Push It January 2014

Toni--our school system shares buses too. The buses have a run for each level and somehow it works for the staggered school times. The new high school is opening up this fall so some of the school opening times have to be adjusted to accommodate the bus schedule. That means my school will start 10 minutes later. I was complaining about it and DH said it was only 10 minutes. I told him that means 10 minutes later in the day too and that doesn't make me very happy since I am a morning person. :D

Today's workout was Hiit 40/20. I did my push ups first 12,10,7,7,9. After the Hiit workout, I did 50 walking lunges, 50 dips, 100 firewalkers and 50 forward lunges. I think that I was a great add on.

The weather was absolutely beautiful on Saturday. It was nice watching the neighborhood kids enjoy being outside with no snow. The ground is still so wet from all the snow so we definitely needed the sunshine.

More snow in the forecast....AARGHH!!!! Go away PLEASE!!!!

Today was Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps. I find the flatbench triceps to be hard and add the slow reps and they are a killer for me. I did write down my weights last week so I can increase at least for one set if not two this week. That went well over all for each muscle group.

Jennifer--Can't wait to hear about your trip. Good Food....good drinks...:D

Tasha--Hope all is well with you.

Heartymax, MORE SNOW?????????? Say it isn't true! I've been getting into a springtime mode with the beautiful temps we've had! Oh well, it changes so quick down here in the south, don't you think!
Way to go with the Slow & Heavy work! My coworker is really loving them too!
Tonight I'll be starting a Gym Styles Week....winding out my February rotation. I'll have to come up with a good one for March!

Toni, I've been itching to do a rotation with Great Glutes and Lean Legs! Cathe really kicks my butt with all her workouts, but the leg ones are SO EFFECTIVE! I love that we all seem to gravitate towards similar workouts! Very motivating for me!

Hope you both have a great rest of the day!

Nancy---we got snow yesterday but the temps were high enough so it wasn't going to stick. Normally I would see that as a beautiful day with the snowy trees but I am so sick and tired of snow. The temps is supposed to lower today but I think the snow is missing our area because we are headed to school this morning. YEAH!!!

I completed my 5 sets of push ups 10,12,8,8,13 followed by the step and lo hiit portion of Intensity and then 3 minutes of planks.

Sorry I did not get here to check in yesterday :( We were at cheer competition this weekend, so no workout this Sunday. Monday was Great Glutes :eek: That got me really good!! I did not do the floor work, I was too tired. Tuesday was MM UB only premix. I had to really lower my weights on this one, but I did get through it :D Looking forward to building my strength back up. Today was a rest day.

We just had a little bit of additional snow here...thank goodness. I'm so over winter this year.

HeartyMax
I am going to do Slow and Heavy after I do STS M1. If we finish with cheerleading in March, I will do STS M1 starting in April then Slow and Heavy right after that.

Nancy
I love GG!! I know it isn't designed to work the front of the legs, but it does for me. My entire thigh, front to back, is on FIRE!!

Toni--I love STS and I'm actually planning on doing it in a few weeks. I just don't know if I want to commit to the 3.5 rotation. I was thinking of S&H for a few weeks, 2 weeks of Meso 1, all of Meso 2. Not sure yet but that's what's on my mind now.

Today was HC Bootcamp. This workout is so hard. I continue to do what I can. It's definitely more than a core workout. My legs screaming.

Hello Ladies!
I'm doing GS Legs tonight and am really looking forward to it! Makes me look forward to GG and LL&A. I think I'll do those next week with some Burn Sets for upper body and some Tabacise and HIIT intermixed for good measure!
We're in a cooling period now, but I'm hoping for a warming trend for Sunday because I really want to go hike! Do you guys workout outside very much? I really love hiking and enjoy walking around the neighborhood if the weather isn't too brutally hot or cold :rolleyes:...Toni, do you do any outdoor cycling?

Nancy- I love burnsets. Especially bi's and tri's.

Yesterday was a rest day. Today was pushups 11,13,9,9 and 15. I did To the Max and really enjoyed the compound core at the end.

Hello to all you great people

I get into a funk about my 34DD's when I am only 5'1" and around 115. I did not work out for weeks, and I also get into a funk about not having a boyfriend. Anyway, today I did Rock Out Knock Out and what a great hard workout. I am not ready for Lower Body Blast or High Reps for my legs, so I will do the lower body portion of Muscle Max. Now I am going to read many of the posts here.

Hello!! I finished last week with HC and Pedal Power, which put me at 4 days last week :D Saturday is my normal rest day. Today I started the week off with LBB. OMG...I remember this one being a killer, but oh my are my legs feeling it already. In fact my entire body is tired. But the upside is that I did pretty good with the workout. On my way to getting my legs back in their toned shape. I think I'm going to follow that up with 4DS UB premix tomorrow and a rest day.

Nancy
I love hiking, but we don't have many close places to hike. I have to drive 20-30 minutes to get to hiking spots, which I don't normally have time for. I don't bike outside because I feel very clumsy on my bike. Spinning works much better for me because I feel safer on the my stationary spin bike. That being said I love being outside!!

HeartyMax
I'm not good with the 3.5 STS rotation. I really liked M1(even though it was really hard for me), so that is what I'm going to repeat. The trisets for legs in M3 was really hard on my knees and I found that I couldn't do it, but I really liked the UB from M2. Never made it to M3 :mad: I'm going to do slow and heavy instead of M2/M3 this year. I don't like split UB routines as much because I can't fit in as much variety in my workouts when I do them. But at the same time, I feel like I need to do them.

Tasha & Stacie.....hope everything is well with you and your family :D

Quickie post:
Hike was awesome! 3 hours with temps around 70 :D!!! Lots of tough inclines so my heart was a-thumpin'!!!
Hope everyone enjoyed their Sunday!!!!:cool:

Today was Slow and heavy shoulders and legs. I got up early to go to grocery store first since we are expecting 8 to 12 inches of snow tomorrow. I am tired of winter. The sister of my good friend from college is in town for a conference so DH and I meet her for dinner. I didn't have wine but I enjoyed a bread pudding dessert.

School is already announced closing for Monday.

Toni---Meso 3 is hard on my knees too..I felt that my legs looked pretty good but my knees didn't like it.

Good Morning! The snow is coming down. Just finished Imax 2 and abs from Butts and Gutts. Getting ready for my favorite breakfast---whole wheat mini's with peanut butter and banana. :D

Toni--I forgot to say that I used to didn't like the split upper body workouts but they are actually my favorites now. I have to force myself to do just upper body or a total body workout just to give myself a change. However, it does make it tough to get it as much cardio as I want.

Tasha---you haven't checked in a while. Give us an update on those deadlifts.:D

Nancy---Glad you had some great temps for your hike. Send some warm weather my way.

Cindy---Sorry you have been in the dumps lately. The winter time can do that to you, but hang in there. I am glad you were able to get in a workout so hopefully that will make you feel better too.

Today is another snow day. I spent yesterday afternoon cleaning out my closet and preparing a bag of donations. I plan to continue laundry and hopefully organize one of the boys drawers and stuff today. I figured I better make good use of this time since I don't know if we will lose several days of our spring break since we have been out of school so much.

I finished the two weeks of Slow and Heavy and I am moving on to Gym Styles doing Back, Shoulders and Biceps today. I also did 5 sets of pushups 13,12,11,10,16. Set 4 was the hardest. I added some extra rest and made it through the 5th set. My biceps are on fire.....I am thinking I will do GS for two weeks and then PUB. I have to see how it goes.

Last edited:
Hello everyone :D Monday was 4DS UB premix followed by a rest day on Tuesday. Today was HC 101 from October. This one uses the stability ball...OMG!! It was tough. I have to use my core so much more with this one.

I just want to say I'm officially done with winter :mad: At least it's going to be in the 30s this week, which will feel like a heatwave compared to last week.

Hope everyone is doing well with workouts and family life :cool: I need to get back to work!!

Happy Hump Day Ladies!
Monday I started the week off with Flextrain, followed by Lean Legs & Abs yesterday. I like that I don't feel wiped out after that one...not that it isn't a toughie...IT IS :eek:!!! There were several reps that got dropped in the bonus barre section and the floor band work (OWIE!!!) :p. Today I have very mild DOMS in my hip flexors so I'm glad that tonight I'll be doing Burn Sets Chest, Back, and Shoulders ;). I'll finish the week out with Supercuts tomorrow, Great Glutes on Friday, and Burn Sets Bis+Tris + Core#1 on Saturday. I think this was a good week rotation. Next week I think I'll have Tabatacise and HIIT workouts dominate the action and sprinkle in 2 days of High Reps.
How are you ladies with stretch/yoga work? I used to do Yoga Relax every Sunday and somehow got out of the habit :(. I need to work on that!

Heartymax, very impressive with those push-ups! Do you do these on the same days as Cathe chest work? I found it very tough to schedule the Challenge around Cathe's stuff. Do you ever get shoulder strain? Or wrist strain? Also, I like the GS into Pyramids plan!

Toni, I hear you about winter :rolleyes:! I keep seeing tons of robins around here, but it just keeps getting colder and snowier!!! I have a feeling we are going to be in for brutally hot summer :cool:!

Caitlin, whenever one of my co-workers gets into a funk she buys really bright colorful shoe laces for her workout shoes. She swears it cheers her up!

Just lost the message that I type so I now I have to make it quick.

Nancy - I have learned to incorporate a good stretch to minimize the shoulder/wrist strain. If pushups happen to be on a chest day, I will lighten the weights and/or skip some reps or sets. Tomorrow may be GS and those drop sets will count as my pushups with rest breaks needed.

Toni--you and a whole lot of folks are tired of ole man winter. I find stability ball core work to be tough.

Today I did the step combos and power circuits from Body Max 2.

Today was KPC minus the higher intensity stuff. Man I haven't done that one in a while. It's non-stop :eek: Tomorrow is Pedal Power. I may try to do the entire thing!! I think I'm going to keep this weeks rotation for the next three weeks. I think it's the right challenge for my body to get me back to top notch shape!!

Nancy
I am not good about stretching :mad: Sometimes it's like I can't be bothered. The only problem is that when I don't stretch regularly, I get injured!! I've been forcing myself to do some extra stretching. Esp while I'm building my endurance and strength back up.

HeartyMax
Listening to you talk about Slow & Heavy is making me want to get to it sooner than later!! How long are the UB workouts?

Toni---each SH is 60-65 minutes.

Today was GS chest and triceps. I completed the drop set pushups taking a 60 second rest between the 16,14,12 and less rest between 10,8,6, and both my 4, 2 were at 2 count pattern instead of a 4 count for the last one.

Nancy---today's workout is a prime example of chest after pushups because 2 count chest presses for 12 reps after 72 drop pushups is a killer. I had to do 8 to 10 reps on some and lighten my weight on some. This is tough for me.

Woke up this morning to an ice encrusted world. A large tree limb fell on my car but I don't think there is any major damage (lucky! :rolleyes:). Going in to work late today...
Last night's Supercuts was so much fun! I do the push-up/sit-up segment at the end on my knees, and it still kills me!!!! Tonight I'll be doing Great Glutes...I've only done it once before when it first was shipped so I'll be previewing it at lunch today just to get myself psyched/prepared. I am planning on a long foam rolling session afterward...
Tomorrow is supposed to go up into the 60s, so I'm definitely going to go for a long walk in the morning and follow it up with BS B&T and more foam rolling and stretching. who knows, maybe this Sunday I'll actually commit to doing Yoga Relax???!:p;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.