Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 7/04

Traildoggie

Cathlete
good morning. yesterday i did stacked upper body and core from x train. this morning we are doing a bike ride. its been pretty warm here by my standards. I don't do well in summer heat. riding at least I get the wind chill that keeps me from being overwhelmed. I dont tolerate temps above 75 well.

I get frustrated with my sister. thanks for listening. she is so incompetent and does not realize it. she is always belligerent, angry and complaining so dealing with her is awful. she is uninformed and wont listen to reason. I expect that even if she is able to transition to a senior assisted facility, she will alienate everyone there in 60 minutes. she was in a total panic when her refrigerator died, and doesnt "get" that she had no way to look for a refrigerator on her own. she called the only two people who deal will with her. really.... she was looking in the yellow pages. I haven't even SEEN a yellow pages in at least 10 years. and the the business with the magazine subscription. she jumps at the first thing to complain about but had no clue if the company even had gotten her check. I cant foresee her able to find an apartment and even start a move herself. she will need someone to push and lead her every step of the way. she's 70 so this is time to get it started.

there are different varieties of basil. diane sue the ones with roots in water don't transplant to soil very well, at least not for me. Ive tried and they die. carolyn, the basil plant I bought a 2 weeks ago is much more fragrant. also more vigorous. my seedings are doing well, I will have more basil than I know what to do with. some years are cool and misty but this has been hot and dry for weeks already. scary when you see where fires are popping up, big fires, not little brush fires next to the freeway.

Last edited:
Happy 4th of July. Today is a rest day for me. We don’t have anything special planned for the day other than cooking chicken on the grill. We haven’t had any fireworks around us yet, but that will surely change tonight. There are many organized events around the area so maybe that will help.

Valerie, that’s exactly what I noticed with my basil plants. They are as fragrant or as full as my usual plants. Enjoy your ride this morning. It was surprisingly cool and dry here this morning, but that will change over the next few days.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Cranked out our 25 mile ride in 2 hrs 8 minutes. first part went fast due to tailwind, last part slow with headwind so it all balances out. the road had just been chip sealed and when we saw that we didn't think we could ride at all. I made DH turn around and look at the road surface to see how much loose gravel was there. there was some... but traffic had pounded down wide tire paths so I wanted to do it. loose gravel is not good with skinny tires. this was OK. glad we did it anyway. there is a chip seal schedule available but they don't say what's already done, just what is planned next. if it had been dicey we could turned around and gone back the way we came. would be reasonable mileage too.

it was loud around here last night tho nothing real close by. tonight will be tough. our plan is to turn on air, shut windows by 5. turn on separate air units in the bedrooms, go to bed at normal time for us and tough it out. the room units generate some white noise that helps tone down the explosions. we usually get up around mid night and make sure nothing is burning. we live amidst lots of trees. we cant see any displays. most will be tonight.

carolyn I wish I knew which basil variety is the most fragrant. this plant is wonderful smelling.

Last edited:
I did Low Impact Challenge this morning. All of it, which I normally don't do. Based on the fact that I only got cardio minutes for the intensity part and all the rest was fat burning, it's clearly not a workout that pushes me.

Boys are both working today, and hopefully get home at a reasonable time as we're having game night. Poor Derek yesterday he came home the long way as there has been only one lane open on the entire last stretch of highway, but the town he goes through was having a 4th of July parade and he had to find his way around it and he's completely unfamiliar with all but the Main Street. Apparently he had lots of company though as lots of people were ahead and behind him doing the same thing. Then he gets home and Nick tells him the highway is now open. Nick left after him and got home after and Derek had already had to stay longer than necessary because the lead he was working under doesn't send anyone home early even when there's nothing to do or more people than needed. He was pretty cranky at that point, though thankfully he's not one who takes it out on anyone else.

We had a few booms last night, but nothing late. We'll see what tonight and tomorrow bring.

Valerie sounds like you got in a good ride today and a great workout with Stacked Upper Body yesterday! Sorry the situation with your sister is so bad.

Happy 4th everyone!

This morning I did just the warm up and 5 minutes of a Low Impact C Dorner to get moving and then I did CDorner mobility stretch for flexibility and some moves for the trap area added on. This ended up being 117 calories total and I spent 45 minutes. I was searching out why my trap area is always so sore, even when I wake up in the mornings. There was a PT place that specialized in upper back and neck area that explained how it affects the shoulders and neck and the only place where there is a nerve that runs all the way up. I will have to post it for those who are interested. Happy fourth ! I hope everyone enjoys it. I looked it up and I guess the city I go to shop that is close allows fireworks from June 27th to the 4th.
Gertie was crying and barking to the point I put her in a corner room with the doors all shut. It was loud and I looked and some boys on skate boards were lighting fireworks in the vacant field behind us where the houses have not been built yet. They just finished laying out concrete drainage and side walks. Hope they are completely out. We always had a bucket of water handy. Glad it rained a lot.

Valerie, it is too bad that your sister cannot find some happiness. She would be a lot less miserable if she looked for the good in things. The basil I just bought was from a really nice nursery and is nice full plants. We wanted some large roses, but they said what they had was just the knockout variety left. The lady said supply was hard to get on things. That being said they have a lot of stuff and lots of green houses in back as well as trees and shrubbery. I was happy to find them. They had a smaller version of the same nursery further north that I had used a lot when my husband was out of country. They would always have me pull in back and load up my car for me with plants and topsoil etc.. I bought a lot when I had to have a sewer line replaced. It took forever to fill it all in and I replaced ground cover and stuff. It's funny as my last hydrangea that I had for 8 years I had purchased from them. I just put some of the stuff you use to help the color be blue and I either overdid or picked up the wrong container as one day it had beautiful big leaves and blooms and the next day it had shriveled up. I replanted and kept it for a year taking care of the stump, but it never came back. Good idea to just stay in and close everything up for the night. We have a honeywell air purifier that is our white noise in the bedroom. My husband mentioned one day that the thing that woke him up was when we had a power outage and the air purifier was not running. I guess that and the fan are our white noise.

Carolyn, I hope you had a nice rest day today. We have fireworks going off outside right now. We went into town yesterday and they had the streets all decorated with flags and signs. My husband got our flag put back up. The storms broke the pole off and someone had carefully set it up on our door step.

Cathy, sorry your son had the experience of trying to go around a parade in unfamiliar areas. We have done that before and it is not pleasant. Nice work on low impact challenge.

Last edited:
we survived another 4th. I got a decent nights sleep. it got loud but ear plugs/ room air conditioner for white noise kept it down. this morning we had a marine air push that has it damp and foggy, a wonderful thing.
DH sleeps in the master. more noise due to facing our next door neighbors who try to blow up the whole world. he has head of the bed cranked up about 8 -10 inches for reflux. I can't sleep in that position. sliding down all the time. the guest bedroom is quieter and darker. works for us.

diane sue hydrangeas bloom in either blue /purple or pink depending on pH of the soil. if soil is acid they will be blue purple and if basic / alkaline ( pH higher than 7.0) they will be pink. you can adjust bloom color by tinkering with soil pH. (I think I have that right). our soil here is acidic and hydrangeas are blue/purple. they grow too well here and can get giant and sprout up shoots from the base and anywhere the stems touch ground.
I have dealt with my sister since childhood. ain't no fixing it! its like her life aim is alienating and offending everyone. they avoid her like the plague. even her children. she doesn't INTEND to do it but does. counseling her NOT to do something stupid doesn't help, she does it anyway. the inability to adopt new technology is becoming a bigger problem. she could manage better if she could use a computer or cell phone minimally, but she cant and refuses to learn. she had no clue how to look for a refrigerator when hers died. again I apologize for going on about this. venting in print helps me deal.

This morning I did P30 Low Impact HiiT for 31 minutes and 208 calories burned. Average heart rate was 126 and maximum heart rate was 149. Yesterday was a nice quiet day. The fireworks were not bad around here. Not much in the neighborhood at all.

Valerie, nice job with the 25 mile ride. I’m glad that your strategy for sleeping through the fireworks was successful. I can understand your frustration with your sister’s behavior. Even though you know that she is unlikely to change, it helps to vent sometimes.

Cathy, great job with Low Impact Challenge. I didn’t go to my usual Saturday morning market because of the 4th of July parade. I would have been like your son trying to find the back roads to get home.

Diane Sue, nice job with your warm up and stretching. Your neck and shoulder pain has been going on for a long time. That’s good that you found some information to help understand what is going on in that area. We also put our flag out for the holiday. It’s one of those things that my husband has always done and feels very strongly about.

Waving hello to Judy.

Diane Sue, did you mention getting some Skinceuticals skincare from your daughter? I think it was some time ago. If so, which of their products have you used?

Today I did the start of CDorner Arms, Abs and Cardio for 8 minutes and decided it was not for me so I just switched workouts and did CDorner Hiit no equipment from 1 month ago which was 40 minutes, together this was 48 minutes, 276 calories, heart rate 140/170, 2,835 steps. I then did some of Coffey Fit Raw Lift It, 29 minutes, 100 calories, heart rate 108/137, 244 steps. Total time was 69 minutes, 376 calories, 3084 steps. The hiit fit in ab work and a down to the floor ab move with each of the grouping as it was repeated 3 times. I have done this before and it is just so so. Yesterday I spent more time researching and trying to get the garage door keypad to work and finally just ordered a new one. I put batteries in thinking it needed new ones. It does not light up like the videos instructions. I will get it Friday and try again. I am getting tired of figuring out all of this smart feature stuff on this house. Once we get the keypad set I will try to refigure the code to the inside door to the house. It works, but is still the code the garage door was supposed to be and we will probably change that one. The inside door to the garage announces every time a door is opened to the outside including the front door and the back door. I am not sure I like it all that much, but am getting used to it. MY husband asked once why the door was always cracked open and I told him so I didn't hear it announce it was open everytime I went into the garage.
Raw Lift It (portions I did skipping shoulders, back and chest, and the last segment of lower body as I did not want to risk overdoing it)
10 reps per exercise

Suitcase deadlifts 15# dbs (Kelly 20's)
reverse lunge/pistol squat 15# dbs (Kelly stays 20's) I am glad this was not the kind of pistol I remember doing in the past
goblet squat 15# db
reverse cross back lunges 15#

single arm supinated biceps curls 12's (Kelly 15's) 2 sets each arm this is hard with my right shoulder and kind of hurts
suitcase deadlift 15# dbs
double arm supinated biceos curls 12# dbs

skipped next2 groups (shoulders and back which had more pistal lunges and goblet squats as well)

single arm triceps extension overhead 10# db 2 sets each side
reverse curtsy squat 15# dbs
double overhead triceps extension 10's

skipped last two segments and did the stretch

Valerie, yes it is adding something for more acidity to the soil. I ordered some stuff and it would have been good to have when we planted it. We went to the store and they did not have any. Just Walmart though. Miracle Gro makes a fertilizer for acid loving plants. I think it is called Miracid. Walmart did not have that one either. I have a gardenia and they like acidic soil as well. It has been blooming off and on since we planted it. We have clay soil so have to mix in something when planting. They suggested manure or some cotton planting stuff at the nursury. I did not want to have to worry about what to do with the rest of the bag of manure when we were just planting one plant. I did that for roses in one of our houses and had a bag of manure left sitting in the shed when we left. I guess I should have put it on the grass or something. It stinks. I remember when my Dad used to do that to our lawn and I was glad when the smell went away.

Carolyn, yes, I have been using the Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 anti-aging lipid replenishment treatment for a couple of years now. She gets it for me for birthdays and Christmas so keeps me in stock. I also got the A.G.E. Eye Complex from her as well. She tried the cream on herself before she recommended it to me as she really likes it. The products have worked well for me.
Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 | Anti-Aging Cream | Dry Skin | SkinCeuticals
A.G.E. Eye Complex for Dark Circles | Eye Cream | SkinCeuticals

Last edited:
Serious garden work yesterday. we bought a truck load of bark mulch to cover our new flower beds. it helps keep the soil moist by slowing evaporation. wow... 30 bags of the stuff. filled the back of our truck. DH was loading them up and I was supposed to stack them. did the best I could but they were heavy and sort of floppy. we got it done. them back here we unloaded and spread them. definitely didnt need more of a workout than that. was odd process. got it at Lowes. we bought some lumber, hardware too, paid, then drove around to the garden center after they opened the gate so we could back in. we loaded everything ourselves, nobody available to help. no one checked our receipt. we could have paid for none and gotten a truck load.
probably not a common crime.... stealing bags of garden mulch or manure.... but I was still surprised no one even glanced, they just opened the gate and let us get what we paid for. maybe if we had asked for help loading, someone would have checked? Judy is this what happens at the garden center at HD? I thought maybe when we paid it notifies the garden center of a load out for 30 bags of bark mulch so they knew? it was a lot of mulch!

because of all our rain, the soil here is always acid. I'm happy with the blue/purple color and generally want less tinkering with mother nature, rather than more. hydrangeas grow aggressively here.
we try to avoid chemical additives, herbicides etc but sometimes "natural" fertilizers can be a problem. we have somehow gotten contaminated with purslane, a weed. some people eat it but after battling it for years I want no part of it. it is an aggressive weed and all over our vegetable garden. we suspect it came from manure or alfalfa or cottonseed meal. seeds can lie dormant for approx 40 years. uprooting the plant is not enough. if left on the dirt surface, it will re-root . if you pull it without the whole root, it will resprout. if you break up the plant each segment will take root. burning it off doesn't kill it unless extremely small. cant compost it, the plants will continue to mature their seeds even if they are pulled out. it is a weed from hell.

Last edited:
Valerie-30 bags is a lot of mulch, I can't believe they let you load it without even asking if you wanted help. We have a separate area in the parking lot with pallets of mulch and various soils. It's called the mulch pit. On busy weekends they have 3 or 4 people loading, usually the college kids they hire as temps for summer. The customer comes into the garden center, tells the cashier what kind and how many bags of mulch (or soil) they want. After they pay, they are told to drive to the mulch pit, they show their receipt to one of the loaders, then get their mulch. It's a pretty smooth process and nothing like what Lowes is doing.

Today I did XTrain Chest, Back, and Shoulders, rounds 1-5. My time was 41 minutes with 160 calories burned. Average heart rate was 108 and maximum heart rate was 144.

Diane Sue, good job with the CDorner HiiT and Coffeyfit Raw Lift. Cathe’s newsletter this week has an article on trap strength and neck/shoulder pain. I thought of you as I read it. Thanks for the info on Skinceuticals. I am using the Vitamin C Serum and the daily moisturizer. I want to try the one that you have when I finish this one. My oldest daughter gave me a serum from another pricey brand a few years ago. I liked it so much that I still use it. After that, whenever the beauty editors received something from the brand they gave them to her to send to me. She changed jobs in January so that won’t happen again. The last gift that she gave me was a moisturizer and cleanser from the brand’s Rose Diamond collection for Christmas 2019. My mouth fell open when I unwrapped it because I knew that one item was over $400.00 and the other a little over $200.00. They were wonderful but not something I would ever consider purchasing!

Valerie, that is a lot of mulch to move around and spread. I’m sure that was more than a workout! Maybe that Lowe’s was short on staff. Our local Lowe’s uses a process similar to what Judy described.

Hello to Judy and Cathy.

carolyn and judy... thanks for the input. DH and I thought it was odd. it was monday, lot of places still called it a holiday. lowes has a separate door and cash registers at far end of the building with garden supplies. neither was open. it was about 10 am, not 6 am. we needed lumber so were parked in the lumber indoor parking at the other end and came out thru that door and drove directly to the garden supplies. it took a bit to get someone out there just to open the gate. the lady who opened the gate could not have been less interested in what we were doing. gardening sales are winding down here for the season here. I thought it was sloppy business practice. if I'd been alone, I would have asked for help loading, but DH can sling the bark bags so we still would have done it ourselves. it would have taken another half hour to get someone out there. I have never seen college kids working at lowes.

there's another store I use where they fill propane tanks outside. you to go inside and pay. it would be easy to drive away without paying or even forget to pay after you go inside but I assume you are on camera while parked there.
all businesses around here seem to be short on staff, since it seems no one needs to work since the pandemic. every business has a "hiring now" or "help wanted' sign out.

carolyn, DH gets more mulch moving points than I do! I get some though. it looks nice so was worth the work. hopefully it will keep new plants from drying out so fast.

rode this morning, 2 hrs 10 min 25 miles.

We had a neighbor that put on a huge fireworks show on the 4th. Both cats were under the bed most of the evening. At least the fireworks were finished by 11 pm so we didn't lose any sleep.

I’m off work until Friday this week. We have another condo project we are finishing up, painting the upstairs bathroom again. Chris wanted to change the color to a darker grey. We had to rent a 10 foot ladder for the day. Hopefully we’ll be done by tomorrow.
Sunday I did a 45 minute Peloton Power Zone Max ride, a 5 minute Peloton ab workout and Muscle Meltdown Triceps. Today I did a 30 minute Peloton Power Zone Max ride and Muscle Meltdown Shoulders.

Valerie-Those mulch bags are heavy! I don’t load but I occasionally help a customer that only needs a few bags. Moving them around is a workout.

Carolyn-Nice job with XTrain Chest, Back, and Shoulders.

Diane Sue-I’ve got Coffeyfit Raw Lift It on my list of Raw workouts to do, along with Raw Heavy Weight Boot Camp.

Hi to Cathy!

Today's workout was CDorner no equipment cardio Tabata, 41 minutes, 207 calories, 2,317 steps, heart rate 128/178. I then did the new 30 minute mobility flow routine for flexibility and stress relief, 30 minutes, heart rate 80/98, 48 calories, 100 steps. Total time was 71 minutes, 255 calories, 2,417 steps. The cardio tabata was not that intense. I modified as well, so not a big calorie burn. There was push ups, burpees, and squat thrusts which I switched out and did her modifier or one of my own.

Valerie, after we had that sewer line done, the planters were all torn up and after I put down all of the top soil I did not see anything coming back up so I purchased moneywort to put in it's place and figured the crocus were all gone. Later the other ground cover and plants came up over the top of the moneywort and places where the dirt landed outside the planters. What a mess. That yard had been planned out where there was color in the yard year round. Bulbs at different times, trees that turned red etc. I felt bad for the mess. Lesson learned. We have so much clay that it can rain and the next day you see dry clay ground with cracks in it where there is not grass. Planters need extra soil additive to break up the clay and hold moisture. Some plants are tough to get rid of. We had some ivy stuff that wrapped around everything and up the trees that I had a terrible time taming at one time. I used stump killer on it after I cut it off to the ground and the rest would die off, but when it was intermingled through thick foliage it was hard to tackle. My husband got tired of me being outside till it started getting dark, trying to take care of it all and paid someone to clean everything up and put new much and stuff in the planters. After he did that our neighbors hired someone to work on their side of it. It was like a mini forest of trees, pines, and shrubs with plants at the bottom just run amuck and separated our houses.
There are many places looking for help. I guess some people must have decided to have an extended vacation or something. We tried to go to dinner at Applebees and they said we had a 15 minute wait. There were only two tables being used and no other customers. When asked they said they only had one waitress and one cook!! That is ridiculous. I worked in restaurants in small communities and was the only cook and had a lot of people I was cooking for. We have not been back. The time before that when we ate there, there was not greeter or waitress in the front. I guess she was having a break in back. My husband walked back to the kitchen asking if anyone was working. We were the only customers. It is weird. Places are low on supplies because there is not enough workers. That and I think it is a bit more complicated getting things from China which if you look almost everything we have is made in China.

Judy, Home Depot must be different there than here. They usually have a cashiers at the exit but we always got a cart and loaded up our mulch and stuff on it paid for it and bought back the cart, or pulled up and loaded it ourselves. Really busy times we might get help. Lowes is pretty much the same way. Maybe it is really needed there.
I have had Lift It typed up for a week or so and kept looking at it thinking I could probably get away with doing some of it. I have heard that the Heavy Weight Bootcamp was a good workout too.

Carolyn, I would have a hard time paying that much for skin care as well. I like the Skinceuticals products. I cannot remember the brand of a cream that my daughter had given me samples of and the rep came in and when she told him how much I liked it he gave me a big jar of it. Fortunately for me I can get her discount on the products they sell for 40% off. I have picked up the Elta MD sunscreen products through her as well. I need to remember to keep it out and use it. I thought the other day when I was outside working in the yard that she would have a fit if I got a sunburn. She takes that stuff seriously. I know my daughter thinks that the vitamin C serums are good. That is so sweet of your daughter giving you those items. It sure is nice having good products that I would probably not spend as much on. I thought the 58 dollar cream I was using from 100% Pure was a lot of money. I was using theirs before my daughter got me the Skinceuticals to try as I had used up all samples that she had given me. 100% Pure was aggravating because I would find a product I liked and they would discontinue the line and market something else. Nice work with X Train Chest Back and Shoulders today.

something else I noticed today.... lots of businesses here , like car dealers, burger King, mcdonalds, use hydrangeas as outdoor plantings to fill the curb space and along the buildings. other plants like potentilla and junipers too, but hydrangeas are blooming right now, blue, but they are tough low care plants in this climate. pretty much nothing here kills them.

diane sue ...my DH uses Elta sunscreen. he doesn't like the chemical "oxybenzone" sunscreens especially on face and head. I've used it too, its a transparent zinc oxide but its too expensive to use it on arms , legs etc. so I use banana boat or coppertone. I'm not sure where he gets Elta. his sister had melanoma long ago and she lived. she is really pale now. he got a lot of sun in california so he's careful. we are both pale but with his hair loss on top, head /ears can get fried. I sure wish I had been fortunate and gotten some pigment in my skin! I never used tanning salons but when I grew up sunscreen that did anything was nonexistant. I dont remember when effective ones became available, but I have used them regularly since. since my squamous cell on my leg, I'm more careful. I've always used make up with sunscreen every day, summer or winter on my face. but the high spf ones bother my skin so the elta one is good. I am better than he is at wearing a hat and gloves, sleeves.

I usually use Lowes for plants and planting supplies. used to have a big nursery near here but they closed down maybe 5 years ago and now Lowes gets a lot more garden business. HD is a way longer drive.

the bags of m,ulch must be 40 lbs each and are sort of floppy so hard to grab and heft. it was way more than would fit on any cart. filled the whole pick up bed.

really is pathetic... nothing gets made here anymore, including meals. I get so annoyed with the cheap imported junk but nobody else is making anything.

Last edited:
This morning I did XTrain Legs, Standing+Ball and Chair premix. My time was 41 minutes with 174 calories burned. My average heart rate was 109 and maximum heart rate was 146.

Valerie, nice job with the 25 mile ride. I have trouble lifting 1 or 2 bags of mulch, so I’m still impressed by your yard work. It’s not so much the weight as it is trying to hold on to the bag. It’s so awkward to lift and move to any distant location and we don’t have a wheel barrow anymore. I never used sunscreen until three years ago. My daily moisturizer had SPF as did my foundation, so I never thought much about it. I don’t spend much time outdoors and I thought that I didn’t need it. Now that I have areas of hyperpigmentation I am trying to be more careful. I am using EltaMD sunscreen as a part of my daily routine.

Judy, great job with the Peloton rides and Muscle Meltdown Triceps and Shoulders. Having a few days off must feel good.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDorner Cardio Tabata and Mobility Flow. As I mentioned to Valerie, I’m also using the EltaMD sunscreen. I just ordered some from Dermstore because this is the last day that they have 20% off. It’s wonderful that your daughter has a good discount on some of those products.

Hello to Cathy and Deb.

Lori, if you are reading I hope that you and your family are well. I’m thinking of you as I listen to coverage on hurricane Elsa and everything else that is going on in Florida.

Shoot I missed more days here than I planned. Monday I did LIS Slide and Glide. Another one where I pretty much never do the whole workout. Only had to adapt a couple of the core exercises. Yesterday I did Xtrain Chest, Back and Shoulders. Today was my rest day as I shopped. Also today ended my 9 day streak of 12,000+ steps. The combination of shopping, rain and the arrival of the creatures from hell, aka mosquitos, has me at barely over 4,000. I know it was more, but when shopping so few get counted. On the plus side the mosquitos didn't show up any sooner, we can get them in May, but dang these suckers are aggressive.

I'll have to go back through and read everything I missed.

No workout today. I left the house at 8 this morning for my hear CT. It took 45 minutes to get there and I was actually done and on the road before the actual appointment time which was 9:15. Tomorrow I go back and get results and talk to the doctor in the afternoon so will do a work out. I did do CDorner neck and back stretch this afternoon though.

Valerie, those bags do get heavy. I had to purchase a riser for my aerobic septic system and have the septic people install it so rain water did not flow into the tank and my drains fill up. My husband was out of country and I purchased 50 # bags of top soil to build up the ground around the taller riser and fill in the area between the shed and the concrete pad we had for our fifth wheel. It took a load of bags. I did a lot myself and finally got my two older grandsons to come and help. I put sod over it and it ended up working perfectly. I agree on the food. You get produce from out of country and it is picked so early it has no flavor. We have finally got some good melons here lately that are local and from Texas. It aggravates me. I do not see a lot of hydrangeas around here. It seems most places like that put in some little spruce trees, weedy looking plants, and begonias. Speaking of plants they had what I think is cat mint planted out along the back wall and looked so ratty and more like a weed with purple flowers that died off quick and they became sticks. I pulled them all out when we planted the hydrangea. I will probably add something else as well. My husband does not go out anywhere without a hat on his head.

I use two different Elta MD formulas as one is a bit larger and one I use specifically on my face. They are the only sunscreens that do not break me out. My daughter uses it all of the time because she has eczema that she has always had to deal with. It is really nice that I am able to get her discounts on it. I think that you can order Elta on Amazon. Some of those things I worry about being the real thing. Especially if it is other sellers and not Amazon shipping from Amazon.

Carolyn, I used to order from Derm Store a long time ago. Nice work on X Train leg work today. The sun does do a job on the skin. That is the what I always thought. Sunscreen in my foundation and moisturizer. I don't spend lots of time outside. A lot more than normal with all of these planters and flower beds. Usually if we go to the fair or swimming or something I use the Elta MD and Tarte primer foundation with a strong spf in it with the Tarte regular foundation on top.

Cathy, it sounds like a busy week. Mosquitos are busy here as well. My husband was just complaining about them attacking him when he gets out of the car at work at night.

Today I did CDorner Intermediate step from yesterday (hip hop music) 231 calories, 44 minutes, heart rate 134/159, 3,889 steps. I wanted a bit more and am pressed for time as I have to leave when I am done here. I did the first 11 minutes of Best of Kickboxing and Dance Tabata Mash up, 68 calories, heart rate 145/182, 85 steps. That bit of it was fun and the music was fun. I will probably do all of it tomorrow. Total time was 55 minutes, 299 calories, 4,744 steps. The intermediate step was fairly easy to follow. I could tell my heart rate was not real high as I was rarely breathless. At least I am not getting Fitbit stats. These seem much more accurate. I made time to eat my last chickpea burger cooking it in no oil this time and drizzled with lime juice and some avocado. I will come back and respond to posts later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.