Push It January 2014

Nancy--sorry about your car. I am so looking forward to the sunny and 57 degrees here today.

Today was 40 minutes of cardio on the elliptical cardio and planks.

I had a post typed up and then forgot to hit submit :mad:

Quickly, today was LBB. I did better today than last week and I'm feeling it already in my legs. Cathe really has some good leg workouts. Tomorrow will be the 4DS UB premix, which I'm looking forward to.

I was still really feeling Saturday's Great Glutes yesterday in my hammies :rolleyes:! WOW! That workout has such variety and the time flies! Sunday was a well deserved rest day so I got out and went for a long walk in some glorious weather! Yesterday I started a high rep week and did All Out HIIT to get things started. I got my new WAGS in the mail and they made the mountain climbers MUCH MORE comfortable :)! I think tonight will be Total Body Trisets total body express premix. I have Tabatacise and High Reps slated for this week along with X10 Double Low Impact and Crossfire lower impact premix. then it's back to heavier weights and metabolic sessions for a few weeks!

Heartymax, way to go with the 25 consecutives!!! That is really an accomplishment to get yourself psyched about! Maybe with my new WAGS I'll be able to get back to focusing on "toe" pushups ;)!

Toni, I agree about Cathe's leg workouts! (Well, my hammies REALLY agree this morning!) I cannot pick a favorite!

Well, time to get myself off to work for a VERY busy day! Going to be tough not to get distracted by this awesome weather: getting closer to 80 today!!!!

Last night's TBT Total Body Express just flew by! It fit in perfectly with my "de-load" week...I kept the weights at the normal poundage that I use and figured the "light" part was only doing one set of each exercise instead of the normal two sets. It was just the right amount of challenge :). I'm looking forward to Tabatacise tonight. It just feels so good at the end :p!

I need to put together a comprehensive 60 day rotation to get to summer feeling strong and energetic. I may start walking after dinner again for 30 minutes since it is warming up and staying lighter later. I need to add more activity to my day :rolleyes:.

Well I hope everyone has a great workout today!!! The weekend is so close I can almost see it!

This time change has me out of sorts. I love the longer sunlight but oh my am I going to bed too early and waking up in the middle of the night. Tuesday workout was AOLH. I took a rest day on Wed. and today.

Nancy--I hear you on getting ready for summer. I picked up 5 pounds that seems to be sticking. This has never happened before. Not to say I've never gained 5 pounds.....but to say I've never haf a problem getting rid of it. My weight has been consistent for many years and now I'm struggling. I was 45 last fall and I dont want to blame it on age but I too feel that I need to add some evening cardio but I am already zapped in the evening. Thanks for the pushup Kudos.

We had a BRUTAL thunderstorm/wind event yesterday evening that looked like a tornado went through our area! Lots of uprooted trees on buildings and of course power outages :( It took hours to get home from work dodging all the debris....so no workout for me last night :(:(.....
I plan on doing High Reps tonight and the Tabatacise on Friday evening (our power is on today!). Saturday is the less impact version CrossFire; haven't done that one in over a year!

Heartymax, I am coming to grips with the fact that my age (I'll be 52 on the 23rd of this month :eek:!) is starting to be a factor in my physique. I not only put on pounds, but also am contending with added inches that really bum me out (my clothes don't fit!) :confused:. I cannot add much more physical activity to my schedule so I guess I need to really design a better eating plan. I also have been trying to walk more throughout the day and do a round of steps during my breaks. I'm not demotivated in any way though because I know I am doing the best I can right now. When I realize that Cathe and Crew are only a few years younger than I am I get very pumped up and feel that anything is possible! Someday I will discover the perfect balance of cardio/strength/flexibility training along with perfect nutrition for my life-stage and have my "A-HA!!!!" moment :p;)! I'll keep you posted!

Hello. Very quickly before I head to bed. Yesterday was a rest day and today was HC. HC conditioning was much better this week than last. Tomorrow is spinning depending on how I feel in the morning.

BBL for personals.

Nancy---thanks for reminding me that we are doing great things for our body as it ages. We are making things better than they would if we didn't exercise at all. I am so happy to feel strong and in shape even though I am starting to see some minor changes. You are so right---Cathe looks right and so can we. I guess if I ate as clean as Cathe I could have a six pack too:D

Hi Toni! Glad HC is getting better for you. You are strong. This time I am concentrating on my push ups which is helping my core. Any competitions coming up for Jasmine?

I just finished GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps. I did better with concentration curls than I normally do. I think those are tough.

DS15 made the JV baseball team at his high school so he is very excited. They have a double header scrimmage on Saturday. He hasn't played since 8th grade. He was scared to try out in 9th grade because he thought he wouldn't make the team. We try to tell him that it's okay if he didn't make it---but you know how kids are. The he tells his father about a month before try outs that he wants to try out his 10th grade year. So, then all the home training starts with DH doing everything he can to get DS ready and it paid off. I am so glad he made the team because I prefer that he plays a sport in the spring to keep him busy. Teenagers need to be busy. So with baseball and him learning to drive, we are hoping that's enough to keep him focused.

DS11 is also playing travel baseball and will be on recreational team too so we are going to be some very busy people for the next few months. We could be at a game almost every day between the two boys. I really have to stay on top of my cooking because you know how easy it is to go to Chick-fil-a on when things get busy. :eek:

I am so tired of winter. We hot another 8 inches of snow resulting in our 10th day out of school. We were already waiting to see if we are going to lise spring break ..now another closure yesterday.

Today was GS chest and triceps and those dropsets were really hard today.

Heartymax,
I feel for you with the winter weather :(! It starts out kinda of fun and exciting, but when it starts to interfere with life it is no longer a good thing! They call off school down here for the slightest hint of freezing stuff. My friends with kids are angry about it because the kids will be making up the time into mid-June. Very different from when and where I grew up in Michigan. I think I can remember 2 "snow" days in my entire school-going history :rolleyes:! Bad weather was part of life. We started school the day after Labor Day; had NO "spring break" (just the afternoon of Good Friday); winter break was from Dec. 24th to Jan 1st; and school let out mid-June. Our schools were "neighborhood" schools and we walked (no buses). I remember that some of the teachers walked to school too! We were in school about 6-7 hours a day with a 1 hour lunch period and two 20-30 minute "recess" periods outside or in the gym. When did things get so complicated ;)? Anyway, enough of me and my "when I was kid..." stories :rolleyes::p:D!

I have had some great workouts so far this week:
Sun: Athletic Training (been at least a year since I last did that BRUTAL workout!)
Mon: Turbo Barre (been a while for that one too!)
Tuesday was Pyramid Upper Body (LOVE IT!!!!!)
Today may be a rest day or Tabatacise if I get home in time.
Tomorrow I'm going to try the Bonus Total Body workout from the Pyramids for the first time.
Afterburn for Friday....
Pyramid Lower Body on Saturday!

New goal: I want to be able to do The Crow yoga pose. It just looks totally cool! So far I look very ridiculous and cannot get my feet off the ground or hold the handstand AT ALL!!!! I'm going to check out the internet for pointers.

That's it for now....anyone else have a springtime goal? :cool:

Happy Friday!! Three workouts to report this week. Mon was LBB, Wed was HC V4(all stab ball work), and today was Cardio & Weights. I'm telling you that HC with the ball is a very humbling workout!! I do what I can, but do not get all reps or every exercise without mods. But I can feel my core tightening up so that's good. My weight is down to 143 :confused: I'm not really watching my diet and I'm really only working out 3-5 times a week. Oh well...something is working and I'm not going to try to figure it out right now. Oh and I'm not complaining. It just seems weird that when I was trying my hardest I did not see this type of result and now with no effort or even trying I see it.

I am also ready for this winter to be over. As it stands right now we have to go to school three extra days. I think there is some law that is trying to be passed to allow more calamity days. Not sure where that stands right now.

I bought a Kelly Coffey DVD at the going out of business sale for Collage. I like the looks of her UB work. Compound functional moves(my favs). I think I will look into more of her DVDs for UB. I just can't get into split body for UB right now and she has some nice options for 30 minute UB workouts. And there are some good reviews for her here on this forum which helps.

Good work everyone with the workouts!!!

Finished off last week's Pyramid Week with PLB yesterday.
For my birthday today I did Yoga Relax and made a little more progress with "The Crow" pose.:D So far I'm enjoying being 52 years young :p;)!

Happy Belated birthday Nancy!! You are rocking your workouts and should be feeling fabulous.

I sent Tasha a message because she hadn't checked in for a long time nor had I seen any sign of her on the forum. She told me she decided to take a break from the forum for a while. I know Jennifer went to Mexico so maybe she is still taking a forum break. Basically, it's been just the 3 of us for a while now.

Toni--didn't realize Collage was going out of business. I think I have ordered from them once since I get their mailings. Don't you love those nice surprises when you step on the scale. Congrats. Send some of that my way.

I didn't feel well at the end of last week and DH was out of town for a few days. I had to take the kids to their activities in spite of how I felt so it was a tough weekend with no workouts.

Today was Hiit 40/20 and PUB down only premix. Love that premix.

Last edited:
I did the Crow for 2 "Mississippis"!!! :D
I hope I can do it again....and increase the time!!!!
Tonight will be Pyramid Bonus Combo so I'd better try the Crow first ;)!
Tomorrow will be AOLIH and Saturday is the uber long premix of Legs with rear delts. I'm ambitious! :p
I hope the weather forecast holds true: looks like some good hiking weather for Sunday!!!

Today was 45 minutes on thr elliptical. The weather is nice and sunny today. We actually got several hours of snow flurries on Sunday but the temps were above freezing thankfully. Found out today that we have to work 2 days of Spring break. The state waived the other 3 days.

Hi ladies,
Remember me?!
I hope you all are doing well!

I miss the personals and hearing what you all have been up to. As for me checking in, there's not a bunch of change there - especially not my pushups! LOL!

Unfortunately I've had to budget my time differently and I want to let you know why I've been MIA. Since I got back from my trip (which was fantastic, by the way) I've been taking a Dave Ramsey class, Financial Peace University, that's been offered at my church. It's an AMAZING class, by the way. My first choice class was a Marriage class but we ended up taking the Financial class instead and I am SO glad. Between that 2-hour class plus travel time, work and travel time, teaching Pilates, and now I'm spending more time in the kitchen than EVER.... going mostly vegetarian has been quite demanding but worth it and I'm feeling great; doing a lot of research on products and how to make complete proteins and get enough protein without over-saturating my carb intake has been a bit challenging; othe local farmers' markets open I will feel better about buying local meat and chicken. In the meantime I'm making oat milk, almond milk, lots of hummus, fruit/nut bars, quinoa. I'm still consuming dairy and eggs but have been more particular about the labeling to make sure the animals have been treated humanely. I've had to supplement complete proteins with plant-based blend protein powders in addition to my whey isolate. Also, I committed to a Bible reading plan which takes a couple hours a night, and I'm taking a Continuing Education Course called Motivating People to Be Physically Active.

I'm in a FB Cathlete Check-in group if anyone is interested in joining that. Toni, I thought I saw you on there once or twice but maybe I'm mistaken. Heartymax, I see your FB posts so it's nice "catching up" with you that way. It's much easier for me to access FB than get in to the Forum here. Nancy, if you're on FB it would be great to connect with you there as well.

So that's that for me.

Toni,
How are you liking P90X3 - are you still doing that? How is the Pilates DVD? I don't remember what you said about that.
I hope Jasmine's cheerleading is going great; how is her coach?

Nancy,
What's new with you?

Anyone else still checking in?

Take care and I hope to check back soon. Big hugs, my fitness friends:)

Jennifer---I heard the Ramsey financial class is great. I believe that is the one my former colleagues took. One was newly married and he said it really helped them. You definitely sound very busy and engaged in some personal life goals. Didn't realize you were moving in the direction of vegetarian. Sounds like you are on the right track. I understand you about checking in can be a challenge itself. I join fit pal with a friend and I just couldn't do it. Requires too much time logging and I just couldn't do it.

This morning was Meso 1 back and triceps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.