Perfect30 Perfect HIIT Low Impact

CarolRose

Cathlete
So we had a transformer blow about two hours ago, and the power went out JUST as I was walking into my workout room to do this one!!! It happens a lot here. We live in a wooded area and the poor squirrels aren't too smart about staying clear of the coils at the top of the power poles. Yeah. They get fried, poor things. :(

So I was left with waiting to do the workout later, or finding another way. Well, I don't like to wait. LOL! I'm at my prime workout time an hour to an hour and a half after breakfast, and this being a Sunday, we slept in a bit, so I was ready. My laptop is more than five years old and the battery isn't optimal. Poor thing is slowing down, the but DVD player in it works fine. I have a portable DVD player but I never keep the battery pack charged because well, I just don't need to. So...I put this workout into the laptop with it about half powered down already, and figured the battery would probably last for a 30 minute workout. It did. :)

Sorry I don't have a step by step review this time. I didn't want to keep pausing the workout to write things down because I didn't want to take a chance on wearing down the laptop battery to where it shut off. I can tell you there are a lot of moves you'll be familiar with if you've done Cathe's HIIT workouts before, and some I haven't yet seen. It's not no impact but it is low impact. There are tiny hops - not jumps - and plenty of lateral moves where you get a bit of air under you. You use the upper body just as much as the lower, IMHO, but it is more leg than arm intensive. And, you really never stop moving. There are recovery moments but you're still moving your legs. I love that Cathe and crew are so obviously working hard, too. That makes me feel like I'm right there with them. :)

I made it through the workout with only a few modifications for my level, and I liked it! I'll admit I'm not an HIIT fan, but this was FUN. It was just challenging enough that I felt like I wanted to push myself, but not so challenging that I was modifying everything and becoming frustrated. I will do it again for sure. :)

I really enjoyed this one. I did the premix with add-ons of the pyramid hiit on the step and the extended stretch for a 47 min. workout. The pyramid hiits on the step were easy to modify (I used only one set of risers and did a couple on the floor instead of the step) and the extended stretch was really needed I think because my leg muscles felt very tight after all the hiits.

I did the Low Impact Hiit! When Cathe has Low Impact, I think that is code meaning "no burpees" other then that, it got me sweating! I like this because there different moves then the old ones! There isn't any time segments. Like you won't see a timer of 30 seconds in the background. But, there are little rest. And Cathe does encourage you to sip water during the workout. But, there isn't a caption on what you are going to do next. But, that is on the digital one. But, Cathe does explain what you are going to do.

I really like the 30 Low Impact. I wasn't a big fan of Hiit! But, I really like this one!!!

Jennifer Denny

Just finished Low Impact Hiit. Really liked the moves selected for this workout - I think it is my favourite of her low impact cardio workouts. :) I personally found the two hiit workouts in this new series to be more of an intermediate level, but these will be good on days that I want a quick very doable workout. I won't have any excuse not to do it! ;) And I can always ramp it up on days I want to push it by doing a few extra reps during the rest periods.

I added on the bonus core workout. Cathe kept me motivated with almost all new moves. This workout is not long and is not rushed so is super motivating to tack on to any workout. I will definitely be adding this into my rotations. I tend to dread core work and often skip it, but with this little gem I will be fitting in more core training than ever!

Finished off today by trying out the extended stretch. It hits all the major muscles in the body - a super overall, total body stretch. A couple of stretches I held a little longer than Cathe (at my age my body takes TIME before it starts to release and lengthen ;)). Mostly traditional stretches but the good thing about that is you know what to do and can quickly transition from one move to the next and get right into it. I know I will be coming back to this one frequently!

I did the Low Impact HiiT yesterday and really enjoyed it :) I think this has to be my favorite LIH; the moves and the length really works for me. This was released just in time for me; I opted to take 2wks off from working out and returned yesterday. Needless to say I'm easing my way back to working out and planned to do P30 this entire week.

Just finished Low Impact Hiit. Really liked the moves selected for this workout - I think it is my favourite of her low impact cardio workouts. :) I personally found the two hiit workouts in this new series to be more of an intermediate level, but these will be good on days that I want a quick very doable workout. I won't have any excuse not to do it! ;) And I can always ramp it up on days I want to push it by doing a few extra reps during the rest periods.

I added on the bonus core workout. Cathe kept me motivated with almost all new moves. This workout is not long and is not rushed so is super motivating to tack on to any workout. I will definitely be adding this into my rotations. I tend to dread core work and often skip it, but with this little gem I will be fitting in more core training than ever!

Finished off today by trying out the extended stretch. It hits all the major muscles in the body - a super overall, total body stretch. A couple of stretches I held a little longer than Cathe (at my age my body takes TIME before it starts to release and lengthen ;)). Mostly traditional stretches but the good thing about that is you know what to do and can quickly transition from one move to the next and get right into it. I know I will be coming back to this one frequently!
Tell you the truth, I am afraid of 30 High Impact Hiit! I saw that I was like!!! Burpees!!!! But, "if it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you ;)" right??? That is what Cathe says!!! But, I am glad she has it, that is for the way advance exerciser and for those on that spectrum they don't feel left out!!

Jennifer Denny

I just finished this one and really enjoyed it. My favorite moves were the heisman rock and run and the double pulse insole snap up. The one hardest for me was the rear lunge forward hop squat only because I did it perfect on the right side but my feet did not want to cooperate on the left side, I have no idea why!!! I also noticed on the 2 agility drills that I cannot look at Cathe or crew because that makes my feet mess up more. So I just focused a little in front of me and found that I was able to keep my own beat better.

I did the Low Impact HiiT yesterday and really enjoyed it :) I think this has to be my favorite LIH; the moves and the length really works for me. This was released just in time for me; I opted to take 2wks off from working out and returned yesterday. Needless to say I'm easing my way back to working out and planned to do P30 this entire week.

I did this one yesterday, along with the Pyramid HiiT bonus and extended stretch. I'm amazed how Cathe always manages to come up with some new moves. I really enjoyed the workout, and liked that the Pyramid moves were not done at warp speed but still gave you a great workout. The background is lovely, too, and the colorful outfits really lift my spirits. I feel Cathe really did a fantastic job on this series.

Too cold to go outside for a run, so I did Low Impact Hiit and I loved it. It was my first time doing it and I loved it!! I was really sweating at the end. Next time I will add on Pyramid Bonus. Thanks Cathe

I did this again yesterday along with the Pyramid Bonus - loved it - it was easy to modify to no impact and I got a great workout. Can't wait for this tail bone injury to heal. I'm thankful it is much better.

I did this workout saturday and enjoyed it. I wasn't sure about and and really didn't think I would like the HIIT cardio but the low impact was perfect. I felt my legs a little but that could also be due to the walk/run I did afterwards. good soreness. I will be adding this one in my routine.

I did this without previewing at all and found it exhilirating! (I know I spelled that wrong) I love all the different moves. Sticking with Cathe, you get to know her style but as familiar as some of it may seem she always puts new twists into what appears to be simple moves. I was very satisfied and have feeling this will be my favorite low impact HIIT.
And yes, I love the new high impact HIIT. Do not be intimidated by it. You may have a few stumbles but you can conquer it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.