Question: chair height for STS?

HPLECTRA

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and crew,

What is the chair height or dimensions? Especially for the sit N stands! I was using my 12" step from "The Firm" and it seemed way too low for this sort of exercise.
I ended up doing these with leg elevated and squated as low as possible without sitting down again.

Thanks for your input.
Heidi

Hi Cathe and crew,

What is the chair height or dimensions? Especially for the sit N stands! I was using my 12" step from "The Firm" and it seemed way too low for this sort of exercise.
I ended up doing these with leg elevated and squated as low as possible without sitting down again.

Thanks for your input.
Heidi

Heidi
18" is what many of us are using because SNM had mentioned it a bit ago.
A High Step w/ 8 risers is a bit higher but what I find I need @ at this point to execute the sit n stands perfectly. In order to get stronger so I can go to 18" I am doing my workout reps with the higher step and then practicing a few minus a riser or 2. That way I'll work up to be as strong as I'd like.

Heres a thread where it was discussed recently

http://www.cathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259264&highlight=Chair+height

Hey Traci!

Thank you! 18" is a big difference versus 12". It is no wonder I couldn't do this AT ALL!

:)

I had the same issue when I was trying to do these with my old Firm high step. It dawned on me that it was too low, so I set the step platform on top the step itself. It feels stable, and it's quicker than setting up so many risers. Since it's not anchored, I'm very careful on the sit motion, which is good because it encourages me to use control on the way down. By the way, I'm only 5' tall, so I think this would be really different for a taller person.
I hope this helps!

Thank you J!

Hi Kathryn, My thoughts exactly!

When doing the wall squats to pick up the weights I found that my hips were lower than my knees and I didn't think that this was good. I hold onto my weights (if I use them! :) ) and only go down as low as I can.

Thank you all for your input! I am going to check-out my chairs to see what height they are or use my high step with extra risers. :)

Have a great workout and day!
Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.