Please pray for my baby girl

wonderwoman

Cathlete
One week ago today my baby girl Sam was diagnosed with infantile spasms. We have been in the childrens hospital since. My husband and I have not left her side. She has has eeg's and an MRI which came back normal so we don't know why she is having these spasms. She began her medication on march 2 which is an intramuscular injection called ACTH hopefully this will work for her but there are many side effects so she has to be monitored closely. You never think something like this will happen to you.
Thanks for listening
Lilly

Lilly,
I am so sorry your little one is having to go through this. :( As the mom of three, I cannot imagine how hard it must be for you guys! I'll be praying for your little girl and your family. Hang in there! ((Hugs))

Oh no Lilly!!! I will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated. (((HUGS))) My nephew had constant seizures as a baby. He had to be on a number of different medications. It was pretty scary there for a while. He did grow out of it though and has no problems at all now. Do the doctors think this is something she might grow out of too? My sister's doctor said it was pretty common to have them when little but not later. I don't know much about "infantile spasms" though and if it's similar at all to what he had.

Lilly, (((HUGS))) I will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers! So sorry you have to go through this! Please, keep us posted!

Yes there is a chance that she will out grow these spasms especially because there is no under lying cause for them. It was great news for us when her MRI came back normal with no brain injuires. We are hoping for these best possible with little or no development delays. She just seems so normal to us very alert calling her name she would respond playing with her toys. The only concern I had was that she wasn't smiling or laughing that much other than that she was fine. She began having the spasm beginning of feb I didn't know what it was because it was so mild it didn't even look like a spasm but anyway she is where she needs to be and getting everything she needs.
Thanks for all your kind words and prayers

Lilly - That's a great sign that the MRI came back clean. They never found a reason for Jackson's episodes either (my nephew). It had no adverse affects at all on his development. He's sharp as a tack. ;) ((HUGS))

Prayers and hugs for little Sam...if it makes you feel any better, my sister had seizures when she was a baby and toddler, but she outgrew them. Maybe the same will happen to you. <3

Little ones are so fragile yet amazingly resiliant. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Wonderwoman, your baby is Beautiful! Beautiful Sam!

I'm glad that all her tests are coming back normal.

I have been on that road where suddenly you become Other People.

DS (among many other dx) had seizures, took medicine for years, and did outgrow them.

Brains are mysterious. A good neurologist is worth his or her weight in gold.

Best of luck to you on your journey, you are in my thoughts.

Oh Lilly, Sam and DH! I'm sooo very sorry to hear that. You are all in my prayers and I will continue to lift you up and pray for a shield of protection over all of you.

Big healing hugs, Sweetie!

Pam

Lilly, (((HUGS))) I will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers! So sorry you have to go through this! Please, keep us posted!

Lilly, I'm so sorry about this. I will be praying for your little one and family,we all are pullin' for her. Sending you heaps of hugs and well wishes of healing. ((((HUGS))))

Nora

Awwww...she's absolutely precious! Prayers for her dr.'s to do what is best for her but esp. prayers for sweet Sam.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.