Push It

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July. We had family over----kind of last minute planning because DH thought he may have to work. It was fun. I tried not to eat to much---the key word is tried:D. We had a lot of fun and I slept in on Friday morning. I got up to eat some toast for breakfast and went back to bed and slept until 12.

I just finished 45 minutes on the elliptical. We go to Virginia Beach on Tuesday for the rest of the week so I am looking forward to that. There is a bday party for my cousin tonight---so I am looking forward to little more summer fun.

Cardio Leg Blast for me today :eek:. I used my 25lbs for the majority of the strength exercises (except for squats because my main goal is to improve my depth, going at/below parallel - aka a** to the grass ;)).

We enjoyed the afternoon at the beach today :cool:. It's hot as heck out there!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Hey everyone. Been a busy couple of days. Today was Low Impact Circuit. Love that workout :) My heart rate monitor says I burned 1000 calories. I don't really believe that, but relative to other workouts this one is a goodie in terms of calorie burn.

I'm not really sure what my week will look like. Last week I did HSC, which was awesome also. I haven't done circuits in a while and I've missed them. I may do Cardio Leg Blast tomorrow, not sure. Just gonna go with what I feel like in the morning.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend. I start personals again tomorrow :)

Good Morning everyone! Just finished Burn Sets Bi's and Tri's and Core 1. I realized that I have neglected my core the last few weeks...so it was burning today. We head to the beach tomorrow for the rest of the week. I hope to workout in the morning before we leave. It is my plan to get up a run in the mornings while away. I will see how it goes:D

Hello everyone :)

I had my cousin's b-day party to attend yesterday and I needed to fit in a quick UB workout. I chose STS TB UB premix. Because I feel as though there is not enough bicep and tricep work, I added some bicep curls w/band, and lying tricep extensions. Great workout :eek:.

OMG I have the Tank Of Death :(. All my fish are starting to die :confused:. I'm going to the aquatic store today to get my water tested and see what the heck is going on. Poor little guys :(.

Have a wonderful day!

Hello all :) Yesterday was Cardio Leg Blast. I think I have only done that workout once. I really like it. I don't think it is as hard as some of the Plyo Leg workouts, but it is funner to do :D And the music is awesome. And there is something about the plyo moves, esp the box jumps, that make me feel like I get a core workout as well. I was supposed to do a core based workout today, but I'm a bit sore in the UB so I decided on a rest day. The rest of the week I have planned is pretty intense, so I think I need the rest.

We have two Windows laptops in the house, both of which are just about dead. I have no idea what kids do to stuff. I JUST gave the one laptop that was mine to my kids. Not less than six months and it barely functional :mad: It was already beginning to move a bit slow anyway, but not it barely responds. Or it takes like 10 minutes to 'warm up' before it really works well. I just don't have the patience for it. So I replaced the house computer with a shiny new iMac :) I'm typing on it as we speak. I'm totally in love with Apple products. I love that I turn it on and set up my Apple ID account and all the same stuff on my Mac laptop is magically here on the desktop as well :)

Tasha
I hate bicep curls with band :confused: I keep trying them and I keep hating them. Maybe one day I will get the hang of them. They just feel awkward to me.

HeartyMax
Have a great vacation!!

Stacie
I hope surgery goes well. I would definitely avoid heavy weights after surgery. It sounds like the procedure you are having is 'minor' in that you only have to take a week off? I also have a fibroid. They say it's big enough to cause my uterus to measure the size of a 15 week pregnancy :eek: However, I'm lucky because it's not bleeding; doesn't affect my monthly cycle; and doesn't hurt. I'm not going to do anything about it at this point. I'm hoping that when I get to menopause it will shrink on it's own and I won't have to do anything about it.

Have a good day all :D :D

Hello all :) Yesterday was Cardio Leg Blast. I think I have only done that workout once. I really like it. I don't think it is as hard as some of the Plyo Leg workouts, but it is funner to do :D And the music is awesome. And there is something about the plyo moves, esp the box jumps, that make me feel like I get a core workout as well. I was supposed to do a core based workout today, but I'm a bit sore in the UB so I decided on a rest day. The rest of the week I have planned is pretty intense, so I think I need the rest.

We have two Windows laptops in the house, both of which are just about dead. I have no idea what kids do to stuff. I JUST gave the one laptop that was mine to my kids. Not less than six months and it barely functional :mad: It was already beginning to move a bit slow anyway, but not it barely responds. Or it takes like 10 minutes to 'warm up' before it really works well. I just don't have the patience for it. So I replaced the house computer with a shiny new iMac :) I'm typing on it as we speak. I'm totally in love with Apple products. I love that I turn it on and set up my Apple ID account and all the same stuff on my Mac laptop is magically here on the desktop as well :)

Tasha
I hate bicep curls with band :confused: I keep trying them and I keep hating them. Maybe one day I will get the hang of them. They just feel awkward to me.

HeartyMax
Have a great vacation!!

Stacie
I hope surgery goes well. I would definitely avoid heavy weights after surgery. It sounds like the procedure you are having is 'minor' in that you only have to take a week off? I also have a fibroid. They say it's big enough to cause my uterus to measure the size of a 15 week pregnancy :eek: However, I'm lucky because it's not bleeding; doesn't affect my monthly cycle; and doesn't hurt. I'm not going to do anything about it at this point. I'm hoping that when I get to menopause it will shrink on it's own and I won't have to do anything about it.

Have a good day all :D :D

I got in All Out Low Hiit this morning. It has been a while since I did that one and it was quite a bit of fun!! I added on the beginning core moves from Horizontal Conditioning 2 since I already had the step and the discs out.

Toni---I don't like band biceps either. I usually just opt to use weights instead.

We are leaving for the beach in a few hours. There is a red wine that is popular on the military exchanges overseas. One of my former neighbors used to bring me some back from some of his trips. It is absolutely the best wine. It is only sold in two places in the US. One is not that far from where we are going so I have already called to ask them to hold several bottles for me to pick up. Several of my friends who don't like red wine....love this wine. Due to law restrictions, they are not able to ship it to Maryland. I haven't had any in while, so I am looking forward to it.

I may check in while I am away....if not...just know that I am relaxing on the oceanfront.

Yesterday's w/o was a Leslie 4 mile walk/jog intervals + 4DS Kickbox w/my pink Everlast gloves. Much funner and harder with the gloves!

Oy vay I just ordered 3 new DVD's :eek::rolleyes:;). Kelly Coffey Mayer LIFT and SPlit Sessions, and Paul Katami Burn & Build. Someone really needs to stop making on-line ordering so convenient :p:D.

Toni
Cardio Leg Blast is not as hard as any of the Plyo Legs IMO.
Congrats on the new Mac!

Heartymax
Have an awesome time at the beach! I'm SO jealous :).

Hi,

The last 2 days have been too hot to workout inside so I've done 20 min walks outside in the AM before it gets too hot. It's nice to take it outside for a change.

Will catch up with personals later....

TmJ

Hi Everyone,
Who is so excited about Cathe's upcoming workouts? I definitely am enjoying the updates!

The trip was great! I will upload some pics soon for those of you interested in Glacier. My camera doesn't have a filter for the higher elevation so just imagine really crisp colors in the pictures. We didn't get to spend a lot of time there so just one quick, short hike was all we did; it didn't even take an hour. It was beautiful and we saw a couple deer:) The rest of the time in MT we were driving, eating, and drinking in Billings, MT! It was absolutely wonderful seeing my family:D

I did make time to do one S&G workout and added on a few glute exercises.

Monday I did Burnsets but of course went a little lighter since it had been so long since I worked out. I'm glad I did because I am a bit sore today.
This morning was a glute workout and Ups/Downs. I am looking forward to a HiiT and another glute workout tomorrow:)

Stacie,
I am SO sorry to hear about the surgery. Definitely not a fun vacation:( Is your mom going to be able to help out with Tyler while you're recovering?

Tash,
So sorry to hear about your fish! I hope you get some answers.

Ya know, I forgot to tell you weeks ago how much Craig and I enjoyed that chicken/sauce crock pot recipe; I really like how thick the sauce turns out. I served it over brown rice but I think next time I'll serve it over linguini noodles.

Enjoy your new workouts! That's funny about *they* need to stop making it so easy to buy:D

TmJ,
I am enjoying the book so thank you for your suggestion! I think Peter and the Starcatchers is more adventurous but it's a nice fantasy book for sure:)

Heartymax,
I would love to go to Virginia Beach; one of these days:rolleyes:
Thanks for mentioning the Road Rover or whatever; I really was just planning to take a cab but I will look into it. I don't think I'll be able to make the morning workout on Sunday because I want to be ready to go by Brunch time and hit the airport from there... clean and freshly showered, not stinky!

Toni,
Glad you're back from your trip and I'm sure you had a great time. Did you load pictures on you profile page? I would love to see some! Sorry, I know I'm behind on reading personals over the last couple weeks.

Gonna get; it is good to be back home!

Hi everyone :)

Yesterday was a rest day but I managed to get in a 1hr walk outside.

I hate to admit this, but I'm a little disappointing with the new LB w/o's :(. I thought they would be more along the lines of a heavier leg routine, but they look a lot like XT Legs. I guess I shouldn't knock em' until I try em', right?

Jennifer
Glad to see you had a great vaca :cool:. Are you going to post the pics on FB? Your Avatar looks breathtaking.
SO happy you and Craig loved the chicken!
We tested the water and there is nothing that would cause such rapid fish death :confused:. The Nitrates were a little high (from waste) but that was about it. We were advised to do a 25% water change weekly, instead of monthly.

TMJ

WTG on the walks in the AM :).

Have a great day everyone!

Hey all :D Not sure there will be a workout today. It's TTOM and I'm not feeling so well this moring. I'm hoping to feel better this afternoon and then I can get in some spinning. We shall see.

Tasha
I was not surprised to see that the leg workouts are not a heavy lift. I have seen some comments from SMN lately that have stated that research is showing that heavy lifting may not be the most beneficial for leg work. Also that most people don't have the equipment in their home to do the heavy lift properly and safely. I'm sure that there are many benefits to the heavy lifting for legs(I know many hear swear by it), but I personally have found it to bother my knees. And the high reps with moderate weights seems to provide benefits for me. That and spinning. Since I've started spinning my legs are so much firmer and shapely. I think it's the fat loss combinded with toning. My quads now have that outter sweep look that's nice. We have so many options with the type of workouts that Cathe produces that we can certainly switch things up alot. I would certainly not give up heavier lifting for the legs totally, but it's nice to have workouts I can switch to if my knees need a break.

Jennifer
So glad you hear to had a good trip. Yes, I did add just a couple photos in my profile from the trip. Glacier is on my list of places to hike to. I hear it's beautiful there :) And yes, I'm totally excited for the new workouts. Each one of them has something I want!!

TMJ
I hope the weather breaks for you soon. The heat is exaughting!!

Just dropping in for a quick check in. I have used the hotel gym. Yesterday was 2.5 mile on treadmill and chest and shoulder work. Today was a 40 minute walk on treadmill and 20 minutes of biceps and triceps and 20 pushups.

The weather has been beautiful. DH and I have enjoyed dinner at some good restaurants. Last night we walked on the other end of the boardwalk and randomly asked this guy to recommend a place to eat. After we found the restaurant, we weren't sure if we cared for the menu. But this guy says everyone he has recommended to go there loves it so we decided to stay. OMG---the food was amazing!!! The best oven baked scallops I've ever had. DH had crab stuffed flounder in a bag and it was literally cooked in bag and brought to the table in a bed. We were both glad we stayed and checked out. Food was great. My boys usually like doing their own thing for dinner so that's why it's nice staying on the quiet end of the boardwalk. We feel comfortable letting them go to dinner at some of the restaurants close by (that are not bars).

Have a great day. DH and I are meeting one of his college friends and wife for dinner tonight.

Hi fit fabs, check out this utube vid; it's just over 6 minutes. VERY impressive!

44 Best Bodyweight Exercises Ever for Women - Leigh Lowery - YouTube

I uploaded 3 of my fav Glacier pics to my profile.

The squash in our garden are HUGE! Wish I could send you all some because we are going to have a LOT of it. I can eat a lot of squash but even I may have a limit!

Yesterday was Glutes and then 40/20; it hurt so good! Today is a rest day and Tomorrow will be Glutes and then either chest/shoulders/triceps or an Afterburn premix... humm...

Tash,
Are the workouts better than they looked? I hope so.
Any news about the fish?
I will post Glacier pictures on FB.

Heartymax
Sounds like a fantastic trip! Glad you were even able to hit the gym;) Are you and DH going to jog the beach? I hear that running in the sand is a whole different creature!

Toni,
Hope TTOTM goes by very fast!
I am looking forward to looking at your pictures:cool:

Stacie, TmJ, hope all is well!

Gotta run - have a good night!

Hello ladies :)

Just a quickie check-in...

Today's w/o was 4DS Chest, Shoulder's, Tri's (LOVE) + STS TB Compound Chest, Shoulder's, Tri's (add-on).

Yesterday's w/o was Tabatacise rounds 1-3 + 40min walk outside.

Jennifer
Thanks for the link! That woman is a total bad a$$ :eek:.
Pics are absolutely beautiful :).

Heartymax
WTG for exercising while on vaca! Hope you are having a great time :).

Toni
Hope you feel better soon!

Have an awesome day ladies!

Got in 30 minutes on the treadmill. I jumped on the bike but couldn't get comfortable on the seat. I just didn't like the stationary bike so I got off and called it a day.

Good Sunday morning!
I ended up doing a long glute workout Friday so I didn't get around to doing Burnsets until yesterday. This morning was Afterburn.

Since I've been stuck on Burnsets for quite a while now, meaning it's my fav UB workout, the last few times I've done the workout I've substituted Cross Body Triceps Press for the Single Arm Tricep Kickbacks. I really like those; they are hard:D In addition, I've been doing Dead Lifts instead of the Double Arm Rows.

Do any of you substitute particular exercises?

Tash,
I agree, that chick is FIT! I would love to have a gym and trainer like that!

I've been meaning to ask you about the train derailment and crude oil explosion. Did that happen close to where you live? And, btw, I heard it was propane and then I heard it was crude oil so which is it?

I need to do 4DS Chest/Shoulders/Tri's... skipping back and biceps would really help as far as time limits go. You don't seem to mention Burnsets that I can recall, is that one that you just don't care for too much?

Heartymax,
Nice job on the elliptical! Life is too short and there are way too many other alternatives to bother with exercises that you just can't get into:)

Have an awesome day!

We got back from our trip to the beach. DH and I had dinner with one of his college buddies (and wife)who live in the area. It was great seeing them again. All the late night dinners and ice cream and glasses of wine results in a few extra pounds, but I am back to normal eating so they should be gone in soon:D.

I did Pyramid Upper Body yesterday morning including the core which is pretty good. I usually just do the down premix, but I decided to do the entire workout. What a burner. I just finished 40 minutes on the elliptical.

Jennifer---I am coming in to the 30th st. Amtrak station. My train arrives around 12 and I leave Sunday at 1:30. I see they made some changes to Sunday breakfast. It will be at the studio instead of the restaurant. I am not in the FB group, so I am going through old road trip discussions to get some tips about what to bring. Someone in my other discussion has been on a trip, I need to remember to ask her for a few tips. By the way, I did not run on the beach. DH ran on the beach last summer while we were in the Carribean, but he didn't exercise at all on this trip.

Tasha---As you now, last summer was our first big trip. I have to admit, after seeing the beautiful Carribean ocean, it was hard not to think the beach was dirty here. I love the calmness on being on he beach and being able to walk out on the balcony and listen to the waves. They have a very nice boardwalk and numerous places to eat...just a great hangout place.

Gotta run and get ready for church.

Quickly checking in from the pool :). Today was LLB. Loved it. I think next time I will replace the floor work with the barre segment.

Yesterday was The Lion King. It was awesome! Here is a picture of me in my dress to show some of my results from recent workouts.

Be back later for personals.

Attachments

• image-2245445404.jpg
    image-2245445404.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 22

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.