Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 8/19

Carolyn-That is a coincidence! I've only done it a couple of times and am still getting used to it. Those roll outs are tough, I couldn't do them all and I definitely wasn't getting as far off of the mat as Cathe and crew.

Diane Sue- I am really starting to like all of the 2013 workouts too. I hope you enjoy your birthday celebration. Good luck with your colonoscopy prep.

I think you are right, insurance decided it wasn't worth the cost, so they stopped paying for urine testing. My doc has never ordered one for me. I bet she will now. DH still gets one because his family has a bad hx of bladder and kidney cancers, and often those tumors are discovered because of microscopic amounts of blood in a routine urinalysis. silent infections can be picked up also. many other things. I got my package of urine strips today but will wait a few days to test . there are 100 strips in the bottle. they were about $12. made in china. what isn't! anyone who is considering these... the strips are moisture sensitive. don't store in a steamy bathroom. keep lid on tight. remove a strip and reclose tightly. these have a 2 year outdate, but I think they probably won't last that long after they are opened. they look just like the ones that used to be made by Miles(Bayer) in the US in Indiana.

we mt biked this morning. I started out slowly but once I got going it was OK. I rode the road instead of the trail in one section but same elevation gain. a little easier because I was not feeling confident yet. forgot to time it, around 2 hours. first day with decent air quality.

Deb hope you get some relief with the PT.
Diane sue good luck with the prep. I hate that process. I may not need to do it again. next one is not due for a long time.

Good morning,

I will be doing the PT exercises each day, and will add something like upper body, core etc.

Diane Sue, Live Triset Legs is one of my favorites. That picture sounds so nice. You may have to have a custom frame made for it. Good luck with the prep for Monday. That is with the new stuff right?

Judy, when do you leave for your trip? a walk like you had sounds nice. Is there anything in your condo left to redo? LOL :). My OBGYN does a urine test each year. Funny though, the insurance company will not pay 100% for it because they say it is not part of the free preventative exam.

Carolyn, you and Judy must be on the same wave length, doing the same workout. I don't blame you (both) for eliminating the floor work on that one. Your car is now "almost" brand new so you don't have to think about getting a new one until the future. :).

Valerie, nice that you finally got to go outside. :).

Hi to Lori,

Take care,

Carolyn, I missed your post. We posted around the same time. I always do the floor work on the workouts. I find it gives nice results. Although the chair/Barre workout does the same thing standing. I think car service has gone way up in price. Tires are expensive.

Deb, yes I am doing the new prep system, it is very specific on exact timing which is written out for me. Ending at 2:30 am in the morning. It says to not change the order of the foods and snacks. I won't use the flavoring packets for the water. Those and even the food is optional. I don't care for sugary drinks. I was thinking today maybe I should go pick up coconut water and 7 20 Oz bottles of water. There is the powder in the water each time and 1 tablet to take each time with the exception of 2 tablets at 8 p.m.

Deb I hope the new PT routine helps quickly. yes, it was nice yesterday. today not as good but the smoke is much less. probably a few more weeks of on and off, until the rain starts and puts fires out. most are in remote locations that can't really be put out.
I think its sad that insurance companies can decide what is and isn't necessary. doctors lost control of medicine a long time ago.

Diane sue …..anything that is not the "Golytely prep" is an improvement. That sounds like an easy process.... long as it works.

We started having trouble with Hulu streaming. after talking to CS it seems that our apple TV 3rd generation is not supported anymore and we can expect to see features drop off. we lost subtitles on several series we have been watching. subtitles were there one day, gone the next, on the same series. we have a 4th gen apple TV that we will switch to our main TV. I never use it, so DH will have to do it. ( I don't "do" TV's and remotes.) I would never have dropped cable. it was easy. all the headaches, devices, antennas ... I don't think this even saves money. he liked the older apple, and hates the newer one. old one is only a few years old. We don't watch much TV but I need subtitles and even DH, who made fun of me at first, now thinks they are very useful. especially for British series. series that use abbreviations and special language, like legal, police dramas.

ETA did a 30 min Ice bootcamp premix thought we were riding today, but its wetter than expected.

Last edited:
This morning I did Cathe Live Cardio Crush Low Impact, 35 minutes, heart rate average 121, max 156, 2,604 steps, met 5.9, 227 calories. I then did Live Circuit Crush, heart rate average 124, max 157, 1,869 steps, met 5.8, 256 calories. Total time spent 75 minutes, calories burned 483. I may do some stretching in the morning, but won't be doing a workout for the next two days for sure.

Judy, my husband took me out to our favorite Italian restaurant that our friends own. Unfortunately I got sick. I ordered a different dish than usual, an angel hair pasta with a mushroom sauce and chicken. I did not like it and kept trying to pick out what I didn't like. It made me fell sick and I finally just didn't eat it. I have had some stomach issues lately and I think it may be the arthritis med and also the fact that I ran out of the Mercola probiotic I was taking which I think was helping. Anyway, they took it off out tab and my husband insisted I needed something for dinner. I ended up with their herb crusted salmon which is awesome and veggies. But, I needed things to settle before I could eat it so I got it to go. I was able to eat it at 9 last night.

Valerie, I was reading more stuff on this type of meal prep and they say it has worked better in most cases than the old method explaining the reasoning that makes sense. Also less nausea and cramping as it is more gentle. I really believe these devices are made to not work after awhile so you have to upgrade. I know technology changes and things just cannot upgrade to catch up. You sure can't use you devices very many years. I think of the old televisions that lasted 25 years or more. No way that works now. Nothing is simple.

Today I did Ramped Up Upper Body. That was 62 minutes and 257 calories burned. My average heart rate was 108 and maximum heart rate was 146.

Deb, I’m glad that you have the PT exercises to do. Are they similar to anything that you have done in the past? I’m in no rush to buy a new car now that I don’t have the long daily commute.

Diane Sue, I like the Live Cardio Crush. That’s one that I did when I subscribed. The Great Glutes premix that I did was “standing only” and included the bonus chair section instead of floor work and no stability ball. I made a mistake when I wrote it yesterday. I don’t like floor work, but I do it anyway for my knees and hips. The bonus chair section had the similar movements to the floor work. The colonoscopy prep is no fun, but the method that you are using sounds better than what I did.

Valerie, we still have cable because my husband is such a television fan. The options to get what he wants all seem to complicated for me.

Judy, the JS Feel Good Fusion looks very similar to the Ellen Barrett workouts that I have. I might decide to order them anyway for variety.

Hello hello Lori.

Deb-We are planning to leave Saturday morning. We are almost finished with everything we can do. We still have some quarter rounds to replace on the baseboards and Chris is replacing the last door that we needed to today. There is some painting we can do in the upstairs hall, then after that we will need to have the rest of the work done. We want to have the upstairs bath done first, then the upstairs carpet. The kitchen remodel will be last. I'd love it if we could get all this in before the end of the year but I'm not sure that will happen.

Diane Sue-I'm sorry that the dinner made you sick :( I bet the arthritis medicine is causing you some stomach issues. I am very sensitive to medicine and I usually get sick and/or lose my appetite if I am taking a strong prescription. It's good that you got to take the salmon and veggies home. That dish does sound good.

Carolyn-The new DVDs just arrived. I might do the Total Stretch one tomorrow.

Valerie-That's too bad about the Apple TV. I think I have the 4th generation one but I would have to check to make sure. We cancelled our cable 5 or 6 years ago because we just weren't watching a lot. I did miss it though. It was so easy to record the shows I wanted to watch and it worked without the glitches the happen when using apps and devices and streaming.

Hi to Lori!

Judy

Reactions: WD
I start my kit in the morning. I went to Sprouts today and bought some Bona Fide bone broth and electrolyte water. I was going to get some coconut water and changed my mind. It always tastes sweet to me. I do not care for sweet drinks. I also picked up cold brew coffee and kombucha tea.
Here is a link to the kit I have. https://happycolonfoods.com/ It also has my doctor on it. If you scroll down on the testimonials someone posted a picture of the kit with everything out of the box. The blue box is exactly how it came in my mail box. Smiley faces on it and the instruction pamphlet says lets get moving on it. Kind of funny.

Carolyn, I have done the cardio crush live several times. I thought I would use the mat today, but ended up removing it and pretending like it was there. Gertie kept trying to play and rolling it up. It is easier to work around her when I am not paying attention to her and the mat.

Judy, I am sensitive to medications and some supplements. I usually go for the low end of the dosage. I checked my prescription info and it does say it can cause loose stools, upset stomach, and stomach cramps. I really think that the probiotic was keeping those side effects away. Once I ran out they have started up. I bought a small pack of some other probiotic from Sprouts today to take once the colonoscopy is done. That will give me some time to reorder the Mercola one.
Your home is going to be like a brand new home when you are done. I would really like to get the bath floor redone upstairs. It is the small white ceramic tile that is probably what was here when the house was new. The grout is starting to come loose and their is a couple of cracks in it. We have done a lot, but there is a lot more to be done.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.