Poll: Best rotation?

toomuchjoy

Cathlete
I'm in the market to lose some weight. ;) Anyone want to share their favorite rotation....best bang for my buck?

I've been doing Cathe since Oct but haven't followed a rotation. I'm leaning towards a more recent one that combines XTrain with CF and TTM.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

TmJ

My personal best bet for weight loss seems to be circuits. I don't have an actual rotation to suggest though. Sorry.

I use focus on whole body workouts for leaning out, but I no longer do this. I'm using heavy splits to prevent muscle loss during fat loss. I will throw in a whole body workout to hit the muscles twice a week, if I feel up to it.

Fat loss will happen with nutrition, but unfortunately so does muscle loss. I use nutrition to drop fat, heavy weights to maintain muscle.
I think XTrain is a great choice, but make sure you choose a challenging weight. I pick up a weight that will challenge me to desired rep range, but I do not try to match every rep, e.g. rep range is 16, but I am happy if I finish 14-15 reps and can't squeeze out the 16th rep with good form. If I make it to 16 and feel like I could have done more, my weight choice was too light.

The other thing I would suggest is not to focus on scale weight. Scale loss is not always a good measure.
Why Weight Loss is Not the King of Achievements | Fitocracy Knowledge Center

I'm in the market to lose some weight. ;) Anyone want to share their favorite rotation....best bang for my buck?

I've been doing Cathe since Oct but haven't followed a rotation. I'm leaning towards a more recent one that combines XTrain with CF and TTM.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

TmJ

Have you checked out Cathe's newest April and May "getting ready for summer" rotations? I went from the X-Train 90 day undulating to the April rotation and plan on moving to the May and June rotations when I finish April's. I'm not really losing weight, but I am losing fat! I'm also tracking calories and nutrients on myfitnesspal. It's not fast, but it is happening.

I use focus on whole body workouts for leaning out, but I no longer do this. I'm using heavy splits to prevent muscle loss during fat loss. I will throw in a whole body workout to hit the muscles twice a week, if I feel up to it.

Fat loss will happen with nutrition, but unfortunately so does muscle loss. I use nutrition to drop fat, heavy weights to maintain muscle.
I think XTrain is a great choice, but make sure you choose a challenging weight. I pick up a weight that will challenge me to desired rep range, but I do not try to match every rep, e.g. rep range is 16, but I am happy if I finish 14-15 reps and can't squeeze out the 16th rep with good form. If I make it to 16 and feel like I could have done more, my weight choice was too light.

The other thing I would suggest is not to focus on scale weight. Scale loss is not always a good measure.
Why Weight Loss is Not the King of Achievements | Fitocracy Knowledge Center

I could not agree more with this! Excellent advice here :).

This is what I'm finding works the best for me. Heavy weight training in addition to healthy, clean foods, is transforming my body (and my mind!). There's no turning back :eek:;).

Good luck TMJ :)

I have been doing the shape up for summer for April and got good results. Not sure about weight loss because I too have thrown out the scale and try to focus on the positive things like upping my weights and noticing my tummy is flatter than it has ever been.

Sarah

circuit

Hello Toomuchjoy,

To add to N atasha and Fit44 advises, I would suggest:

*July 2012, this rotation was made at the launch of, then, new circuit workout Cross fire and To the max. I suggest you think twice about this rotation cause it is really an advance one. If you are not used Hiit or feel unfit to reach more than 80% maximum heart rate, please do not attempt it, instead consider it as a routine to strive for. I did this rotation and I have lost weight and body fat.

*Feb 2013 is another one consisting of cross fire/to the max and xtrain.

You can loose weight with any rotation in my opinion. As long as, the rotation is really challenging and take your usual workout routine to upper level, your body will respond positively. This will work if your nutrition is clean or cleaner prior to taking the challenge!

if you are not keen on suggested rotation above, search for cathe's undulating rotation or design one with DVDS you currently own.

Wish you the very best,

Last edited:
I think all these suggestion rotations look great...but I would also say...that the best rotation....is the one you ARE doing!:D

For me, I got the best results when I did my STS rotation with the cardio STS set, though now I am so in love with her LIS and Crossfire/To the Max, I would pair up STS with these workouts. I've done STS 4 times, the last time was the 5 1/2 month rotaiton (which I LOVED by the way - really nice to have 2 weeks instead of 1). And I think it comes down to what other posters said - lifting heavy and being consistent.

And I didn't lose much weight on the scale but I went down in inches a lot - I weighed a full 15 lbs heavier than the previous weight when fitting into the same size 4 pants. Gotta love, Cathe!

I haven't done STS yet, but when I want to lose some fat quickly, I reach for March 2005 rotation 3. If you have the hardcore series DVDs, this is a good one. I have never been so happy to just run in my life! After doing the videos, you feel like the running day is a treat! :)

This is a great thread! I don't often do rotations (and feel like I should) so this great information.
thanks!
Liz

Decided to do the April 2013 rotation...and I'm trying to do it as strict as I can (meaning if I have the disc I have to do the workout and not sub in favorites).

So far so good! I figure in June I will do the May rotation and will function a month behind. ;)

Thanks again!

Decided to do the April 2013 rotation...and I'm trying to do it as strict as I can (meaning if I have the disc I have to do the workout and not sub in favorites).

So far so good! I figure in June I will do the May rotation and will function a month behind. ;)

Thanks again!

I'm doing the May rotation with your same sense of adherence - if I have the disc I do it and give it the best I can. If I don't have the disc or just don't do something anymore (step comes to mind) I try and do something as strenuous to get my HR up comparatively.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.