Pre-Order Cathe's New Ice Series?

What did you buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This will be the first series (not counting STS) that I haven't pre ordered since Body Max 2 bundle (that was my first pre order w.Cathe). With Cathe live, on demand, and now the workout blender, I'm not using as many of the dvds anymore.

I will buy anything Cathe! I do love the Cathe live! ICE should be perfect for me. As I am getting older and have arthritis in my knees I have had to modify alot of Cathe's cardio lately. I did not even attempt the high impact HIIT from the last series, I would have been off to see my surgeon for sure if I could walk. I am getting the down loads so I can put on my ipod for when I travel.
Jen

I will get the DVDs because I love premixes! I figure the advanced Blizzard Blasts will be spread within the main workout so we can use the workout as metabolic weight training only or as higher impact circuit training (as in RWH Circuit Upper Body DVD)
The Workout Blender software never works on my computer so I will not buy downloads until its glitches are completely fixed. I wasn't able to do premises with the downloads I purchased.
May be the online Blender works better but I'm not interested in subscribing to On Demand yet so I can't use it.
So DVDs is my choice - the error free , classic choice ;)

Last edited:
I bought the DVDs. Although I subscribe to the OnDemand, I don't have a nice big screen on our laptop or an up-to-date TV in my workout area. I do the Cathe live from the laptop , but I still love having the physical DVD to play.

I got DVDs and downloads. I prefer DVDs (no technical glitches!), but adding the downloads isn't much more money, and I like to have them for traveling or as a backup. Once in a while I have a DVD fail, and I like to have them backed up. Plus it's fun to be among the first to do the new workouts when they first come out. :)

Hmmm, I almost always try not to consume plastics etc. for basic trash/ecological reasons, so I would normally go with downloads.
I'd like to know if there are savings to pre ordering digital & it seems like there may be problems with premixes? I thought the digitals were supposed to be exactly like the DVDs. Are they not?
I have three digitals from Cathe and they appear to work alright although I do not think the ones I have are suppose to include premixes or bonus segments. I was thinking of getting another one this weekend. If they aren't reliable to work, however, maybe not.

Hi Elsie,

Downloads do not include premixes. A premix is not recorded video. It is only a computer script that tells a DVD laser what to play next. Only DVDs come with Premixes.

Hi Elsie,

Downloads do not include premixes. A premix is not recorded video. It is only a computer script that tells a DVD laser what to play next. Only DVDs come with Premixes.

Oh, thanks for letting me know.
I recently purchased the Supersets (strength) download hoping it would have the premixes. Now I know. : )

I never used the Workout Blender:( How easy is it to create your own premixes? From my understanding, the new Workout Blender is only availably to those OnDemand ? Did anyone ever used the old WB? And how easy is it to make your own premixes?

Thanks in advance!

I love the new Workout Blender. That's why I'm not going to bother with ordering the dvds. Even though they don't have the premixes in the system yet, you can recreate Cathe's premixes or just make one of your own. For me, the live and On Demand are well worth the $20 a month. I rarely use dvds anymore.

I love the new Workout Blender. That's why I'm not going to bother with ordering the dvds. Even though they don't have the premixes in the system yet, you can recreate Cathe's premixes or just make one of your own. For me, the live and On Demand are well worth the $20 a month. I rarely use dvds anymore.
This is good to know.
Hey, can I ask you if you know if the Live subscription works on the XBox? I've asked this of admin on the actual Live page questions as well as in a private convo over the past 3 weeks and have not received an answer. (I realize they are busy).
In Canada I do not have access to this Roku system.
If I can access the Live here and it offers WB, I will be signing up but I do need to know first. lol. 9 bucks a month I can afford for awhile, but 20 not right at this time. Budgets can be tight sometimes. lol.
Thanks.

Bayerngirl - I have used both. I love the desk top version and have been able to create some great workouts using it. I have read some have issues with it but I have been one of the fortunate ones with no isses. The new WB is pretty amazing and very user friendly. I have purchased many of Cathe's downloads over the years but do not have her entire digital collection. This is where the new WB comes in handy. Cathe had mentioned at some point they will relook at the old WB to see if it can be upgraded but made no promises. Guess it is a real dinosaur at this point! She was really ahead of the times when this first came out.

I never used the Workout Blender:( How easy is it to create your own premixes? From my understanding, the new Workout Blender is only availably to those OnDemand ? Did anyone ever used the old WB? And how easy is it to make your own premixes?

Thanks in advance!

I am having so much fun with this workout blender. Have not had any problems, and created some great workouts. (if I do say so myself);)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.