Pentagenarians & Beyond: week beginning 8/12

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't been posting much. We are working on our spare bedroom/office and spent all yesterday painting. We had to move everything out, which meant emptying 3 bookcases and taking our computers apart and moving everything into the bedroom. We didn't get everything put back together until after midnight.
We painted this room "soft pebble". It's kind of a mid range grey tone. It was yellow before so this makes the room look completely different.

Wednesday I went for a 3 mile walk with my neighbor and then did XTrain Legs, Standing & Floor only. Thursday I did Build & Burn Lower Body Tabata and Upper Body Super Sets. I also spent some time working with the new barbell and I really like it. It feels more comfortable than the regular one. I like all of the different hand positions you can use. Yesterday I managed to do Yin Yoga and a couple of 100 rep challenges before we started painting.

Deb-I'm so sorry about your hip pain. It sounds like you have a good PT. I think the steroid pack and the ice pack will help.

Diane Sue-Great job with Live Toasted Trisets! Really good weights too! I need to get 17.5 lb dumbbells.
The women in my family also have small legs and tend to carry any extra weight in their upper body.

Hi to Carolyn, Valerie, & Lori!

Judy

Attachments

• IMG_1212 .jpg
    IMG_1212 .jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1213 .JPG
    IMG_1213 .JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 8
I finally got my tablet reset. It took about 3 and a half hours. I guess I didn't wait long enough the first time. I was up till almost 1 this morning trying to get things set up. Most is back and I am getting passwords in. I still have to figure out getting my contacts back. I should be able to get them from my phone. Cleaned up a lot on it too. Lost my recipes in my S note recipe journal. I haven't put my Samsung account stuff in yet, so maybe I can get it back. Terrible headache and neck pain after all of the time on the tablet and computer yesterday.

Deb, hoping things will be much better soon. I am glad that you are getting help. I think weather makes a difference in some states as to school start and end. I am thinking the seat issue could be a fuse. The passenger seat works. The driver seat fuse also affects the automatic steering column. I did research on that yesterday as well. Other issues can be loose wiring or motor to seat.

Judy I love the color of the finished wall. Nice contrast with the white :)

Deb that should get you to improvement!! Glad someone is finally doing something. Too bad it took so long to get to PT.

We did an easy hike yesterday but I was not feeling well and was really glad it was done in 90 min. Went home and felt worse, even went to bed but had fever and shaking chills. Took more Advil but decided this was NOT right. and needed to be seen. Went to walk in clinic and unfortunately I have pyelonephritis. So all the fuss about the artificial sweetener was not true. it was some sort of strange sign of infection even though I had no real traditional, obvious symptoms. I’ve had UTIs mostly as a kid before but always the obvious signs. Burning frequency etc. the choice was a load of antibiotics /hydration or get admitted to hospital for iv therapy. I chose door #1 and got a shot and picked up rx and came home and made dinner. I don’t feel that bad but need to stay on top of this. Advil is an amazing drug ( if it works for you) and almost dangerous because it can knock down sxs so effectively. forty minutes after taking 2, the shaking chills were gone. fever was less. I thought I maybe had a virus but the shaking chills were harsh, and I kept thinking about silent UTIs. Glad I went in to be seen. just got back from my second antibiotic shot. way better than being hospitalized. still don't feel great but the fever and chills are gone. I will need to take a couple days off. I exercised right thru the lead up to this and think I probably had it for a good week or maybe longer.

judy nice color! you will like that better than the yellow.

nothing starts here until after labor day. … then it's time for adults to take over vacation locations.

Last edited:
Today I did Pyramid Lower Body, up only premix. That was 43 minutes and 151 calories burned. My average heart rate was 103 and maximum heart rate was 131. I went out to meet a friend after my workout.

Deb, I’m glad the PT process has started. I remember the Orthopedist telling me that we needed to reduce the pain in my shoulder so that I could benefit from therapy.

Judy, the paint color is beautiful! It is very different from the yellow. It’s great that you have been able to fit in some exercise between the remodeling work.

Valerie, I’m glad that you decided to get medical attention. It’s good to know that the problem wasn’t artificial sweetener for you.

Diane Sue technology can be frustrating and take too much time to fix. I hope you can recover your files. The school year ends in May here also. My job was year round for 13 years before I retired so the calendar changes didn’t affect me directly.

Hello to Lori. Have a nice afternoon everyone.

Thanks for the comments on the paint.

Valerie-It's good you went to urgent care. I hope you recover quickly.

Deb-Thanks! I will look into PlateMates.

This morning I did Cathe Live For the Love of Cardio, 44 minutes, 3,247 steps, 291 calories, met 6.0, heart rate 135 average, 159 max. I did this one the last time I signed up for Cathe Live and found I liked it. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw Core Moves with the stability ball, 25 minutes, 83 calories, heart rate average 94, max 123, 215 steps. Total time was 69 minutes, 374 calories. We are having a triple family birthday here tomorrow after church :) I need to get some things done. I am not doing the food though as I am one of the upcoming and a few days ago birthday recipients.

Valerie, that is good you went in to get that checked out. I try to use as little Advil as I can. It can really mask symptoms and we forget that stuff used to be prescription. Just because it is otc doesn't mean it is okay to take lots of . Some people do not seem to realize that. I have been using" meriva" Thorne Research brand(better assimilated) curcumin when I have pain and headaches along with ice packs and it seems to be working for me pretty well most of the time.

Carolyn, good workout and nice that you had time with your friend afterward today. It shouldn't be too difficult to finish getting my things back together on my tablet. I had to stop during my workout and pair my Fitbit with my tablet for Map My Fitness. I forgot till I started and wondered why the MMF was not keeping the burn as well as it usually does. I will get the kinks ironed out eventually.

interesting side note... I just took a Tylenol in addition to the advil. the pills are "sugarcoated".. it is not subtle. Ugh. who would think to look at something like that. If you use Tylenol look before you purchase.

Valerie, why would they use sugar with tylenol? I always take the capsules and if I use Advil I buy the gel caps. For some reason they seem to work better. I don't use tylenol all that often.

these are tablets, and were a freebie via insurance co. brand is "Topcare" sweetening is not subtle at all and says "sweetened for adults" . UGH. also it is gluten free. geez.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.