Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 8/29

Judy, nice workouts this week. I am thinking that I may do Total Body boss bands tomorrow or Saturday. I have to see what Chris Dorner is doing. Fridays are usually a total body workout with her. She did a step and strength this week. I have not looked at it as I already did upper this week and she did that one right after the lower body workout so I kind of figure any weight work will be upper. Her workouts are fun and she encourages people to do weights and the stretching/ mobility as well as cardio. I just am trying to be careful about overdoing the upper body. I keep forgetting it is a holiday weekend. My husband will work and I am sure I will be doing the same things I always do.

Valerie, I go to the store with a list and almost always come home missing something. By the time I have been in the store a little while I just want to hurry and go home. I keep thinking I will pick up some fall flowers to plant and end up leaving the store without even looking.

Cathy it has been hot here lately. Upper 90's and up to 100 was forecast for today, but I am not sure. I only went out for a bit to get the trashcan and mail. I think we have a cooling trend and rain coming up. We did our travelling before the holiday. My workouts have been somewhat longer as I really want to get in mobility work and stretching stuff. That lengthens my time spent. It really helps if I keep up with it.

Carolyn, I really like the Perfect Pump workout. I like that it can be split into lower and upper for shorter workouts as well. Nice work today. I just did my shopping since I was low when we came back from our trip. I ordered from Whole Foods on the way home and then went out this week to get things from Walmart like paper goods. Seems I was low on all and I forgot kleenex. I just added it to my list for later.

This morning I did Boss Bands Glutes and Core. That was 52 minutes and 243 calories burned. Average heart rate was 114 and maximum heart rate was 149. The fabric loops really make a big difference.

Cathy, that’s wonderful that you will see your parents this weekend. We did the same with the unvaccinated relatives that visited a few months ago. We sat outside on the deck.

Valerie, glad that you were able to ride yesterday. I’m still finding a few good peaches at the farmer‘s market, but those in the stores just can’t compare. Perfect Pump does move fast, but I pause when I need to write my weights, adjust the bench to incline, or just get water. That’s why my time for strength is usually longer than the actual workout.

Diane Sue, great job with CDorner Cardio Core and KCM Box Fit. Getting more stretching and mobility is important.

Judy, great job with Boss Bands Glutes and Core, legs and triceps at the gym, and Peloton ride. I’m sure that Home Depot will be very busy this weekend.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Went and walked at the zoo today. Forgot that while school is back in session, they all have today off for a four day weekend, so it was quite busy. One of those days where I just walk on by any exhibit with a lot of people at it. I'll probably still get there another 5-6 times before they close for the year. Loving the nights around 50, days in the 70's right now. my favorite temps!

DH had to go in to work today and clear out his office since he'll be working full time at home except for a rare trip in. Had to take back files and pick up new ones, too.

Judy great job with BB Glutes and Core, gym workouts and Peloton workouts! I'm sure you will be busy this weekend!

Diane Sue great job with the workout combo! Interested to see how you like the Total Body Band workout.

Carolyn great job with the BB Glutes and Core.

Valerie I avoid driving on holidays, too. Going down to my parents early on Sunday when traffic is always pretty light, but I'm sure it'll pick up in the afternoon when I head home. Though probably not as bad as Monday will be. My sister and her husband drove overnight and got to my parents before 8 this morning, in large part to miss traffic. They both travel for work (more in the past, but starting again) and are used to odd hours and my BIL prefers to drive at night. Not a fan myself. Great that you got a long road ride in!

we drove today doing a hike with friends. took one car. it was crowded on the roads, but we were going opposite of worst traffic. hike was good, 6 hours only because we were smart enough to take a lesser well known route tyhat goes to the same general area but not the more well known destination. we picked the less known trail and it was quiet and nice, while literally hundreds of people were using the other WAY busier trail. it was even more crowded by the time we got done around 3:30. OMG it was nightmarish. barking dogs, screaming babies, we were out of the parking lot ASAP. what a horrible nightmare hiking has turned into. the activity I loved so much has morphed into craziness.
we will ride sunday so probably a day off today.

I'm guessing the peaches didn't do as well in the summer's excessive heat and dryness . I've had a few good ones but a lot of mediocre ones.

Last edited:
Today I did Cardio Quick Fix workout one. That was 25 minutes and 186 calories burned. Average heart rate was 131 and maximum heart rate was 148.

Cathy, it‘s good that you were able to walk at the zoo even with the crowds. This is a busy weekend with crowds everywhere. People are taking advantage of the lovely mild weather that we are having as they celebrate the various events scheduled this weekend. One event is Dragon Con which attracts a lot of visitors. It was canceled last year, of course, so the fantasy world people are thrilled to be in person again, even with the COVID restrictions.

Valerie, it sounds like you had a great hike with your friends. I can understand why you are tired!

Hello to Judy and Diane Sue.

This morning I did my IMAX workout. Yesterday Derek and a friend went and climbed Hogback Mountain (yes, it’s a baby mountain) biggest, hardest climb in the area though. That’s the friend in the picture. Asked him if he thought I could do it since he said it was harder than the one we did at Dead River. Mainly because it steeper and nothing along dead river was that high, just lots of ups and downs. He said he thought I could, but probably wouldn’t like the downhill. more accurately my knee wouldn’t like the downhill. It’s about 3 times higher than Sugarloaf, and when you get close to the summit there are areas that are just huge smooth rocks. I’d probably have to scoot down on my butt. LOL We’ll see how it goes in NC though while they are actually decent sized mountains, my sister won’t b3 up for that level of difficulty. Hoping to get a workout in before I head down there in then morning.

Valery glad you were able to get in a good hike with friends. I haven’t seen any areas that crowded or trashed, but I’ve heard about some.
Carolyn great job with Cardio Quick Fix!

Attachments

• 583EAFA9-C1A7-4EC6-A5C9-6C519ABCDF1A.jpeg
    583EAFA9-C1A7-4EC6-A5C9-6C519ABCDF1A.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 6
Today I did Boss Bands Total Body skipping the chest and superman move which bothers my back with the bands. This was 53 minutes, 142 calories, heart rate 97/134. I also went to lighter bands on some of the heavy work. I did not feel like cardio today. I also did CDorner Deep Stretch, 32 minutes, heart rate 77/92, 49 calories. This one is a good one for holding stretches and not quite so much activity as the mobility is. Total time was 85 minutes, 191 calories, 1142 steps.

Cathy, it is amazing how it hurts knees more going down than up. When I had my torn miniscus I always wanted to use the same foot for each step down rather than feel the one that hurt so much. We have what they call mountains here too, but nothing like mountains in California or Colorado that I remember.

Carolyn, nice work on Cardio Quick Fix. No plans here to go anywhere. I will need to get some groceries, but will wait till the middle of next week when the stores stock back up and so many people are not out.

Valerie, good you had an alternative path. Although I am sure families enjoy their outings that were the other direction. My husband and I usually avoid crowded places ourselves, but I remember many trips as a child to the mountains or way out in the desert. My Dad usually found some dirt road that was barely travelable to go up and somehow we were all alone in the desert and climbed mountains and had a fun outing.

Hi to Judy.

Did x train burn sets ch,ba, sh and abs. Increased my weight in several places. Never getting to Cathe,s 30 And 35 lbs though. Trying to get 25 lb dumbbells over my head……Not happening any time soon. Hike did not affect the bursitis at all. Feel fine so might be past that hump.
One issue is conditions are so awful in much of the country with smoke and fires and hurricanes snd flooding that it looks benign here so people are coming here.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.