Ps Series Tapes

ImFiddY

Cathlete
I want to thank Cathe for producing the PS series tapes. I have been training with a personal trainer for six months now. I stopped doing bi's/chest/shoulders/tri's/back and started doing them at home with the tapes (I only train legs with the trainer). After three months of doing these body parts at home I spent one training session doing upper body. My trainer was impressed that I had kept up by body strength and had improved on my own.

I have to say it is because your tapes are very good weight training instruction. I am now stopping training legs with the trainer and will do them at home with the PS legs tape.

The trainer helped me learn correct form and the tapes reinforce the proper form.

So thanks again!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn!

Thats so great. I'm so happy to hear that the PS tapes have proved to be an overall success for you. Keep up the hard work
happy.gif
!

A little reminder when working legs: Please remember that you will always be able to go much heavier for legs with the assistance of a spotter(since they can safely place a heavy weight on your shoulders and then remove it between sets of squats and lunges). If you do not have the assistance of a spotter at home when doing the legs tape, please do not sacrifice your form and safety in the attempt to lift a very heavy weight from the floor to the top of your shoulders. Instead, you can follow all of us in the tape by lifting just a little lighter weight and squatting for longer sets with varied techniques designed to fatigue you.

HAVE FUN!!!!

Squats

Dear Cathe,
I have been told that I should work toward lifting the equivalent of my own body weight while doing squats. As you've mentioned, this can only be done at a gym with a spotter or special equipment for safety. Do you think the same results can be achieved with a 35 lb. barbell using your PS leg tape? Does the endurance required to do your sets produce as good a result as lifting the very heavy weight? Thanks very much. I love your tapes.
Freda

Just a suggestion

You can probably safely get 55 or 60 pounds on your back at home. Just my opinion.

Hi Freda!

Well, first let me point out that squatting with a spotter with a goal being to squat your own body weight would be quite different from doing PS legs in the sense that one involves doing maybe three sets of squats of 1 to 6 reps while the other one involves doing a 30 plus minute workout of continuous squats with low weight and hi repetition. This short burst of heavy, heavy weight training would be more like power lifting(lifting for absolute maximum strength). While the PS leg tape will strengthen your legs, the workout focuses on training with heavier weight(but not your absolute maximum) to achieve muscular strength and endurance.

I personally don't think its necessary for your goal to be to squat your own body weight unless you are specifically wanting/needing to get super strong for an event or special reason. But thats just my opinion.

From personal experience and from feedback over the years from others, you will achieve wonderful definition and strength in your legs from doing leg workouts such as PS legs, MIS, and now, Lean Legs with a barbell (or even dumbells for that matter)with a weight range that is nowhere near 100 plus pounds.

This is not to discourage you from achieving a goal of squatting your own body weight but rather point out to you that you can get strong and defined legs from doing leg workouts that involve squatting much less.

But basically it all comes down to what your goals are and training accordingly to reach them.

I'm not exactly sure if I fully answered your question so please feel free to post back if I missed something.

squats

Dear Cathe,
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question. My only reason for thinking of using the heavier weight at a gym was because of a suggestion by an exercise physiologist I happen to know. My goal is really to have strong legs with good definition, but also to build bone, since I have low bone density. I much prefer working out at home with your videos to going to a gym, so I appreciate your advice.

My question focuses on whether the same kind of results can be achieved in muscle strength and bone development by using lighter weights with many more repetitions, as in the videos. I assume that the answer is yes. Even if it's not, however, I think the home workout is something I can stick with, so it's bound to be better for me. Thanks again.
Freda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.