Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 7/18

did a short hike yesterday, not mountain climbing, but a hike but DH is having issues with one knee so we went to the top of the bluff, watched for porpoises and saw some, and came back down. will stick to riding for a few days and let him recover. besides this week will be heating up most places, unfortunately. it sounds like another heat dome will build up. very scary with fires all over already. I thought I would be dead and long gone when climate change arrived but this is looking like scientists have been talking about for decades.

will try to fit in an upper body workout later today. having friends come over for dinner tonight so need to do cooking and cleaning.

We got home Thursday. Later than planned after an hour and a half delay on the Ohio toll road due to an accident. Was around 8 by the time we got home. We masked the whole time indoors and outside except when eating/drinking. Very few people were wearing masks, even indoors and as many as half of them are probably not vaccinated. Zoos, especially Pittsburgh and Akron were super busy.

Yesterday I did Boxing Hiit Express, Step Boss Bonus Abs and 2x through the back portion of Pyramid Pump. Today was Low Impact Cardio Hiit and 2x the chest portion of pyramid pump. Matched her weights on the first time through, but dropped down a set the second time.

Valerie summer is flying. Only 3 weeks till Nick heads to Texas and four until I take Derek back to Marquette. Nick’s all set to pick up his apartment keys now. Just waiting to get move in info for Derek. At this point there’s under 100 Delta variant cases in Michigan, only 1 in the upper peninsula, but apparently not all tests get sequenced and it can take weeks to get results when they are, so there are likely far more. The fires are truly horrific. It’s been years since there was a major one in Michigan, but there are small ones every year. They are so scary.

Hi to all!

Cathy good for you! my area isn't as risky as others . we are somewhere between 52%-70 vaccinated. county lines dont mean all that much, and new cases are predominantly delta. much more transmissible, so it likely will get to michigan soon since you are not sealed off from summer travel. I dont like the mask but its not for much time. when I'm shopping, I'll take the small extra step. it is now YEARS since I had a head cold.....absolutely great. great your kids are vaccinated since this has the potential to infect a whole lot of younger people.

summer feels like its dragging here, the opposite. scary to have no rain for this long. the fires and damage they do is much worse than most people see. a whole lot of area. it is much more personal when you know the area as well as we do. California is so huge that the square mileage being burned is hard to understand.

I’m taking a rest day today. I went to the farmers market to pick up vegetables for next week. I wish that there was a CSA close by that I could use since we eat so many fresh vegetables each week. I keep frozen broccoli and green beans for backup, but I prefer fresh. My favorite farmer has bags of salad mixtures and I bought the slaw today. In addition to red and green cabbage and carrots she adds some kale. It will be my shortcut today to go with salmon burgers.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Tabata Sculpt 2.

Valerie, I’m glad that you had a nice hike yesterday. That’s too bad about your husband’s knee. It‘s best to be cautious since it takes a while for that to feel better. I have continued to wear my mask indoors since Georgia has a high percentage of unvaccinated people. I went inside a Soma store this morning to return something that I ordered online. There was only one other person in the store in addition to the salesperson, but it still felt strange. I do miss browsing in stores, but I didn’t do that today.

Cathy, glad that you made it home. Great job jumping back into your exercise routine.

Waving hello to Judy. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Hi Everyone,

This week went by fast. Wednesday I Cathe Live Intense Upper Body then 15 minutes of Ab Hits. Wednesday night I did a 20 minute Peloton ride. Thursday I did 40 minutes of Peloton rides and 20 minutes of stretching. Yesterday I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast, then XTrain 100 Rep Triceps & Scarecrows. Last night I went to the gym with Chris and did a chest, back & tricep workout. Today I did 80 minutes of Peloton rides. Tomorrow I work 6 hours and will take a rest day from workouts.

Diane Sue-Nice job with Raw Tabata Sculpt 2. It sounds like one that I want to try soon.

Carolyn-I hope you had a nice rest day.

Cathy-I agree, summer is flying by. Great workouts this week!

Valerie-Nice job with the hike. I hope your husband's knee feels better soon.

Today I did CDorner Step Aerobics Ladies of the 80's, 65 minutes(a bit longer than it is as I went through the whole routine another time and had to stop several times since our lawn guy was here), 306 calories, heart rate 129/161, 5,593 steps. I then did Cathe Lite bonus pyramid biceps followed by some back and shoulder of my own which I will post, 22 minutes, 56 calories, heart rate 100/133. I finished with CDorner Neck and shoulder stretch 18 minutes, 23 calories and also did some lower body stretch and foam rolling.
Total time 1 hour 45 minutes, calories burned 385 calories.
Lite Biceps pyramid bonus
supination curl 8lb dbs, 10lb dbs, 12lb dbs, 10# dbs, 8#dbs 12,10,8,10,12 reps
super set with stability ball incline curls same weights
Back/shoulder my choices and very light
reverse flys 3 sets 5lb dbs, 10 reps; 8# dbs 10 reps; 8# dbs 10 reps
side lying rotation arm held tight to side(they use a towel to squeeze at PT) 3lb 10 reps right and 10 reps left 2 sets
Funny, using strength and sets, which I am still trying to get down, it picked up on the curls move, but somewhere it had me doing a set of sit ups, and and a set of rows, it had the rotator move as lateral raise. All in all it does pick up on movements though. You can edit it if you want, but I see not need to unless I am saving the workout in the database to do again. I did not check the steps for the other work today. It would not have been much.
I cooked some salmon and made a spinach salad with a dijon vinaigrette and pecans. I love salads:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.