Program

Nadia

Hi everyone,
Sorry if this is not the correct forum to ask this question, but I am not sure where to ask my question! I used to working out on a basis of a 6 weeks program (then one week rest and start another 6 week program). I usually workout 4 times a week (an hour each day) and rotate one leg workout, one arms workout and 2 cardio workouts. The use the same exercises over 6 weeks but rotate them during different days of the week to shock my body. My question is; should I do 6 weeks of the same workout out program or 4 weeks is better? should I keep the same workout or completely change them every week? I would like to increase my overall fitness and thinking about working out probably 5 to 6 times a week.

If this isn't the correct forum, please let me know!
Thank you!

Hi Nadia,
A six week program is ideal with one week rest after. I usually do 8 weeks and then take a complete week off. I workout 6 days a week, though, with usually 4 days doing weight training and 2 days doing cardio.

I do think you need to change the exercises at least every 2 weeks. Your body will get use to the same routine and unless you are increasing your weights with each workout, the body will adapt and you will not recieve many gains.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.