Pentagenarians & Beyond : W/B 8/9

Hello all.

Today I did Live Burn Sets Legs, 37 minutes 207 calories. I spent a couple hours on the phone with the Linksys tech support. We bought a new router system and it took a while to set up. Hopefully this will stop all the freezing, loss of audio etc when I stream the LIVE workouts. The only issue I still have is that when the display screen on my phone shuts off, it stops the video from playing. The display settings only go up to 10 minutes. Not sure how to fix that.

Cathy, good job on the workouts. Pyramid Upper Body is a tough one. I find that I enjoy the "up only" premix and always do that one. I would arm the boys with both maps and a GPS.

Carolyn, Great job on RWH Upper and Lower Body Circuits and Cardio Party. Are you doing the August rotation?

Judy, great job on those Peloton workouts!

Valerie, you are like John. He insists on bringing his Delorme maps with him when we take any type of road trip. He thinks that learning to use maps should be part of school learning. That shooting is pretty scary! Did the police investigate?

Hi to Diane Sue, and Lori,

Take care,

Found an app called "No Screen Off". which ignores the selection for how long you want to wait before your screen goes dark. ...hopefully this will help the streaming issue. It's always something!

We mt biked this morning 2 hrs and 10 min. a lot of uphill and then the great downhill. I love it!.

I dont know if its technically illegal to be doing target practice in the dark but it is certainly bad judgement. I asked for a sheriff to do a drive by but I didn't hear more shots after the call so not much they can do. I wont wait as long next time. it was about 30 shots in an hour, with irregular intervals between the single shots. I don't know if people who live closer think this is just fine? or maybe their TVs are on so loud they don't hear it? its august, I have the window open, and the dispatcher could hear the shots easily while I had the phone to my ear. there is no way to fix stupid. this is not someone hunting anything. we have coyotes and other critters but this is just some numbskull standing in his yard, in the total dark, shooting at I assume a target. and let me guess he has had a few beers before hand.

Deb, we use the Delorme atlas to locate campgrounds, small roads GPS totally skips. I'll bet john wants it for the fishing access and boat launch spots! they are clearly marked and doubt they show up on GPS.

there are more detailed maps for national forest and wilderness areas, usually gravel roads. we carry a lot of maps with us. when we have younger people visit, I'm struck by how they seem know nothing about where they are and cant tell north from south. these are very smart people, mostly medical doctors. its easy to see how people get into trouble for blindly following what their GPS tells them. I love GPS, don't get me wrong, but I dont think anyone should be 100% dependent.

Last edited:
Today I did Kelly Body Fit #1 again so I could do the full workout, 32 minutes, heart rate 130/168, 183 calories, 3,496 stepss. I then did the Super Sculpt workout # 1 using 3 # dumbbells, 41 minutes(34 actual as I wrote down the moves for the first part with the super light weights) heart rate 105/160, 152 calories, 2,701 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 6,197 steps, 335 calories.
I did part of Body Fit 1 yesterday for 20 minutes before I went to ladies game day.

This morning I did LIS Athletic Training for 59 minutes and 310 calories burned. My average heart rate was 116 and maximum heart rate was 151.

Deb, nice job with Live Burn Sets Legs. I hope your new router solves the streaming problems. I am doing the August rotation.

Diane Sue, I was getting worried about you this week. I’m glad that you had a good workout. I haven’t paid attention to Kelly’s new workouts. I need to go to her website and take a look.

Hello to Valerie, Judy, Cathy, Lori, and Christina.

we hiked today, 2.5 hours uphill, half hour for lunch and pics, and then down for a total of 5 hours. it was absolutely lovely!. temp was pleasant flowers were wonderful, and only saw 2 people on our way out. we had the summit to ourselves. its one of the few good hikes we have left that is not not known to the nitwits who ruin everything by posting it on fb. it is not as obscure as it once was though, and 4 cars were at the trailhead when we came out. the trail goes 2 directions so we assume the others went the other way that goes to a lake. we never go to lakes because they always draw too many people.
when I was recopying worksheets I noticed Athletic training is a low impact workout. for some reason I didnt remember it was part of that series. I get so focused on new workouts, I forget older ones. when the weather gets messy I need to re-look at that whole series. reprinting worksheets was a good reminder about how many workouts I have that have not gotten use in years.

Last edited:
Today I did Jessica Smith’s 30 Minute Fat Blaster from the 30 Day Plan. It was 30 minutes and 195 calories burned. My average heart rate was 125 and maximum heart rate was 152. After that I did Nadia Narian Flow Yoga for Energy and Strength, practice 1. That was 21 minutes and 51 calories burned.

Valerie, it sounds like you had a great hike. I’m glad that you could enjoy your outing without a lot of people around. Athletic Training starts with cardio on the step so it might be one that you overlooked. The step portion is short and not choreographed, but I don’t use risers for that portion. After the short cardio it moves into metabolic strength training with light weights.

Cathy, I hope that you have a good trip taking your sons to college.

Hello to everyone else and wishing you a wonderful day.

We rode the bike trail this morning 1 hour and a couple minutes, 15 miles.

we are still planning around the asphalt paving in our neighborhood. not going as fast as expected. two times people have driven over newly laid asphalt requiring a re-do. I can't believe some of the people living here are so stupid! isn't that scary dumb? how can adults be so self centered and ignorant that they drive over fresh asphalt requiring a re-do because they are too ignorant or arrogant to obey the signs? we think the offenders should be billed for the re-do. replacing the road surface requires 8 hours when you may not be able to go in or out of your driveway. we were told about this ahead of time, are reminded daily, and agreed to it. it's announced what area is being done, clearly marked. they can't cone off the areas completely when the contractor is working, so these idiots ignore common sense and the signs, and drive over it. I hope they melt their tires!

Carolyn that might be true about AT. I know I used to do it but I don't remember it. maybe I didn't understand what a metabolic workout was about. I will modify if too "steppy" for me or do it without the step. right now I'm doing all outdoor while weather is lovely. yesterday was stellar! used to be much easier than it is these days.
Good trip to you Cathy. hope the kiddos get settled in and have a good trip.

Good Morning ladies!!

I read posts and love all the awesome workouts. Plus flying potatoes!! Lol!!! Glad everyone is well.

I saw Kelly advertising the egg weights and they looked like they would be great for kickboxing workouts. I will be back to using weights since I will not be bringing my heavy bag. Kind of sad about this, but no way will it fit in our apartment. The kids are thrilled to have all my exercise equipment I am not bringing. They will have a nice little gym.

We are in crunch time mode. Moving truck arrives between 8am-10am on Monday. Glad they are here early to get it over with. We still have a little bit to do. All the last minute items can add up. Some things you can’t really pack until you have too! We leave Wednesday morning.

Workouts still have been good, but starting tomorrow no trampoline workouts for a while...not sure how I will survive this!!! Lol!! Will be packing both up tonight. Originally planned to bring the smaller one in my car but last week we decided to have Bob’s car towed by movers (they actually put in a trailer). This way we will be together driving in my car with GiGi. I was getting too anxious about driving all that way alone. Even though I would be following Bob, I still would be doing all that driving. If you remember a few years back I had panic attacks while driving. They have completely subsided and its been a couple of years since I had one, but I am still concerned they could reappear. So we believe spending the money to tow was best for us. Once we thought about it it was a no brainer, but then we had to rethink about what we can pack in my car. My car is a lot smaller than his.

Other news, as if we did not have enough going on in our lives.....we are buying our inlaws home in Navarre, Fl. They have an absolutley beautiful home that sits on a golf course. They were thinking about downsizing (getting physically hard for them to maintain). When we mentioned we eventually would be buying once we knew where we wanted to live - they asked if we would be interested in theirs. they gave us an amazing deal we could not refuse. my inlaws will still live in the house and we will move in eventually. The house is big enough where we all could live happily and still feel like we have privacy. we love them and thrilled we are able to help his parents and at some point move into our dream house. Bob and GiGi will be going to visit every other week to take care of things and I will come when I can (it is a 6 hour ride from our apartment). We are really excited to know this is where we will retire. Our inlaws are dog people and have no problem with GiGi swimming in the pool. When Bob visits he will be driving there with GiGi. This makes me so happy for our GiGi girl! She will love this! :)

I most likely will not be posting for a couple weeks. Will check in after we get to apartment and settle in.

Take care and all be safe!!!

Last edited:
Today is a rest day. I went to the outdoor farmers market this morning and picked up some wonderful fresh vegetables. I also stopped at Sprouts and the Fresh Market for other items that we needed. It was a nice relaxing outing.

Lori, I’m so excited for you. And now you have your dream home to look forward to. That’s wonderful! I would have been the same about driving for such a long trip. That’s great that you could arrange to ride in the same vehicle. I know that the next weeks will be very busy, but take care and good luck.

Waving hello to everyone.

This morning I did Cathe Lite Cardio Party with the Calorie crush, 55 miutes, 287 calories, 5,607 steps, heart rate 127/163. I then did Lite abs #1, 10 minutes, 24 calories, 69 steps and finished with Lite Extended stretch #1, 13 minutes, 13 calories. Total time was 78 minutes, 5,676 steps,324 calories.

We did our regular sunday ride today instead, in farm country. only saw one potato truck and he was not losing any potatoes! 2 hrs 10 min, 25 miles. a nice morning but sunday mornings are always less busy. we have a commitment tomorrow so better saturday than not at all. we are supposed to be in the heatwave pattern tomorrow and be extremely warm so will see how it goes. supposed to be in the 90's and that is not a range my metabolism is happy with. we need to pick up some furniture and say goodbye to cousin and wife who are moving to AZ very soon. have not seen them since Feb, and still will keep distance and mask up. no one wants to pass viruses tho none of us have been sick or know anyone who has.

Lori that's really turning out nicely for the two of you. sounds like it works well for everyone. much easier to drive in one vehicle. its complicated following each other as invariably you get separated. long drives are so much easier if one drives and the other is the copilot... directions and food and drink supplier!

I guess I missed yesterday's post. I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Crush 2, 34 minutes, 194 calories, heart rate 132/162, 3,567 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Super Sculpt premix step and band, 30 minutes, heart rate 118/151, 139 calories, 2,565 steps. I finished with Coffey Fit Raw 5 day Strength stretch, 35 minutes, 37 calories, 65 steps, heart rate 822/106. Total time was 99 minutes, calories burned 370, 6,197 steps.

Carolyn, I am really liking Kelly's two new dvds. Nice that you got out to the Farmers Market today. I wish there was a farmers market close here.

Lori, that is great news that you will have a home when you are ready to move from the apartment. I am sure it is much nicer to be able to travel with your husband and Gigi. I would not want to drive that far by myself. I do not like driving unfamiliar areas and I get so much anxiety while driving like that. Glad you are doing better with the panic attacks.

Valerie, potatoes falling out of a truck could be dangerous. It has been in the 90's here lately. We get critical alerts from the electric company, so longer hours of higher pricing for our smart hours. I have been turning the air down when it goes up so I am sure I will not like what our bill looks like when it comes in.

Deb, I hope that you have found the solution to the freezing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.