Perception of business practices

Actually, there was a post by Chris in a thread in June saying that they planned on having the workouts filmed, edited and authored by the tour and we may even have our DVDs by then. Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. If we were given updates instead of having to find information in random threads, then you would have seen this information months ago.

Erica

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264853 Post #7 is the one that Erica is referring to.

I'm just a bit OCD and not a fan of she said/she said's.....

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.....

Actually, there was a post by Chris in a thread in June saying that they planned on having the workouts filmed, edited and authored by the tour and we may even have our DVDs by then. Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. If we were given updates instead of having to find information in random threads, then you would have seen this information months ago.

Erica

I would say that the key word is "planned". You can plan all you want if you work on a project like that things happen and I rather have Cathe do the best product possible than to hit an artificial deadline. Especially one that has not even been set by them.

I run my own company too and I understand how important word of mouth and client satisfaction is, I will bend over backwards to accomodate my reasonable clients but I can't and I won't adhere to how every single one of my clients wants me to run my company - after all it is MY company. I do listen to customers concerns, I encourage that they talk to me about concerns and how I can improve my service and I do address concerns and suggestions but I also realize that I can't make everyone happy and there always will be notorious complainers who will never be happy.

What I don't understand is how Cathe is to censor the "negative" posts on the board. Negativity is perceived differently by everyone, what one person perceives as negative another one doesn't. I agree with fitfairy, it is posts like the original post and whiney entitlement attitude that has creeped into these boards that make me not want to come here much anymore.

Last edited:
I'm not a professional business owner, but I think some people just like to read their own words.

Why are people getting so worked up over this? It's simple - if you don't want to preorder and wait until it's done, then don't do it, or cancel your order and get your money back. Doesn't everybody have bigger issues to deal with in their lives?

Maybe I'm too laid back, but why is this such a big deal? All I need to know is that Cathe is working on her next project, and she's offering a discount to those who preorder. It'll be done when it's done. It's not like she has to baby-step me through the whole process of making the dvd's.

dani

Last edited:
I'm not a professional business owner, but I think some people just like to read their own words.

Why are people getting so worked up over this? It's simple - if you don't want to preorder and wait until it's done, then don't do it, or cancel your order and get your money back. Doesn't everybody have bigger issues to deal with in their lives?

Maybe I'm too laid back, but why is this such a big deal? All I need to know is that Cathe is working on her next project, and she's offering a discount to those who preorder. It'll be done when it's done. It's not like she has to baby-step me through the whole process of making the dvd's.

dani

See, that's what I don't get. I'm not a professional business owner too, but I do a lot of project management. The one thing I've learned--w/my job, & w/my Cathe preorders--is to just double the estimated deadline. That way if it's finished early it's a pleasant surprise, & I never actually have any expectations of when I'll receive it.

I also love the preorder pricing, & the fact that I don't have to pay for them when they're released. That way it feels like I'm getting a free gift when they arrive. ;)

As Dania said, it's simple--preorder & wait, don't preorder & pay full price when they're released. Easy peasy.

I really don't get the problems people have with pre-orders. How much clearer does SNM have to be than - If you don't want to wait, don't pre-order? It may sound harsh, but it's the truth. I'll get my dvds when I get them. If I don't like them I'll resell them, probably at a profit. If I hadn't been able to afford them at the time of the pre-sale I wouldn't have bought them. In the meantime I've got other things to do. And I can get my money back at anytime. How is that any different than having it stashed away in the cookie jar?
Speaking of cookie jar I'm going to go eat a muffin.
Have a great day everyone!

Just another opinion here....

I am okay with waiting for STS Cardio - it's no big deal to me. However, I am also okay with others who want to ask SNM about updates for filming, release date, etc.

Again, my opinion here, but it seems to me that those that most of those that have posted any questions to SNM have said they are okay with waiting but just want an update since everyone thought filming was starting awhile ago. Whether that is just a perception or fact - some people want clarification. So when they ask, let's face it, it happens - so many other forum members chime in with their opinions and lots of times they are somewhat (some more so than others) chastizing the poster for asking a question.

And if there are delays because of Cathe's schedule getting busier - that is okay! She is becoming very popular as she should since her product is always top notch. So I think that people would be okay with that answer as well.

I think people just want an answer from SNM, not other posters, answering their question, even if SNM simply has to say, "we just can't get it out to you as early as we had hoped or you wanted."

Who is this Mary that everyone is buying videos from!? I guess I missed something again! haha ;)

Mary Crowder, the owner of the "Total Fitness DVDs:"

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/

I just love buying DVDs from Mary (I always use 10% off discount, 10off – I hope I didn’t violate any rules by giving you this code); she ships the orders on the same or next day and customer service is wonderful.

Way OT, but whoever keeps "one staring" threads, please stop. It's ridiculous.

As for the other topic, consider the source. VFers are intelligent women who really know fitness videos. Because the forum has a narrow focus, that can lead to be hypercritical. Once you've gone on and on about how much you love something, what else is left? I'm not saying their complaints aren't legitimate. It's that complaints tend to be amplified because there's nothing else they can say. Wal-Mart is an awful company and while I think a thread discussing their business practices would allowed, it wouldn't be long before the thread went OT and got closed. It's a slippery slope.

The other thing is some of us ARE impatient. We don't cancel the preorders because we want the workouts. We wanted them, like yesterday.

Like others said, you can't please everyone. Cathe isn't stupid. If we didn't keep signing up for this, she would do something else. Obviously enough of us like the discount enough to wait, no matter how impatiently we do so. :)

Just another opinion here....

I am okay with waiting for STS Cardio - it's no big deal to me. However, I am also okay with others who want to ask SNM about updates for filming, release date, etc.

Again, my opinion here, but it seems to me that those that most of those that have posted any questions to SNM have said they are okay with waiting but just want an update since everyone thought filming was starting awhile ago. Whether that is just a perception or fact - some people want clarification. So when they ask, let's face it, it happens - so many other forum members chime in with their opinions and lots of times they are somewhat (some more so than others) chastizing the poster for asking a question.

And if there are delays because of Cathe's schedule getting busier - that is okay! She is becoming very popular as she should since her product is always top notch. So I think that people would be okay with that answer as well.

I think people just want an answer from SNM, not other posters, answering their question, even if SNM simply has to say, "we just can't get it out to you as early as we had hoped or you wanted."

Very well said Debbie, and I couldn't agree more.

What's one staring?

What I think: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.