Prayer Request for My Dad

RE: Prayer Request for My Dad-Update

Hi Jennifer, I will pray for your dad also. My dad, at 63, just had his second bypass surgery at the Heart Center. I know what you are going thru. It is very hard to see our parents hurting....Lori

More thoughts and prayers for your dad and family ... my dad was 73 when he was first dx with cancer ... I know some of what you are going through .... best wishes ... Deb

jen,

wow! maybe it is the power of prayer? God works wonders and had me write you for a reason. i am so happy to help you.

i am in nyc. i currently work full time in the school system and work after in home care. when i lived in florida, i worked in the school system, hospitals and the nursing home setting. it still amazes me that families are not told what their options are. i am even more surprised that he is getting pt and ot and no one suggested it. hmmm.
i hate to be critical of situations i am not involved in, but i have seen and heard too much. it is a constant battle trying to get our children the services they deserve. it all boils down to the mighty $$$$$$$$$$$

please keep us posted, as i am sure all of us are still keeping your dad in our prayers,

suri

Jennifer, so glad to hear he is eating. Continued thoughts & prayers coming his way. Keep us posted! (HUGS 2 U also!)

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Prayer Request for My Dad-Update for 01.04.07Thursday

Hello Friends of the Forum.

The latest and greatest on my Dad. Round 5 of chemo is scheduled for Friday AM and then they (Mayo) wants to talk chem 6 and transplant. In the meantime, my Dad has the green light to eat like there's no tomarrow.
A retired Pastor and wife, friends of my parents, celebrated Communion with my Mom and Dad as well.
My brother, Jeff, will be out there to visit this weekend, and he may fly for me in 2 weeks as well.

Thank you for your prayers. It means alot to my family.

Love.

I just saw your request and am adding my prayers. Thanks for the update and continue to post.

Your mom sounds awesome! I am so happy to hear about your dad, and I will include you in my thoughts and prayers.

Missy

RE: Prayer Request for My Dad-Updated Sunday AM, 01.07.07

Just a quick update. My Dad's 5th round of chemo went extremely well. He is walking more and getting up and around more on his own thanks to the PT/OT staff at Mayo. They are scheduling his 6th and final round of chemo plus his self to self transplant (cleaning of the white blood cells) supposed to be in the next 3 weeks. The ONLY issue is now is putting on weight. The hospital and Assisted Living Unit will have him eat large portions of clean food every 4 hours with few sweets so he won't get ill plus get his vitamins and minerals.
A Speech Pathologist/Therapist is now in charge of my Dad and his diet with the dieticians. My Dad is a Vegatarian so this will be interesting.

Thank you for your prayers and support.

RE: Prayer Request for My Dad-Updated Sunday AM, 01.07....

That's great news, Jennifer! It's so nice to hear stories of cancer survivors! YEAY! I'm thrilled for you, your dad and your entire family! :)

RE: Prayer Request for My Dad-Updated Sunday AM, 01.07....

This is great news. Your Dad and family will continue to be in my prayers.

Take Care and God Bless,
Shirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.