Rave! Fit Body by Julia- Youtube

Her workouts are tough tough!! I I like Julia.......she interacts with her yt followers like myself all the time! She gets 2 thumbs up from me, although I do not have the endurance (or hips) to do her workouts all the time!! lol. Some are quite long. Even her 'de stress' workout was advanced. :)

Thanks for sharing the link.
Julia has been mentioned before. I checked her workout and I agree there are very challenging.
They are right up my alley therefore on my list!

Last edited:
I've done a few of her workouts and she will kick your butt in a really good way. I did a upper body where she splits muscle groups started off with triceps and then followed with a triceps intensive Tabatha (yeah it was tough) then chest work and chest tabata, etc. Its was a bit over a hour and I was jelly :) It was a really touch upper body circuit

She really is amazing! I absolutely love how prolific she is posting 6 workouts a week. She's the most active fitness channel on youtube at the moment that I know of. I've gotten addicted to and can't wait for her daily upload to check out what she's doing. So far I've done 3 of her workouts (mostly lower body and Hiit focused since I've been having to go easy on a glitch-y left shoulder the past few months). I just love when her baby Max comes toddling into the frame. :D Sometimes she'll pick him up and use him as a weight for squats! ROFL :p

I've gotten addicted to and can't wait for her daily upload to check out what she's doing.

I'm a huge fan too -- but I probably spend more time "checking out what she's doing" than doing what she's doing. Her workouts are so crazy tough that I can't bring myself to attempt most of them!:eek:

I'm a huge fan too -- but I probably spend more time "checking out what she's doing" than doing what she's doing. Her workouts are so crazy tough that I can't bring myself to attempt most of them!:eek:
lol, yep. I will admit to LOTS of modifying on my part, pausing to rest and also shortening the workouts (taking out a circuit or two when she repeats them) to make it manageable for me. My fitness has declined a bit this year due to a variety of things (abdominal surgery earlier this year, stress making my tough workouts harder to do and fit in, shoulder woes...). I'm doing what I can for now but I am loving it for what I've been able to do!

I love that she does a lot of pistol squats. It's forcing me to practice working on those. I always intended to work on doing a real unassisted pistol but always found an excuse to not include them before. I can't do them like she can yet, but I'm working diligently to get there. I really like her rolling pistols that she does. The momentum helps me to get up (the part I always get stuck on) while still working on strengthening those muscles that do that part of the pistol. I'm making this my goal for the year! :D

lol, yep. I will admit to LOTS of modifying on my part, pausing to rest and also shortening the workouts (taking out a circuit or two when she repeats them) to make it manageable for me. My fitness has declined a bit this year due to a variety of things (abdominal surgery earlier this year, stress making my tough workouts harder to do and fit in, shoulder woes...). I'm doing what I can for now but I am loving it for what I've been able to do!

I love that she does a lot of pistol squats. It's forcing me to practice working on those. I always intended to work on doing a real unassisted pistol but always found an excuse to not include them before. I can't do them like she can yet, but I'm working diligently to get there. I really like her rolling pistols that she does. The momentum helps me to get up (the part I always get stuck on) while still working on strengthening those muscles that do that part of the pistol. I'm making this my goal for the year! :D

That makes me feel better, Colleen! I can't do unassisted pistol squats so if I see any kind of pistol squat on her breakdown, I usually don't do the workout! How do you modify? Just hold onto something while you are going down and up?

That makes me feel better, Colleen! I can't do unassisted pistol squats so if I see any kind of pistol squat on her breakdown, I usually don't do the workout! How do you modify? Just hold onto something while you are going down and up?

The rolling one really is a good bridge for me. Otherwise what I've been doing is I'll have my high step next to me so I can put my hand out and give myself a little assist on the way back up. I have 4 risers on it now (and go down about that far instead of all the way unless I'm rolling back) but my plan is to take one riser out at a time and working on getting lower and lower, then eventually (hopefully! LOL) I'll be able to do it with out the hand assist and no high step next to me. The other option that I do sometimes is to actually use that high step as a place to sit and not use my hands at all. It's like the one legged sit and stands Cathe does in STS but with the goal being to lose one riser at a time so you are going lower and lower as you strengthen the muscles. I kind of alternate between the two modifying methods. I used to use my suspension trainer to assist with pistols, but since I moved my workout space to my basement I haven't gotten around to putting it back up. That is a great way to do it as well!

Well, I did one of her quick shreds workouts this morning and by the time I finished, I was sweating like a pig at a roast It was tough but good. I modified my weights to try and get a feel of the speed and how she does her workouts and I still got a very good workout!

The rolling one really is a good bridge for me. Otherwise what I've been doing is I'll have my high step next to me so I can put my hand out and give myself a little assist on the way back up. I have 4 risers on it now (and go down about that far instead of all the way unless I'm rolling back) but my plan is to take one riser out at a time and working on getting lower and lower, then eventually (hopefully! LOL) I'll be able to do it with out the hand assist and no high step next to me. The other option that I do sometimes is to actually use that high step as a place to sit and not use my hands at all. It's like the one legged sit and stands Cathe does in STS but with the goal being to lose one riser at a time so you are going lower and lower as you strengthen the muscles. I kind of alternate between the two modifying methods. I used to use my suspension trainer to assist with pistols, but since I moved my workout space to my basement I haven't gotten around to putting it back up. That is a great way to do it as well!

Colleen, thanks for the tips! So timely because I just bought a high step last month! Darn, now I have one fewer excuse for not doing Julia's workouts... :oops:

Thanks for this link. I have done two of her workouts so far - well, tried to! I did a 1 hour Tabata/upper body workout but had to modify A Lot!!!! I couldn't finish the last ten minutes. Yesterday I did part of a lower body workout. Wow. This women is strong!!! I love her workouts and I love how she interacts with her children during the workouts too. It's so cute. Love hearing something crash in the background. Makes me chuckle cos I know it's some toy that has fallen on a doll house or something.

I am just starting my 3rd week doing mostly her workouts. Yes, they are tough and I find myself modifying to be able to keep up. For instance today, she did pistol squats and I just forget THAT and did leg presses with weights on the high step. My weight is generally not as high as hers either, but I tell you, it really challenges me and I have made noticeable fitness gains since I started working out with her in just this short time and am already able to keep up with her more and more. Yes, I have shortened some of her workouts too, because staying at or under that hour mark feels do-able to me and does not overwhelm me, so that's where I stay.

I like her more recent newer workouts rather than her older ones simply because she had a cream-colored shag rug in her workout room in the older ones that just seemed to get in the way and really bugged me :eek: even though I would like to do her older workouts because I want to see how she has progressed.

I just finished today's upload, was amazingly brutal! I am no where near her ability, I use lighter weights, I do have to modify at times (most), I do feel stronger and have more stamina. I have found Cathe's have become a bit easier for me, which is a huge ego boost! Lol She has so much to choose from, I highly recommend her!

I've been consistently doing Julia's workouts about 3X a week since I posted this originally and have been alternating her stuff with Five Parks Yoga practices which I do 2-3X a week (so I'm working out 5-6 times a week depending on my schedule). I do like you guys and modify some of her moves, use lighter weights, etc. I am SOOO close to doing a pistol squat for realsies! I'm not there yet, but I'm so close. I really like the rolling pistols she does because that seems like a great way to work on that strength needed using momentum to help out. I was inspired by the Bosu workouts she posted to finally break down and buy a Bosu, which I've been wanting for ages. Since doing those (and actually using the Bosu in place of a step with a lot of other moves/workouts) my balance has increased dramatically. I've noticed the difference when I'm doing yoga and I can go into various balance poses like airplane/warrior 3 and half moon pose with relative ease and minimal wobbling compared to before. My push up endurance has gotten way better too, since doing Julia's workouts. I just love her!!!

I've been consistently doing Julia's workouts about 3X a week since I posted this originally and have been alternating her stuff with Five Parks Yoga practices which I do 2-3X a week (so I'm working out 5-6 times a week depending on my schedule). I do like you guys and modify some of her moves, use lighter weights, etc. I am SOOO close to doing a pistol squat for realsies! I'm not there yet, but I'm so close. I really like the rolling pistols she does because that seems like a great way to work on that strength needed using momentum to help out. I was inspired by the Bosu workouts she posted to finally break down and buy a Bosu, which I've been wanting for ages. Since doing those (and actually using the Bosu in place of a step with a lot of other moves/workouts) my balance has increased dramatically. I've noticed the difference when I'm doing yoga and I can go into various balance poses like airplane/warrior 3 and half moon pose with relative ease and minimal wobbling compared to before. My push up endurance has gotten way better too, since doing Julia's workouts. I just love her!!!

Yeah....been tempted to get a Bosu....and could literally kick myself because I saw one at a thrift store earlier this year and said "nah...!":mad: Can you say, "idiot"???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.