question about STS 6 month rotation (and auto weight increments)

rgs424

Cathlete
If I do a 6 month rotation, will the weights that you are supposed to use automatically increase? For example, when I first did STS, I performed the 1 rep MAX test for all of the exercises, and received 3 months of workouts (mesocycles 1-3) and the weight that I should use for each exercise was calculated. Now if I wrap around and begin to repeat these mesocycles, will the weights continue to increase automatically? Or do I need to do the 1-rep max tests all over again ?

If I do a 6 month rotation, will the weights that you are supposed to use automatically increase? For example, when I first did STS, I performed the 1 rep MAX test for all of the exercises, and received 3 months of workouts (mesocycles 1-3) and the weight that I should use for each exercise was calculated. Now if I wrap around and begin to repeat these mesocycles, will the weights continue to increase automatically? Or do I need to do the 1-rep max tests all over again ?

So what should happen, is your strength improves and you are eventually able to lift heavier. Therefore, you should consistently update your 1RM using the calculator option on the STS workout sheet which I edit on my Calendar. I usually keep fairly close track of my STS workouts, and before I print out another 3 worksheets, I make sure I input any changes or notes before moving on. Those numbers will go up or down through the months, and years like the way I have used this set. The General Notes box is where I'll jot down what's going on in my life.

The weights do automatically increase on the w/o sheets. I always recommend to print one w/o sheet at a time. Mark on your sheet what weight you used if it differs from what the w/o sheet recommends. If it differs , then update on the w/o manager. This will automatically update your future w/o's. I think you should be o.k. if you just update as you go and update the weights that you changed from the w/o sheet. I hope that made sense.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.