PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION: OCTOBER

Ugggggh Pinto is all over the boundaries today as well! She's about to drive me nuts.

I did the Step Only premix of Step, Jump and Pump. May I say I have found a new favorite short cardio! That was so much fun!

Then I set out to take the monsters for a walk. Pinto was losing her mind before we ever even headed out the door. I realize now I should have made her calm down completely before we headed out cuz she was nutso to the max the whole walk. We only went about 20 minutes, between the bad behavior and the freezing temps (it was 85 here yesterday, no wonder I've been sick!) I thought we needed to get back home.

Peng, I got the color inspiration from some of my Fiestaware that was stacked together one day, thought it looked like fun colors for twin boys. I'm going to just do yarn ties to "quilt" the quilts, I think I'm going to hit the showers, run to the Hobby Lobby to get some yarn, and get back home just in time to whip up some lentil soup. That and a big salad, with some of the smoked salmon leftover from last night, hubby should be happy!

I woke up chilly {its 48* and raining outside}, with a headache, and its TOM. April fought me with each pill; and that was the first 30min! I hope the rest of the day goes smoother. I think this is a sinus headache rather than a migraine and I already feel better just from getting up {that happens sometimes}. I don't have much planned for today, so I'll see how I feel later, maybe some light cardio or CS to get the blood flowing later, April's Spa Day and a lot of knitting. I started ran out of yarn before my shwal was big enough so I'll go buy more this evening.

Mom in sweater Ravelry: patchworkpenguin's Ice Green

Andrea, funny where we get our inpiration. I have a huge collection of paint chips, I would play with those or the pre-printed color scheme cards for inspiration.

ooh boy I can't believe I'm feeling like crap again! I'm never getting another flu shot. It's been nothing but feeling like poop on and off since i got that stupid thing!

no workout today, no dog walk, just cleaning the house. ugh.

Pretty sweater Peng! i wish i was better at crocheting (i know that's knitting...) i can crochet rectangular blankets but that's about it :)

Pretty sweater, Peng! So talented!! I cant even sew on a button!

Andrea, get better soon! I got my flu shot a few weeks ago and not a problem, not even a sore arm. I've had the flu before and I never want to feel THAT bad again!!

Still plugging away with diet, tonight was guilt-free pizza night.

Yesterday was a planned rest day. This morning I did about 30 min on the stationary bike and abs before work.

Tomorrow is GS Ba/Sh/Bi's and a short cardio, maybe Cathe's HiiT. We're having a football party tomorrow, wish me luck on the clean eating, I'm going to need it!!!

one good thing...my eating has been spectacular, bad food sounds horrible to me right now! i was all ready to make frozen pizza last night since it's easy, instead had a half turkey sandwich and some lentil soup ;-)

Good news and bad news....I ate too much yesterday at the football bash, but if I werent "dieting" I would have eaten alot more! I did Cathe's HiiT 30/30 yesterday followed by GS Ba/Sh/Bi.

Today is GS Legs. This is my 3rd week of GS and each week I have increased the weights on at least one exercise, definitely feel myself getting stronger. I'd like to keep with GS's for a total of 8 weeks, we'll see how it goes. If I find myself dreading the workouts I'm going to switch to STS Meso 2.

I'm hoping to break even with weigh in tomorrow, a loss would be better, but the diet wasnt as great last week and I felt my self control wasnt at its best. I'm feeling better mentally this week and ready to face another week with some kick a** clean eating ;)

I cleaned house yesterday and worked on a shawl, then made pizza for dinner. When I type it out it doesn't sound like much.

Andrea, I hope you feel better soon. I either eat way too much or nothing when Im sick. You should try some more projects with your crochet. A shawl is very like a blanket. There are some easy and fun patterns out there.

Stacy, Great job on the GS and on increasing your weights! I find it diffucult to stick with one thing so I don't see my strength gains, if there are any.

Stacy, love the attitude! I have three gym styles set...you're making me want to do it....

Peng, I am feeling better today. almost feel like i've kicked it. hope so! going to hold off on any workouts or dog walks until Tuesday just to be sure. I work tomorrow so that will be hard enough on me :)

Andrea, I believe your Cats are #3 now (???) My Buckeyes keep winning but are not bowl eligible so think they're just messing with rankings which is fine by me, lol. You should join me and do the Gym Styles!!

Peng, you should join me too ;) I normally have workout ADHD and dont stick with anything for too long, but I've been trying hard to commit myself at least to a consistent strength training plan so I can see my strength gains. I've been skipping the band exercises in the upper body strength workouts but I dont want them to prefatigue my muscles. I think it's easier to gauge my strength increases easier that way, and I dont feel as if the workouts are any less effective without them.

I have my meals planned for tomorrow, good clean foods all day, wish me luck! I'm going to try to keep a positive outlook despite what I feel is going to be a less than stellar weigh-in tomorrow morning, but gotta face the music and then do something about it!

Right now I am regretting the decision to alternate lentil soup with frozen pizza for two straight days if you know what i mean lol!

how much longer are you doing the gym styles? i could use a strength boost and a kick start to get me back on track. did you just make up the order that you rotate through them?

Right now I'm working out 5 days a week, 3 of which are the Gym Styles. I'm doing 2 cardio days and doing abs on those days. I've also been trying to do abs on the day I do GS Legs, but I'm at least doing abs twice a week. If work permits and I'm not sleep deprived, I'm throwing in a 3rd short cardio on my Ba/Sh/Bi day, ie. I did HiiT 30/30 this week.

My order is...

GS Chest/Tri's
Cardio and abs
GS Ba/Sh/Bi (and sometimes a short cardio)
Cardio and abs
GS Legs (and sometimes abs)

I dont do these on any particular day, but I try to keep the order loosely the same each week. My work schedule changes a bit each week so I let that dictate which day is best for what workout and when my rest days are. For example usually on Thursday I'm on my feet for a long time so I might make that my rest day, or I'll do a GS upper body that day. My cardio days are whatever I feel in the mood to do. So far this schedule is working, and I'm liking the little bit of flexibility it gives. I dont like feeling like I HAVE to do a certain workout on a particular day b/c my life doesnt work out that nicely! Plus I keep reminding myself that eating clean is a bigger part of the puzzle so I'm trying to concentrate more on that than beating myself up if my workout "plan" doesnt go as planned.

Morning!

Hubby re-arranged his office yesterday and switched out his clothes, as well as worked in the garage. He plans to send out resumes and go see some people about jobs, later today, after that we need to send out the baby dress and go to the groc store. Sounds exciting! I never did get my stuff {fabric} out of Hubby's office so I can do that while he's gone.

Stacy, I don't have the GS Legs but I could sub something else I guess. I'm currently in the middle of a rotation if I would just actaully do a workout, that would help!

Andrea, every time the weather changes here my sinus problems re-occur. I'm a little snuffly, Sat I was gasping for breath everytime I tried to clean something, I finally used a nose spray but then had to blow my nose a lot. It finally evened out and I felt better.

This looks like something I can be down with! Never done a Gym Styles workout, but I'm going to give it a shot. I think I'll put the Legs in the middle of the week for now, since I'm working long weekend shifts for five more weeks.

Any problem with say doing an Upper Body workout tomorrow (Tuesday) and the Legs on Wednesday, a cardio Thursday and the other upper on Friday? Think I"ll try that. After being sick I think some weight lifting would be nice.

Yay, thanks for joining the "fun"!

For me I have to have an upper body day or a rest day after legs b/c I usually cant walk, lol. But, that is actually getting better as my legs are getting stronger, but I still like to set it up that way to give my knees a rest as well.

That's what I was thinking. I like to do a little light cardio when my legs are sore, so I'll plan on something light or maybe just a dog walk.

I'm psyched! :)

We took April for a dog walk, Have you guys seen the infommericals for the leashes that you wrap around the dogs belly to keep them from pulling? I tried that with two of April's leashes hooked together and it works! She didn't like it at first but it made 'walk-time" a lot easier!

Hubby had a discouraging day, but did get some ideas for more places to apply.

I thought I posted the baby dress for my cousin Ravelry: patchworkpenguin's Jill's November Baby Girl The second picture is the shrug to go with it {I made baby booties but I didn't take a picture}

I came to post this morning and found the above post still hanging on from last night.

Morning. Laundry and other fun things to do today. I still need to move the fabric from Hubby's office to my sewing room, and since I've been slacking again I really need to exercise. I picked the last rose from my bushes yesterday and there are still a few climatis hanging on dispite the cold and frost of last night.

Prayer shawl I finished last night for another woman in our Bible study who has cancer; she's a Childrens Leader. http://ravel.me/patchworkpenguin/4t1qu

Last edited:
Woke up to snow this morning!! It's now all melted but Hurricane Sandy is being felt here in Ohio, it's super windy! Brrrr.

Peng, again very nice handiwork there! Hope your hubby finds something! My dogs are so bad on ANY leash that I just have given up walking them. They also whine the entire walk, it's just too embarassing. Time for a work Peng ;)

Andrea, glad to hear you are psyched!!

I did the kicking and punching drills from KPC and abs today.

Tomorrow is GS Chest and Triceps.

I was contemplating another leg workout this weekend instead of GS as I did feel some dread last week, but I upped my weight on an exercise and my booty and calves still were a bit sore so I know GS is still effective, and I'd like to keep monitoring my progress with the same workout, decisions, decisions. We'll see how I feel on leg day, I might sub in Legs & Glutes instead.

I found a crock pot recipe for philly beef. It's basically sliced top beef round, sliced peppers, and sliced onions mixed with some beef broth and a package of Italian dressing mix. I'll probably eat mine in a bowl with bread, hubby will make a sandwich with his. I'll let you know how it turns out! The house sure smells good right now though ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.