Pets

2 black kitties 7 months old:

Rocky & Apollo

They are brothers; my DH brought them home to us the day we found out that our dear 'Bella Gato' (our first kitty) was hit by a car. It was instant love!

Kathryn: I hope somebody adopts that kitty you mentioned in your first reply.

Jes: I love the name Bella!!!

Judy
AKA "Likes2bfit"
sport-smiley-009.gif
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif

http://groups.msn.com/CatheAddicts/jafitmamalikes2bfitfamily.msnw?Page=1

We have two parrots, a Blue and Gold and a Scarlett.

We also have two dogs, both are German Shepherd/Chow mixes. Hillary is my 11 year old and Sophie is 3. Both are rescued/adopted and we love them dearly.

Hey! We live on a "hobby farm". So, we have 2 black pugs ( Sophie and Sadie), and a piebald miniature dachsie (Leeloo), then we also have two cats ( Bergie and D'ohgee), 2 Llammas (Maribell and Suzy), 2 Nubian goats that are kidding in May (Cookie and Nutmeg), about 19 ducks and about 30 chickens! :>)

>Kathryn: I hope somebody adopts that kitty you mentioned in
>your first reply.
>

Judy,
I refuse to let him be killed just because he's an extra shy boy, so if no one else adopts him within the time he has left, he's coming here (5 cats is a first for me! I think I'm becoming a cat lady--though I always though that "officially" started at 7;-) )

We have two parakeets, Shelby and Dory. Two very fluffy cats, Charlie and Molly. AND a Wheaten Terrier named Chole. She is the baby of the family. I'd have more pets but I've been threatened with divorce if one more pet enters the house. SOOOO, anytime we have a school vacation or summer break, we always take a school pet to care for. If I had my way, I'd live on a small farm with a few chickens and ducks. Oh, and a pony and a goat and a...................

I also have an obsession with the SPCA which is about a mile from my house. I stop in all the time, sometime alone, sometimes with my kids. Ahhhhh, I should have gone to vet school I guess.

Tina

We have 2 dogs: Sage-Aust. cattle dog/sheltie cross
Emmy-Aust. shepherd/setter cross

3 cats: Laramie, Floyd and Haner
3 horses: Stick, Snort (Snaz) and Iceman

Yay! candi and fembot have birds! I love my birds.

"I'd have more pets but I've been threatened with divorce if one more pet enters the house."

Me too. I figure I'm doing really good top have as many as I have. I've had to slowly work them in over the years. There is a great book called "Enslaved By Ducks" by Bob Tartt (I think it's Bob). It's about a wife who drives her husband nuts because she's always bringing home more pets. It's funny, I recommend it if you are an animal lover.

Is there anyone else out there that no one ever replies to a single post you make? I swear, it always happens, that if somone is going to reply... it is to anyone/everyone but me. I know that sounds like a pouty whiney little kid but it gets so discouraging sometimes. Am I the only one that feels that way? x(

Ducky,

Yes, I mean YOU! Just replying to your post. Do not want you to feel rejected anymore.

I have to stop myself from picking up every stray dog I see on the road. I think when I retire I will be more tempted and may even do it!:)

Glad to see there are other bird lovers here. I have a blue headed pionus parrot named Kirbee.

We had a 13 yr old Sheltie named Bailey who we had to put down in January because she developed cancer. I miss her terribly and swore I wouldn't get another dog because having to put her down was just too painful. Of course, I've already started looking but my DH wants a German Shepherd (our very first breed of dog) but I want something small so we need to find a happy medium.

JJ

I sure am! I have six children ages 3.5 years all the way to 14 years old ( I can't believe my baby is 14! :>) )! I see there are a few Cathe-ites with large families out there, that is great to see! There aren't many of us out there anymore it seems! Anyway, it is nice to see others working on getting those bodies back in shape after birthing so many! It really helps motivate me and helps me feel not so alone. :>)

I have an eight year old shepard/chow - Montana (she's a girl). Love her to pieces. Love the nicknames. My names for her are:

Love Bug
Stinky
Kookers
Do-Da Girl
MontanaMontanaDana (think RosanaRosanaDana)
:)

Mar

Hi Ducky!

A BIG helloooo from Ohio! :7
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I have a beautiful little (and she is small)2 yr old Boxer Girl named Gimli. I also have a fat old cat named Muggsie..who hates Gimli, who can't understand why ANYONE would hate her. I also have my son's 1 year old yellow lab mix Maverick for the next year while he is serving in Iraq. Geesh...the kids move out and I feel like I still have kids at home with the pets! But they are a joy, keep me company and give me a laugh at least once a day.

Sharron

I actually had to get rid of my dog (who was my baby before my baby) because she growled at my daughter when she was around 11 months old. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but I couldn't risk anything happening to my daughter. The dog was a Rottweiler. I miss her. :-(

Katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.