Plyometrics?

Not a fan although I know its great for us. Is there a lot of Plymetrics in STS? I'm 46 yr. old, like to be fit but don't want to hurt myself in the process...lol Where do you go to view any clips? I saw it at one point but haven't had any luck this morning...the deadline is getting closer...

Chrissy-
Just my thoughts on Plyo - I have no clue how much or what the STS version will be but.....

I'm 45 and started doing Plyo 2 years ago with P90X... I must say I am stronger and more flexible than ever. I still do Plyo 1-2x a week...many moves I modify just based on my bodys natural ability...IE: I can "shoot hoops" and really get up there but doing tuck jumps - I just do fast butt kicks. My knees dont like tuck jump landings at all so I just do something else altogether.

I never thought my body would luv Plyo training but it was a great surprise once I started. Its about the only thing "athletic" about me! :D

Hopefully SNM can give you more specific info but thought I'd share...

I too started Ply 2 years ago with P90X. I am 47 years old and the plyo has made a huge difference in strength and really helped slim my hips down to where they were in my younger, "running 10K " days.
Remember, you can always modify until you feel strong/ fit enough to do that particular move.
Brenda

I also started doing more plyo work using P90X.
The slower, more controlled plyos (vs. those Cathe uses in Imax workouts, for example) aren't problematic for me at all (though like Traci, I also avoid tuck jumps: I just don't have the anatomy to take these well...and I don't feel they're necessary for any particular benefit I need. Going lower on some moves--like substituting a jump squat low in the squat portion--works better for me).

One thing to keep in mind: find your own pace. Tony (the P90X instructor) really encourages us to "do (our) best...and forget the rest," and part of that is going a speed that works for you. I find that some moves are much more friendly when done a bit slower (it especially reduces any potential torque in the knees from moves where there are turns).

plyo

Chrissy, some people use a rebounder for plyo. Maybe that may be an option for you.

Deb

Checkout the Workout Manager for a list of exercises

I think STS will be primarily weights, and I might be totally making this up, but I swore I read somewhere there will be an option for a plyo leg workout vs. a leg weight workout, but seriously I could have just made that up.

One way to know for sure, is go into the workout manager, go the the 1RM calculator, and you can see all of the STS exercises listed for each disk.

I think STS will be primarily weights, and I might be totally making this up, but I swore I read somewhere there will be an option for a plyo leg workout vs. a leg weight workout, but seriously I could have just made that up.

No, you didn't make it up.
One option, for those who can't lift heavy at home because of lack of safety equipment and such, is a plyo leg workout in cycle 3 (the heavy, strength-building cycle).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.