PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION: OCTOBER

thinking of you and wishing you luck, you will do it! I'll check in for real later, just wanted to let you know i am cheering you on :)

yesterday, Hubby and I were invited to a BBQ down by the river and took April. She made friends with two little girls who were the daughters of our host. Its gotten cool, the high today is 65*, last week it was 90*! I got Hubby to get my winter clothes down from the attic, so I will start to switch those out. I haven't knit much the past month but started a green cardigan this weekend.

Stacy, I'm trying to do the same thing. clean up my eating and being more consistant. I"m not good at being consisitant, I"m not saying I embrace change in everything but at least in eating I do. I gave up cokes, ice tea, fast food, snack food, chips, and overindulgent in sweets several years ago so I feel my eating it healthy, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement or portion control. I've worked on my emotional eating over the past few years, and I thought that was why I couldn't seem to lose weight but apparently not. I've had all the tests and everything is normal, so it must be something else. This past summer I tried to be overall more active, including not letting myself sit for long periods. Now I'm rambling!

Andrea, recovery weeks can really be a good thing. and its always good to listen to your body

Diet was good today :) :)

Got home from work and went right to my workout, did GS Chest, Tri's. Boy, I was amazed at how much strength I have lost. I used to be able to do the chest presses with 20 lb dumbells, now I used 15's for the first set and had to drop to 12's for the second two sets. Strength will come back and I'm excited about seeing the improvements each week. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow!!

Monday night football in half an hour ;)

Thanks for the cheering Andrea.

Peng, everyone is different but have you focused maybe on portion sizes? Or maybe cutting back on grains/starchy carbs such as breads which your body really sees as sugar. I have to keep reminding myself of this as well.

completely exhausted today, no workout as i could not drag myself out of bed until the last minute before work. ooh well...

just wanted to say that hubby and I stopped into our neighborhood pet store to buy dog food today. the lady in line in front of us asked for help carrying out a 15 lb bag of dog food. she was maybe early sixties at the oldest and didn't seem to have any physical issues other than overweight.

i told Rich "that will never be me"! i love carrying my big bags out by myself :)

I did Premix #5 from LIC which was the blasts and step routine, it was harder than it should have been! I followed that with abs.

Dinner today is soup.

Yoga felt amazing this morning!!!! SOOOO what I needed. Every cell in my body was aching last night, wanting to be stretched, moved, and breathed into instead of working all the time in a hospital lab! So that was nice. Also walked the dogs 3 miles this morning.

Today I am cleaning house a little, then spending time working on piecing together a couple of baby quilts for a friend of mine who is having twin boys. Should be fun, I've so been looking forward to working on it!

Stacy, yeah-hoo our teams won! I saw today that KSU is #1 in efficiency in the UPS efficiency rankings. That's got to be good, right? ha ha! Way to go on the eating. i know I am making Cheddar Ale Soup for hubby for his birthday tomorrow, and it's far from healthy, so I think tonight I'll make some Salmon Corn Chowder that IS healthy and we'll just have soup two days in a row. I looooove soup.

Peng- if you haven't ever weighed/measured your portions and used calorie counts, let me tell you you may be AMAZED (and not in a good way!) on how much you are eating, even of the healthy stuff! I was raised on a farm and taught to fill my plate and clean it too. It's been really hard to control portions for me, I always, always eat seconds, so I have learned to make my "firsts" really small so when I go back for seconds it's actually like just one serving. It's tough!

OK, off to clean a little and then cut and sew!

Hubby had to go out of town again this week. I spent the morning doing laundry, baking cookies for tomorrow {Oatmeal Pumpkin spice}, and knitting. Its warming up for the weekend but then it will rain.

Andrea, I did cal counting for a year or so and it drove me nuts and I still didn't lose any weight. I don't like to measue when I cook, I change my recipes constantly so all the counting and refiguring didn't make for a happy Penguin. What's bugging me is I'm eating so much better than when I put the weight on plus I'm exercising, but no change. I've very good at maintaining apparently.

Stacy, I feel like I've tried everything. I"m more of a sweets person than a bread person so although I bake the bread I don't actually eat a lot of it. The 'balance carb and protein' plan I"m trying is beginning to get on my nerves because I feel like I"m eating all the time. so mabye I need more balance or smaller portions. On his trip, Hubby wanted to wear his Navy jacket with all the patches, but found it was too small. So he's coming back from his trip determined to lose weight. Hopefully with us both trying it will be easier.

Today is going to be a rest day and work stunk so I need it!

Diet still pretty good...

B--turkey sausage, almonds
L--yogurt, raw veggies
S--few more almonds

D--no idea yet! It's hubby's night to cook and I did tell him my diet restrictions and he's pretty good at playing by the rules so I'll let you know what he comes up with!

Dinner was taco salad, I went light on the cheese, no sour cream. Overall good eating day, looking back I may have eaten a tad too many almonds and had too much meat on the salad, but everything's heading in the right direction. Not planning a weigh in til next week.

Well, I seem to be taking an exercise rest week. I'm tired and snuffly and I just don't want to do anything that doesn't involve the couch, tv, and knitting.

Sicne Hubby is gone I'm mostly eating leftovers.

I hope everyone is getting their rest!

Tomorrow is another 10+ hr day at work, standing on my feet most of the day as always. I am planning on doing GS Back/Sh/Biceps after work. Hubby wants Chinese food, so I've already given him my order, he's going to order when I'm halfway done working out, hopefully given me an incentive to push thru. I'm planning on egg drop soup, and chicken with broccoli with no sauce and no rice. Sounds like it's non-Chinese, but he gets extra sauce, on all his stuff. It's my way of adjusting.

My workout plans for the rest of the week:

Thurs--GS Ba/Sh/Bi
Fri morning before work--To The Max premix 12 (step, circuits and abs, ~46 minutes)
Sat--working, (rest day)
Sun--also working, but hoping to squeeze in GS Leg, might do the timesaver premix if there is one

Stacy, a Panda Express opened up here in Memphis a few weeks ago. we finally got to try it, I got the teryiaki chicken and grilled veggies with an eggroll. The chicken was really good! I make stirfry at home but its always better someplace else.

Yesterday was Rich's birthday so I wasn't online much to check in.

I did Yoga Bliss Hips...I've been wanting to get this DVD for a year or two as my hips/buttocks muscles get extremely tight, I think it's the stress at work that makes me clench my butt all the time LOL! I had my doubts that this workout would actually be effective for that. Let me tell ya, it is! I didn't realize it until after I was done, got up from my mat and walking around I felt so light, and walking was so...easy! I feel so much less tension in my lower back and butt, it's awesome. Glad I did it. Today I am getting ready to take the dogs for a walk and then do Fat Free Yoga- Lighten up and purify. I love that workout, especially after eating crappy like I have for the past week. I'm enjoying my yoga week but looking forward to getting back on the Cathe train next week. I'm not sure yet what I"m going to do as far as a workout plan, the intermediate rotation actually looks a little challenging with new-to-me workouts every day. I think I'll stick with one to two new-to-me workouts a week and supplement with ones I already know, maybe stick a couple Firm workouts in there and a yoga as well? Hmmm....

Stacy, your food intake looks 1000X better than mine. Rich had me make him Cheddar Ale Soup for his birthday. I will say it had an entire stick of butter, 12 ounces of cheese, and a bottle of beer in it...not exactly health food but it was tasty! Kind of a one time a year sort of indulgence.

Peng, hope you are enjoying your rest week, hope you sniffles are going away! Are you planning your next week yet?

OK...off to walk the dogs, even though they did destroy a roll of toilet paper while I was out earlier :(

Workout done as planned. There was alot of junk food at work today and I resisted it all! :)

Dinner was as planned as well, Chinese takeout.

Andrea, glad the yoga is helping. My favorite yoga dvd is Power Yoga by Jeanette Jenkins. I always have good intentions to do more yoga but I never seem to get it accomplished. Your soup sounds great!

Peng, how are you feeling today?

It's 6:10am and I already have my workout done! This is a major thing for me, I used to be a morning workout person but havent been for years! Feels good to be done already!

Off to shower and head to work....

Stacy, great job on getting your workout done so early.

Andrea, Chedder Ale Soup sounds like something Hubby would enjoy. I do have next week planned out.

We find out today if Hubby gets to come home today or if They are going to extend his trip. :mad: I have a list of stuff I want to get done today so I better get busy.

after breakfast i felt very sick to my stomach and gradually felt worse all day, headache and sore throat. called in sick for the weekend and taking it easy. i hate feeling sick like this! almost wondering if it's the toxins coming out from all that yoga?

Glad you get your hubby back for the weekend Peng!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.