Review of Legs in the Four Day Split

RunDiggity

Cathlete
I love the Kickbox and then I did the workout "as is" the second time through with the legs added on.....

TERRIFIC!

I loved the legs in this segment - I felt the burn - it was fun ( even the stupid lunges at the end - i actually smiled when I finished them ) and I enjoyed going heavier but it didn't feel TOO heavy bc I hate lifting a 50 or 60 pound barbell over my head.......so this was great :)

Difficulty - 8 or 8.5 - I was burning at the end but felt I could have gone heavier to begin with...
Positives: variety of movements!
Negatives: Umm none really

Is it me, or are others having trouble with those low plane lunges? I just can't seem to get the set up right, and ended up just doing regular lunges.

I also start from the top and go down. I have a bad knee so not way I can do it like Cathe.

Those Plie squats with 20# DB must really work because I have major DOMS in my inner thighs.

LOVED THE LOW PLANE LUNGES!!!

I did them twice - and the second time figured out what I needed to do bc my step kept sliding! I put two 20LB dumbbells behind the step so that way it doesn't slide on my flooring - and it makes the surface so much more stable!

I absolutely was SHAKING when I did these - and I loved it - I totally smiled and laughed when I was done bc it was such a great fraeking BURN!!!

All I have to say is give those another try without the weights and just focus on the form and see what you think :) }( }( }(

Can I say "Oh baby...." for those!!!

i also have to start at the top but stay in LOW after that- maybe I will try without any weights & see if I can start at low end. Also - LOVE the idea on 20#ers behind the step to keep it in place... I also have a wall I can put it (topper) against.

I loved this whole workout. I love that I can get a great cardio workout and a good leg workout, without it taking all day, and have me feeling like the living dead

I totally felt some DOMS the following day. Not as bad as say doing the whole "Butts & Guts" workout but DOMS none the less.

And the weighted plies totally worked by inner thighs.

I think on the mix and match before it plays it will list how much weight she uses on everything...

but i was thinking 12 lb dumbbells or 15 lb dumbbells...?? I could be totally wrong - I just grabbed 10lb dumbbells - although next time i am grabbing 12s - but usually my first time through I am going one segment lighter than Cathe to figure out where I am at - - suprisingly I am on my second round and am lifting the same weight selections as Cathe and have only dropped down on a few reps...

I did the low plane lunges without weight and my legs felt like stumps (as in solid wood) afterwards. I like the low planes, but will need to work up to adding weights slowly. For me, that was a tough leg workout :D

I agree with sundari. A good solid cardio/weight workout that totally works you out (wipes you out too but in a good way), in a little over an hour!:7 Super duper. And no, you do not feel like the walking dead from doing 45 minutes of cardio followed by another 45-60 of legs. That just doesn't cut it with me anymore.
Gosh I love these workouts. Hope Cathe's next series is nonstop circuits to compliment these workouts. That would be so cool.

>I agree with sundari. A good solid cardio/weight workout that
>totally works you out (wipes you out too but in a good way),
>in a little over an hour!:7 Super duper. And no, you do not
>feel like the walking dead from doing 45 minutes of cardio
>followed by another 45-60 of legs. That just doesn't cut it
>with me anymore.
>Gosh I love these workouts. Hope Cathe's next series is
>nonstop circuits to compliment these workouts. That would be
>so cool.

Do you have the series she put out right before this...it has a few circuit type workouts...Body Max 2, Low Impact Circuit, Drill Max....
Angela:7

I too absolutely loved the legs section. (Well, I love all the weights in 4DS.) I thought the legs portion was thorough, contained familiar exercises w/some fresh elements and was not a rep or "variation of the same exercise" fest! I wasn't keen on coming up from the ground for low plane lunges, so I started from the top and then kept wiggling my front foot out until I was pretty low. All in all, a wonderful lower body segment, IMO!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.