Power Hour question regarding results....

FirmNurse

Cathlete
I just got Power Hour and was wondering what sort of results you get from this?

I have been using the S&H since mid-March and in the past couple of weeks I have been using the Pyramids and PS. Is Power Hour intense enough to add muscle size? Do many of you use this workout? Thanks again for your help.

PH is for endurance and definition, which is exactly what I got.:) It's a low weight, high rep workout and it IS pretty intense.

Pinky

Is this a workout to add into a rotation for its own day? or one that you would add in as a "minor" workout between heavier weight workouts?

With Cathe, there's nothing "minor".}( PH has its own day in my rotations. I even split up the upper and lower body parts -- each have their own day. Don't be fooled by the low weights. Even though I've been doing this one for a long time, this still kicks my butt. I've only been able to increase my weights on this one by 2.5 lbs. at a time.

Pinky

That's a good one! You really got me laughing there at the thought of doing PH on a day with another weight workout!! LOL!!!:7
Don't mean to make fun of your question, and I'm sure you are perfectly serious. Just try it and you'll see why I'm laughing.
-Nancy

After doing a PUB/PLB rotation for a few weeks, I went into a PH and ME rotation for approximately 12 weeks. I did five days of cardio and then two days of weight training alternating ME and PH. I lost some definition during this rotation. What was suggested to me on this forum (although I haven't tried it yet) is to use the endurance rotations for a shorter period...say about three weeks. This will give your body the ability to increase your endurance, but not enough time to lose strength/definition you gain from workouts like S&H, PS and PUB/PLB.

Made lots of sense to me, but, everyone's body reacts differently so you need to experiment.

>That's a good one! You really got me laughing there at the
>thought of doing PH on a day with another weight workout!!
>LOL!!!:7
>Don't mean to make fun of your question, and I'm sure you are
>perfectly serious. Just try it and you'll see why I'm
>laughing.
>-Nancy

Nancy,

What I meant was doing it with another cardio workout. It seems that a lot of people use two workouts per day. I just wondered if this would be one that could work like that. Just a question.

I love doing Power Hour followed by some cardio. Usually something from CTX or a shorter premix from Step Blast.
But if I'm doing a rotation of endurance for definition, I'll incorporate PH, if not, more heavy lifting I do not.
cathemade

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.