Registered pet names

Kimenem

Cathlete
I thought this would be fun: what is/are/were the registered names for your pets? Mine are 1) Mindy y Mauna Mauna y Lyra and 2) Jax Alabaster Deville :D

Boldheart's Adorable Black Tie Affair (Tuxedo)
Boldhheart's Desert Diamond (Pepper)
Boldheart's A Pirate's Life for Me (Jack) - named for Jack Sparrow and that turned out to be his personality :confused:
Boldheart's Wish Upon a Star (Shiloh)
A King's Castle Running in the Mist (Scooter)

Last edited:
Autumn Hill ReMark'Able (Tucker) May he RIP, my baby - he certainly lived up to his name.
Black Velvet Latitudes (Jimmy) - he's more like his name sake - smart and fun to be around, but much more free spirited (he's named for Jimmy Buffett - and the song Changes in Latitudes).

Montiel's Golden Buff - Buffy She was the first dog I purchased myself. I was 16 years old.
Broadway's Summer Breeze - Breeze She is the black-tri aussie in my avatar. The other one in the avatar with her is Summer and she isn't register. If she was, her name would have to be something like You sure cost us a lot of money, honey.

Last edited:
Wow! Y'all are making me feel really boring with your super creative names. Mine is Vorkampfer's Graceful Belle (Gracie).

Mona

We had a Great Dane picked out almost from when she was 5 days old... but couldn't have her in our rental (owners said no after they said yes)... but already had her name picked out:

Harley's Icicle Dream (Harley) she was a mantle...

glad that we got an Aussie though (avatar)! (At least we can keep stuff on the counters without fear!) her name is boring tough... Zoe (with the 2 dots over the "e", but we call her Missy Lou or Licky Lou for obvious reasons!)

Mossburg Sabbott (named after the gun & slug my DH used to shoot his 1st big buck - :confused:)
Pearl's Molly Brown
Violet's Maggie Mae
Cocoa's Maynard Bean

All Choc labs expet for Mossburg - he's the yellow sheep in the family

One of the puppies was named Trigger - I wanted them to name him Maynards little Trigger, don't think they did

Uhhhhh.... my pets names are: Noah, Abigail & Samuel (cats) and Piper (dog). Am I missing something here? LOL :)

:)Christine

Last edited:
dani, we have danes! nice to see a fellow dane lover! well, we had 2. the 1st died lasy tr so now we only have 1.

right now we have mufasa. plain ol' mufasa. because he's big and gets in the way like we imagine a lion would.

we used to have annie who was registered as annifus maximus of tenniswood estate!:confused::p we did it to make fun of registering her!:p

I really enjoyed reading all the names!

I didn't register my two. They are just Mercedes and Maximus. Although, we called Maximus the little general when he was a pup. He was a handful!
Mercedes was always trying to please me from the start. She was my goody little two shoe. :)

Oaks Dessert Wind - Makes me mad. His name is supposed to be Oaks Desert Wind. Somebody couldn't spell!!! We got him when he was 12. We call him Serts (pronounced Certs, like the breath mint). Oh, and he's a 19 yo Arabian gelding (horse). :D (Not the horse in my avatar...that's Tanna, an unregistered Arabian.)

The rest of the animals on the place are mutts or not registered.

April

Perugina Baci Dolci (Sweet Kisses) also my favorite Italian chocolate treat. We call her Baci pronounced bah-chi.

Do horses count? My first horse's barn name was Ollie, but his registered Hanoverian name was Elfin.

My second horse, an American Azteca (Quarter Horse x Andalusian) was named Tesoro Pequeno (Little Treasure).

My horse right now is called Levi. His registered Friesian Sporthorse name is Lino. He has a full brother named Reno. Their names rhyme. I'm guessing they didn't call him Leno because they thought people would be mispronouncing his name Leh-no, as in "Jay Leno".

That's all I know.:)

You sure cost us a lot of money, honey.

DH and I can relate to this as well with our beloved Docker (RIP sweet boy) and Tanner our 8 yr old dachshund. We did not register them. We nicknamed them Docker Doo and Tanner Roo. :) Both of them had back surgery and Tanner continues to be our accident prone fur kid. :)

Tucker's registered name is Tucker Boy Sweet Pepper's Pride :)

It's a combination of his mom's name Frauline Sweet Red Pepper and paternal grandpa Pepper's Danny Boy.

We keep Tucker's formal name a bit hush hush around our house so that we don't make Tanner feel as if he's any less of a weiner dog just b/c he doesn't have papers. :p

My dog is not registered. I am guessing that has to do with purebreeds. I rescued my dog from the humane society. He was listed as a Labrador Retriever mix. He was 10 months old (and already 55 lbs). I will never forget the day I found him. I walked throught the cages and crates. All the dogs were barking. I turned the corner and there was Thor (originally named Rusty). He did not bark. He was sitting there looking up at me. He put is right paw up on the chain link fence and cocked his head to the side. His ears were back and his eyes said "please pick me, pretty please!" I knelt down and said "don't worry boy, you are coming home with me." He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. He was by my side through college, my first job, moving to here and there, boyfriends...etc. He is always there. He is my best friend.

His full name is Thor M. Goobie - which is really from Thor My Good Boy. His nicknames to which he responds as well are Cutes, Cutie Little Puppy, and Cuteness. I changed his name to Thor because the God of Thunder seemed to fit his friendly, boisterous, playful personality.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.