PLB - Whew!!!

PennStater

Cathlete
I've had PUB/PLB for 2 years, and I've never done PLB. I'm doing Cathe's Aug '03 rotation this month. Did PLB today.

Wow. I never realized how difficult a stability ball workout could be!! That, coupled with the walking lunges Cathe tacked on to the day's workout, has my hamstrings and inner thighs screaming!

I did realize I need to invest in more weights. I have a barbell that holds a maximum of 30 pounds (but I only have enough plates to make it 20), and dumbbells up to 10 pounds. Not enough to really pyramid "up!"

I really liked this one. The time passed quickly, which is always a plus for me ;)

Wait until tomorrow - good luck with walking!!
I recommend you get more dumbbells for that workout. Putting all that extra weight on your back gets really difficult after a while (although it ultimately becomes an awesome shoulder workout). I find dumbbells held at my sides are much more comfortable overall - and you can make the changes more quickly and smoothly.

Yep, tomorrow is when you will really feel it. This is by far the only lower body workout that makes me sore for at least 3 days afterwards and I have done all the others like B&G, L&G, GS legs, 4ds legs, you name it. It's great!

Annette

Hi Allison! PLB LB is GREAT! I can't believe you have never tried it! How's the legs today? I bet they are TALKING to you! I think you need to keep an eye open for sales on BB's & DB's! (Especially if you decide to order STS!) I know I owe you a phone call....soon, I promise!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Allison -

I did PLB yesterday, too, for the first time in a long time and I'm really feeling it today in my hams and glutes, which is GREAT! I hope you're feeling it, too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.