Reverse U Turn...What the....? HELP!!

mmis29

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

I'm having a hard time figuring out the reverse u-turn move. I am determined to get it but I'm having trouble learning it. I usually try to count it out but that's hard to do when you're turning and backward :p

Any tips on how to get this one? Would you mind giving me a count for it?

Thanks!
Marianne

I usually try to count it out but that's hard to do when you're turning and backward :p
Watch that segment before you do it, and it will be easier to figure out the count (or your own 'cues') to use when actually doing the workout. Then practice just that move a few times to get it down.

Am I the only one having a hard time with this one? :) I remember having a hard time with the reverse mambo from imax 3 too but I ended up getting it. After yelling at my step and pausing mannnny many times lol

mmis, I know I'm going to have trouble with it. It will be one of those moves I'm just going to have to continue to practice until it 'bonk' hits me right in the brain. Ta Da! I'll just have to play til it clicks.

Good luck, hon. If I figure out any pointers, I'll let you know.

Kimberly

This one got me the first two times, but I finally nailed it.

Maybe this will help you:

You step up on step (with front leg), - 1
step back on the step (with back leg), - 2
step once more with your front leg - 3 and then come off and head the other way.

Good luck.

This was the 1 move I couldn't nail, despite rewinding the segment about 5 times (no joke)!

Gonnabea, thanks for the info! I will try that today :)

Let me know how it goes, Ladies. I'm doing StepMoves again after Athletic Step tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.