Results after one month of Cathe!

luvmydogs

Cathlete
Hi everyone! I just finished up my first four weeks of Cathe-only cardio and strength training, and I thought I'd let you know of the wonderful results I've had!

I'd been FIRMing for the last year, and although they gave me amazing results, it was time to up the intensity a bit (a lot), with my main goals being weight maintenance and strength & cardiovascular gains. After a lot of research here, and with the generous and knowledgable advice of you all, I purchased Cathe's IS, SB/SPJ, KPC/L&G, and Cardio Hits. It took me several workouts (and several viewings and practices!) to get the more advanced choreography steps down, and although I can't lift anywhere near what Cathe does on her strength tapes, I try to go as heavy as I can when it's called for. I workout 6 days/week.

I am beyond pleased with the results I have gotten. From doing PUB, I've been able to increase my weight increments on bicep curls, hammercurls, lats, tricep kickbacks and overheads. My ds8 was running his hand over my triceps the other night and said, "Wow, Mom! What are these muscles? They look really cool!" (He's also developed an enormous crush on Jai)! I've never had any muscle pop before, and I've especially noticed it in my triceps and biceps. I can even do the stab. ball pikes now (ok, not all of them)! I've also been able to increase my weights on nearly every one of PLB's exercises.

I've also had a noticable increase in cardio capacity. My resting heart rate has gone from 68 to 61, and I can now complete all but a few of the last set of plie-jacks in IMAX2 (I used to poop out after the first set---dang that Interval 9)! And there was that one time when I was angry with dh, and I pretended it was he who was my target while I was Kick, Punch & Crunching.....}( My confidence has just EXPLODED, and when I preview a new Cathe, I no longer look at it and think "Uh-oh! No way I can do those moves!" Now I just think how much fun it's going to be to challenge myself to get it right! This outlook has spilled over into many other areas of my life--I've had a major change in attitude, and it's all for the better. It was a beautiful day when I woke up this morning--and not just because of this gorgeous Georgia Springtime... I am happier and healthier at age 37 than I've been in my entire life (and also because my college-freshman neighbor called me a hottie:7 )!

I could go on forever about the joys I've found in a healthier mind and body. I thank Cathe, and all of you, for inspiring me with such kind, generous, warm and open spirits. :)

Wow, good for you! I have only been doing Cathe for a few weeks. I love the intensity and the feeling of accomplishment when completing a workout. I only hope to have your results. Congrats.

Kim:

wow! What an inspiring post. If I hadn't just finifshed Step Blast, I'd race and lace up my shoes!!!! Good for you. Now, you know, you will be working out for the rest of your life now, because it's like some kind of drug, you just can't give up on that good feeling!

Clare

Kim,

What a wonderful post. Thank you for sharing your success. Please keep us posted in your progress! :)

Lorrayne who also was a former FIRMie.

Wow Kim, how inspiring! Just what I need while I'm trying to get back in shape after a long trip. It took me 4 months to see a difference. I hope to get back to "normal" in a month. Keep it up.:)

Pinky

Hey Kim! Great to hear! I've been trying to catch PUB and PLB on fit tv- I had to get a new vcr - mine pooped out on me when they were last on so now I'm waiting till next week when they repeat so I can do them too! Can't wait!! Look forward to hearing more about your progress. Man I wanna go workout now- bye

Wow, Kim!

I was just checking in before my morning workout and was going to wimp out and do an easy cardio w/*ahem* another instructor. Now I am inspired to get off my fanny and go do a Cathe Cardio.

Thank you for that inspiring post. That feeling of accomplishment really is great, isn't it? Congratulations on your hard work and great accomplishment!

Kim

Hey Kim,
Can you tell me what rotation you used for the last six weeks to acheive your results? It sounds like something I would enjoy or may work for me!

Karen

Thanks so much for all the cheery words of encouragement, everyone! I truly appreciate all of your advice and opinions, and it's because of all of your inspiration and Cathe's great workouts that I'm staying so pumped about sticking with my health and fitness goals!

Sending you all Lots O' Love!:)

P.S. Karen--I PM'ed you!

This was just the post I needed, Kim. I had been a Firmie for about 14 years and have recently begun to do Cathe's (same reason).

I LOVE themn, but find myself feeling tired or lazy, and wanting to fall back on an easier workout. Your post will get me doing my Cathe's all 6 days that I work out per week.

Thanks!

That's GREAT!!! Isn't it an awesome feeling?? I know exactly what you're talking about because I felt the same way when I started with Cathe. :)

That's GREAT!!! Isn't it an awesome feeling?? I know exactly what you're talking about because I felt the same way when I started with Cathe. :)

Godd for you! I have been doing the Firm almost exclusively for about 14 years too. I really don't tihng I am derviving any further benefit from it. As much as I like the Firm, I have also swited to Cathe in hopes of getting over this slump I have been in for the past couple of years. I ordered a bunch of Cathe's DVDs and they should be here this week, I can't wait to start. My routine really needs to be taken up a notch. I am inspired by your post.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.