Ramping it up for August!

gonnabea5

Cathlete
Hello All,

I've decided to really ramp up my workouts for the month of August. Over the past four months I've gained weight, gained inches and my endurance level has gone way down. Since starting my new job in March, I've had to cut my AM workouts in half and even on Saturday, I don't have the energy to go past 40 minutes. I just feel like if I tighten up my schedule and routine, I can make progress in those three areas.

I workout 5 days in the gym doing various 30-35 minute workouts on demand. They even have a few Cathe workouts. So, now I will add a 30-40 minute workout in the evenings on M, T, Th, and Fr.

I eat pretty healthy most of the time and get enough rest. I will tighten those areas up as well. The plan is also to listen to my body and take extra rest days as needed, so some evenings, I may just walk. Some PM workouts may just focus on lower body, upper body, core, or cardio. So, they all won't be all-out tough cardio.

It's only a month long challenge and I will end on Sept 1st. I will run a thread in check in and challenges.

Stop by there and check on me.

Putting to paper our goals is a very effective way to accomplish them. You go, Shereta! You sound like one determined lady

Yes I have a calendar that I keep in my purse and I update it twice a day. Having a quick visual has helped me in the past.

gonnabea5,

We are here to cheer you on and keep you accountable. Stay focused, keep that refreshing water handy while you work out and ramp it up for August! You can do this!:D

Way to get back in it Gonnabea5! There are always ups & downs but you're not giving up-we're all here for you! I write it on my calendar also - I like to look at it & see all the workouts logged in! Keep it up!

I weighed in today and I've lost about 3.5 lbs this week so far. But the first week always yields more weight loss. I'm really aiming for 2 going forward. Saturday is a cheat day. I have had a few cheats by design. Tomorrow I will tighten it back up and get back on the wagon on Monday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.