might be helping but I haven't done it long enough to be sure. You could Google Ashley Black Fascia Blaster if you are interested. I didn't buy her expensive one, just a cheap wood version on Amazon. Seems pretty decent to me.

Put me partly in the "lucky" category, but I have very little when I am working out and eating clean. However, I had some on my butt apparently when my butt was squeezed (not while just standing normally). I was kindly told this by a guy who hasn't seen my butt since.

However, I notice when I do NOT do the following, I see some cellulite in harsh lighting or while in the ever pleasant downward dog position:

• Eat SUPER CLEAN - for me, this is #1. Not eating what society traditionally thinks of as "eating healthy", not following the USDA Food Pyramid, and not eating clean part time (no cheat days, no eating bad stuff in moderation)....but rather truly eating 99%+ clean All. The. Time. What a difference this makes for me.
  • Dry brushing. I think this may be similar to Fascia Blasting stated above? I previously would have thought this was hokey, but really has worked for several things, cellulite being one of them.
  • Infrared Sauna. I was able to get a home sauna unit and wow...this has really helped for several things, cellulite being one.
  • Heavy lower body workouts. And go deep on squats & lunges - I used to only go down to about a 45 degree angle without realizing it, until I put a mirror in my workout room and now make sure I go down to 90 degrees. HEAVY weights.
  • Detox (with food or supplements)
  • Did I mention eating clean???
If you read about cellulite as being trapped toxins, the above bullet points, and why they work, make total sense.

Try using Retin A on it, and you do not have to have a script to get it. Acid peels also work, and I have a 10 percent lactic acid peel I bought from Amazon. Do not buy anything called Crepe Erase because it does not work. I actually used some of the peels on my face, but you have to be very careful about that.

Last edited:

Christine

I have seen a lot of improvement from doing the rotations with the new Fit Tower workouts. I have done all the rotations in the user guide with only one month left. My back side in particular has less cellulite although it has improved everywhere. I am 59 years old so am surprised with the results. I have been doing Cathe workouts for over 20 years and have had great results but for some reason these rotations/workouts made the most impact on cellulite. Don't want the rotation to end.

I was scanning the forum on Fit Tower workout and came across your conversation. Hope you don't mind me jumping in! I was doing some research on this subject and one thing that seems to help is skin brushing. This actually also helps with preventing/treating crepe skin too. It exercises your skin and gets the blood flow going as well as the lymph. Research some yourself - try Teresa Tapp website. A ton of info. She gives you recommendations and skin brushing really only takes 5 minutes but do it in a particular pattern (i.e. towards your heart). Teresa had a brochure on this too. Good luck!
Julia

Put me partly in the "lucky" category, but I have very little when I am working out and eating clean. However, I had some on my butt apparently when my butt was squeezed (not while just standing normally). I was kindly told this by a guy who hasn't seen my butt since.

However, I notice when I do NOT do the following, I see some cellulite in harsh lighting or while in the ever pleasant downward dog position:

• Eat SUPER CLEAN - for me, this is #1. Not eating what society traditionally thinks of as "eating healthy", not following the USDA Food Pyramid, and not eating clean part time (no cheat days, no eating bad stuff in moderation)....but rather truly eating 99%+ clean All. The. Time. What a difference this makes for me.
  • Dry brushing. I think this may be similar to Fascia Blasting stated above? I previously would have thought this was hokey, but really has worked for several things, cellulite being one of them.
  • Infrared Sauna. I was able to get a home sauna unit and wow...this has really helped for several things, cellulite being one.
  • Heavy lower body workouts. And go deep on squats & lunges - I used to only go down to about a 45 degree angle without realizing it, until I put a mirror in my workout room and now make sure I go down to 90 degrees. HEAVY weights.
  • Detox (with food or supplements)
  • Did I mention eating clean???
If you read about cellulite as being trapped toxins, the above bullet points, and why they work, make total sense.

Can you tell me where you purchased your Infrared sauna home unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell me where you purchased your Infrared sauna home unit?

I bought mine from High Tech Health. They will ask who referred you, and if you give a name, you get a discount of $300-$500 (at least when I bought mine about 1.5 years ago). I gave Customer Service two names and asked which name gave the deeper discount. I remember the one name was "Jeff Bell" and the other was a girl, who I can't remember right now. But you may be able to google it. I don't know either of those two people, but while doing research saw on their website a blurb about "mention my name and you will get a discount".

I ended up getting the Transcend TR-2 (2 person sauna). I would recommend getting the largest one you can fit. I really wish I had gotten the 3-person and keep toying with the idea to get the 3-person and sell my current one. I am the only one who uses the sauna, but I like to lie down since I fall asleep and would like a longer bench. I am 5'7" and can lie down in the 2-person with my knees bent up and my feet on the bench...but just barely. It would be nice to have a little extra leg room. When I sit or stand inside by myself, there is plenty of room in the 2-person. I also got the back rest and they threw in an outside towel rack which is nice. It comes with a radio in the ceiling, but I have never used it, mainly because I just sleep or listen to my own summits. It also has colored light therapy with a remote. I had a good experience with the company, I asked a lot of questions and did have an issue with assembly but their department was very helpful and asked how they could make it better. They were willing to send someone out to help free of charge, but I was able to manage.

I would recommend setting towels down on the seat and back rest. I have never sweated on the wood and it looks brand new because I just switch out the towels daily.

Not sure how much research you (or others) have done, but I would also recommend doing TONS of research. I had wanted a sauna for years and finally 2 years ago went to just buy one. I figured I would hop on the internet, find a good price, and be spa-ing it up by the weekend. Then I found myself in this rabbit hole of dry versus wet; far versus near versus broad spectrum infrared; ceramic versus other heating elements; treated versus untreated woods; types of wood; etc. etc. etc. It took me about 6 months to really do research and find what I thought was best for me. My main goal was to get the least toxic sauna possible (no off-gassing, no treated wood, no plastic, no glues, etc that would also be heated with me while I breathe their toxic fumes).

I had a great website of what to look for, but I can't locate it right now. If I find it, I will send it. ( Edit: http://www.the-infrared-sauna-effect.com) Just take notice that a lot of sites that talk about how to find the best sauna are written BY the sauna company, therefore they purposely direct you to theirs. I had to dig to find independent tips.

Off the top of my head, I know these sites/people talk about saunas (although not sure if any of them use the one I have):
*EmpoweredSustenance.com (Lauren Geertsen)
*LiveTo110.com (Wendy Myers)
*GreenSmoothieGirl.com (Robyn Openshaw)
*TheTruthAboutCancer.com (Ty Bollinger) - he uses a small portable one if room is an issue
*WellnessMaMa.com (Katie)

I Love my sauna and use it every single day I am home. I am going to start re-thinking getting that 3-person sauna again...

Last edited:
I bought mine from High Tech Health. They will ask who referred you, and if you give a name, you get a discount of $300-$500 (at least when I bought mine about 1.5 years ago). I gave Customer Service two names and asked which name gave the deeper discount. I remember the one name was "Jeff Bell" and the other was a girl, who I can't remember right now. But you may be able to google it. I don't know either of those two people, but while doing research saw on their website a blurb about "mention my name and you will get a discount".

I ended up getting the Transcend TR-2 (2 person sauna). I would recommend getting the largest one you can fit. I really wish I had gotten the 3-person and keep toying with the idea to get the 3-person and sell my current one. I am the only one who uses the sauna, but I like to lie down since I fall asleep and would like a longer bench. I am 5'7" and can lie down in the 2-person with my knees bent up and my feet on the bench...but just barely. It would be nice to have a little extra leg room. When I sit or stand inside by myself, there is plenty of room in the 2-person. I also got the back rest and they threw in an outside towel rack which is nice. It comes with a radio in the ceiling, but I have never used it, mainly because I just sleep or listen to my own summits. It also has colored light therapy with a remote. I had a good experience with the company, I asked a lot of questions and did have an issue with assembly but their department was very helpful and asked how they could make it better. They were willing to send someone out to help free of charge, but I was able to manage.

I would recommend setting towels down on the seat and back rest. I have never sweated on the wood and it looks brand new because I just switch out the towels daily.

Not sure how much research you (or others) have done, but I would also recommend doing TONS of research. I had wanted a sauna for years and finally 2 years ago went to just buy one. I figured I would hop on the internet, find a good price, and be spa-ing it up by the weekend. Then I found myself in this rabbit hole of dry versus wet; far versus near versus broad spectrum infrared; ceramic versus other heating elements; treated versus untreated woods; types of wood; etc. etc. etc. It took me about 6 months to really do research and find what I thought was best for me. My main goal was to get the least toxic sauna possible (no off-gassing, no treated wood, no plastic, no glues, etc that would also be heated with me while I breathe their toxic fumes).

I had a great website of what to look for, but I can't locate it right now. If I find it, I will send it. ( Edit: http://www.the-infrared-sauna-effect.com) Just take notice that a lot of sites that talk about how to find the best sauna are written BY the sauna company, therefore they purposely direct you to theirs. I had to dig to find independent tips.

Off the top of my head, I know these sites/people talk about saunas (although not sure if any of them use the one I have):
*EmpoweredSustenance.com (Lauren Geertsen)
*LiveTo110.com (Wendy Myers)
*GreenSmoothieGirl.com (Robyn Openshaw)
*TheTruthAboutCancer.com (Ty Bollinger) - he uses a small portable one if room is an issue
*WellnessMaMa.com (Katie)

I Love my sauna and use it every single day I am home. I am going to start re-thinking getting that 3-person sauna again...

Thank you so much! I had never even thought of anything like this until reading your post, but will definitely do more research.

thank you everyone extremely much for all the posts and useful information i found here as i tried xenical with no help so far.. i am very thankful for everything, i will try some tips that i found here and i do hope they will work for me. i also wanted to ask if i may come back here asking questions in case i will have some? thanks again!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.