Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 6/21

This morning I did Raw Cardio Tone cardio portion only, 19 minutes, heart rate 144/166, 114 calories, 2,049 steps. I skipped the toning as it is all on the floor and upper focus and I am sore after yesterday's workout. I then did Jessica Smith Dance Walk workout 2, 171 calories, 31 minutes, heart rate 134/180??, 3,201 steps. I also did Step Boss Abs 2, which was kind of painful as the front of my shoulders are sore and their are side planks which I did on my elbow rather than straight arm, and the planks with hands off and on the steps I dropped to just the riser. This was 10 minutes, 20 calories, heart rate 97/122, 89 steps. I finished with Lindsey Samper episode 7 using a sofa pillow under my torso and to sit on when cross legged, 16 minutes(14) I did a bit of lower stretching, 15 calories. Total time was 76 minutes, 320 calories, 5,399 steps. I heard Jessica Smith is going to make some new workouts. Curious what they will be like.

Valerie, I bet those potato fields are wonderful to see. Nice ride today with the 8 miles. I was going to pick up Salmon at Sprouts and again there was someone at the meat counter taking forever to make their choices. I just gave up on it so that I wouldn't spend so much time in the store. Walmart Market does have some vacuum wrapped atlantic salmon in their meat counter that is generally good. I won't by their frozen stuff. It is gross and I probably have some in my freezer that has been there so long it needs put out in the trash. I have been lazy about cooking for myself lately. I finally made a Chinese 5 Spice Chicken Stir Fry that I had purchased stuff for this evening. It was good. They suggest eating it over rice, but I just ate it. I subbed snow peas for the asparagus since I did not find fresh asparagus at the grocery store. Lots of veggies in this recipe with soy sauce or Braggs liquid aminos. I used teriyaki. I think I put too much red pepper flakes as I did not measure and it was pretty hot. I need to use the Chinese 5 spice I purchased awhile back.
I get salads a lot when we go out to eat. Interurban has salads still. I recently had a spinach salad with grilled chicken and the one I got Sunday was a southwestern salad with chicken on it.

Lori, moving is so much work. I am sure you had plenty of exercise with the lifting and stair climbing. I hope things go smoothly with your move. I understand your husband needing to stay safe. It has been nice for me and my husband to be able to go out to dinner again. That is usually our weekend date night thing we do. Just time together. When they first reopened we were the only customer when we went in. I hate to see businesses have to close down. It makes me sad for people. We have a favorite Chinese restaurant too. We have not been there in awhile. It is in a smaller city adjoining Oklahoma City. Their menu is mostly Chinese food, but they do make some burgers and regular diner type stuff. But, most go there for the Chinese food. A Vietnamese woman owns it and is so sweet. That is the main long standing restaurant in the community.

Judy, I can understand how wearing a mask all day at work would be really uncomfortable. My daughter, being in the medical field of course has to wear one all day and they are long days. 10 hour days because they close Mondays. One of my friends said her doctor walked in putting on his and she told him he didn't have to wear it, but he said the boss says they wear masks. She is in her 80's and recovering from shoulder surgery. She was so excited because she finally got to drive instead of her husband and go to the store.
We have had Dominos pizza delivered quite a lot since the covid virus started.

Carolyn, funny, when I put yesterdays workout in the workout manager it said it was 50 minutes. I new I went over a bit, but that was a big difference from the 74 I did. It worked out better for me than the full workout.
Sometimes you just need a break and something different. Those workout choices look good. I have not tried the evening relaxation Jane Adams yet. I always look at the time and skip.

Cathy, nice work and good that you find the gliding discs help with twisting moves. I just pick up my feet when the instructor is twisting on the floor as I know better than twist my knees around. I have to do the turns around the ends of the step on Cathe's Step Boss cardio workouts. I had a torn meniscus 7 years ago and those types of moves really hurt. Still is touchy with that. Whole foods and Sprouts both pretty much stick with the masks. At Sprouts I would say about 3/4 of customers still wear masks in the store. I do most of the time, but some days I don't. My mask seems to set off my allergies and then I am coughing and sneezing inside the mask. I do it for the people in the store. My allergies are a problem in the store anyway as I get around all of the produce and it can set them off. So, in some ways the mask is good because it covers my mouth and nose, but on the other hand, I have no way to get a tissue or pop a cough drop in my mouth, which I can't do now because of covid anyway. It is kind of a mess. I end up using extra allergy stuff before I know I have to go out. I drink some water to hydrate in the car and stick a cough drop in my mouth, put on the mask and try to hurry through the store. Funny, I discovered Walmart's soap and candle aisle set off a coughing sneezing session the other day.
I worked out in my living room for years before my children moved out. Having a basement workout area would be nice for space. Kelly Coffey does most of her streaming workouts in her basement.

This morning I did LiTE Cardio Party, 39 minutes and 278 calories burned. My average heart rate was 128 and maximum heart rate was 149.

Cathy, nice job with ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast. Using the gliding discs to modify is a good idea. I modify moves as necessary during my workouts. My legs are fine after Fit Tower Bootcamp, but I really am feeling my lats and biceps from the pull ups.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Cardio Tone and JS Dance Walk. I used the wrong name for my JA yoga yesterday. I did the Evening Practice, not the Relaxation practice. The evening practice is one where she starts with the chair for down dog and later moves to the floor. It’s good for any time of day. I haven’t done the 8 minute Relaxation practice either.

Valerie, that was quite a ride that you had with all of the mud. Judy’s salmon recipe is very good.

Hello to Deb, Judy, Lori, and Christina.

Carolyn its a seasonal thing. its not any wetter than spring or winter, but a lot more people are out riding bikes or horses. it churns up the wet spots and makes ruts, that dry in place. we think trails should be closed when wet but this is a not tightly controlled area and people do what they want. its also an active tree farm where things get logged sometimes, especially in summer. the mud ruts are like getting your bike tire caught in a railroad track.... not good! I fell once yesterday but only hurt my dignity. we are going to Montana shortly and things are drier there with less heavy use. I'm cleaning, cooking and menu planning right now.

diane sue do you have Hallmark stores? OMG the candles and scented things in fall made me never want to shop there. you cant get the stink out of your nose. I could taste it. ugh. I give away scented candles immediately. potato fields aren't in full bloom yet but they are lovely. not as dramatic as tulip fields but lovely and they smell nice too. If you get a chance to buy some Alaska sockeye, don't miss it. it is much better than atlantic farmed. this was fresh and not previously frozen. and it's all for me! DH wont eat it. ( I'm just crushed :rolleyes: !) I think its as good as Copper River salmon without the exorbitant price tag. I love it with toasted sesame oil and a little tamari. I don't get it often but DH is hopeless so I will make it for myself when I can. he wants it prepared so he cant tell it's salmon.

Hi,

Yesterday I did LIVE Awesome Upper Body, 40 minutes, 205 calories. Streaming still working well! :). No workout today. Ike is sick again, back to the vet, more tests, more meds.

Valerie, yes, a shovel, etc with weeding is a workout for sure. I will leave my "location" setting off unless I need it for something. No need for them to know where I am every minute of the day. I'm with you on the garden never "being done" I think that is why it is not a favorite pass time for me. I like to do a job, see it done and have it stay that way! Nope! not with gardening. Agree...I have never had salmon that I liked until we went to Seattle almost 2 years ago....it was delicious! I am not a fish/salmon person at all. That was the last time I had it.

Carolyn, good job on Fit Tower Advanced Boot Camp. Those are tough workouts, They hit the muscles in different ways.

Christina, Happy Birthday!! Very nice of your in-laws to bring the party to you. Nice work with LIVE Double HIIT. I have never tried that one. Is it high impact? able to modify?

Diane Sue, good job on Pyramid Pump! Yep, the timesavers on this one are the way to go. I would be very uncomfortable in a restaurant where the wait staff were not wearing masks....but that is me. I think maybe they might have to limit items due to staffing issues? Or maybe purchasing certain items is difficult? Beef has skyrocketed in price here for some reason. Would probably be the same for restaurants...maybe they don't want to have to increase their prices and make customers unhappy, so they just omit the items for now.

Lori, I can't imagine having to go through everything to sort, pack etc, for a move like that. I can fully understand how Bob feels. Great you have a good Japanese restaurant to get take out from

Judy, YAY for a hair appointment. I want to try to get one for Friday. I don't blame you for considering going back on leave. I am perplexed as to why they do not require customers to wear masks.

Hi to Cathy

Step Boss I max 4 this morning since I left it in the dvd player last night. This was 45 minutes, 212 calories, heart rate 117/143, 4,344 steps. I don't get the heart rate on this one. I did well yesterday on workouts that I did not feel I was working as hard as this one, plus I just kept moving at every break and tried to add hops and more steps. The heart rate blanked out through the last blast though when I was doing the across the step and squat thrusts and stayed out till I was part way through the stretch. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Finisher, 13 minutes, 65 calories, heart rate 118/165, 1,197 steps. I finished with Lindsey Samper safe stretches 23 minutes as I added a couple of other stretches to it, 26 calories, heart rate 81/93 heart rate, 56 steps. Total time was 81 minutes, 303 calories, 5,597 steps. I ran to Walmart to pick up the stuff for my vegetable dish. I also found some things I kept looking for, but have not been on the store shelves so picked up extra things. I also found hand sanitizer in a hibiscus rose scent and sanitizer wipes for my husband to put in his bag and take to work. Picked up paper towels as mine are dwindling.
When I was in Walmart there was this woman and her two children walking towards the exit when a woman at the curtesy counter accidentally knocked off a jar of soy sauce from the counter where she was scanning returns or something. It shattered and glass flew all over. Some was even where I was standing by a register. One of the children was hit in the leg, but the mother didn't see a cut and then he found a piece in his sandal on the way out the exit. Still they did not see anything and left. I think the staff was worried. They were not real busy, and the employees were working together to get it all cleaned up. I am sure they were worried about law suit. It was not intentional, just a lot of stuff on the counter and things sort of slipped and the bottle flew out from under the plexiglass.

Carolyn, I was afraid the relaxation practice would not be yoga and just be lying on the floor or meditating or something. I don't like to do those. I went to look and see how many I still did not have on that set and they offered a discount of 3.00 to add the rest so I did it. I had the chair one, lying one, energy one, and standing poses. Nice workout today.

Valerie, I need to check again on the Wild Salmon Sprouts has in their meat counter. Any that says previously frozen I won't buy. I still remember the store that is now homeland always had such an awful odor in the meat department and the smell was mostly fish, which tells me it was not fresh. Most was previously frozen. We do have a seafood store not too far from us, but I never feel like venturing there just for seafood. The biggest draw back is that it is on a busy street and right where there is a Y in the road where the street separates. I make salmon often. Fortunately my husband does not complain about the smell of what I eat anymore. He did earlier in our marriage, but I think he finally figured he really loved me and saw how much I enjoy those things. It was the same with coffee. He hated the smell. I have the link that Carolyn gave, but I would have to buy and freeze so, I am not sure about that. It is rather expensive.

Deb, nice job with the live workout. I am glad the streaming is working for you. That is like me with the laptop. I got rid of a few things and did some scans and adjustments and now it works fast, no waiting time and no problems. Our favorite Italian restaurant has the best salmon I have ever had and a large portion. I don't know what kind it is. I should ask the owners about it next time we eat there. The owners are long time friends. Beef has gone up here as well. I always buy the leanest which has really gone up in ground beef. Steaks are really expensive. I buy 1 here and there for my husband. I eat beef on occasion but generally I eat fish and chicken.

This morning I did both ICE Low Impact Sweat Cardio 1 and XTrain Bi's and Tri's rounds 1-5. The latter to make up for missing a workout this week.

Valerie, sorry to hear your ride was such a sloppy mess, but you certainly persevered and won the day.

Diane Sue, you are rocking the workouts. I really like IMAX 4. I've given up trying to figure out heart rate and calorie burn. What the workout manager tells me based on height and weight is that I burn a much higher amount of calories than what my fit bit tells me, which is height, weight and heart rate.

Carolyn, good job on Cardio Party.

Deb, so sorry to hear Ike has gone back to the vets. Is it still the same problem? Sure hope he's all better soon. I haven't attempted to do the live workouts. I figure I have plenty in the 100's I already have, and I'm just leery of attempting to do things online. If we had a smart TV, maybe, but not with just my laptop.

Derek had his orientation for Northern Michigan yesterday. They told them that masks will be required unless they are in the rooms or eating. Profs who feel they are high risk, will be teaching only online. His freshman year will certainly be novel. Then we discovered that while I thought we'd paid his housing down payment, we hadn't and because he hadn't accessed him NMU email he'd missed housing sign ups, so he couldn't get in the newer dorms, though as Nick pointed out, the kids who were already there likely claimed a lot of them. But, he's at least got a room now and Nick got a campus apartment. He'll get a roommate for that, but he'll have a small kitchen and can make all his own food. So, the apartment is a bit more than a room, but still come out ahead on the food.

This morning I did LiTE Stacked Sets Upper Body which was 40 minutes and 247 calories burned. My average heart rate was 125 and maximum heart rate was 161.

On the subject of restaurants limiting menu items, many owners interviewed here say that it is a way to cut expenses. It’s more time efficient for the restaurants. They don’t have as many staff members, but they have more requirements for opening.

Deb, nice job with Live Awesome Upper Body. I’m glad that your streaming is working now. It’s so frustrating when technology interferes with a planned workout. I hope the vet can find out what’s causing the continuing problems for Ike.

Cathy, great job with Low Impact Sweat X Train Bis and Tris. Your son must be very excited about getting ready for college and having his housing settled. So both of your sons will be in college this fall?

Diane Sue, great job with IMAX 4, Coffeyfit Raw Cardio Finisher, and Lindsey Samper Yoga. When buying salmon it has probably been frozen unless you live close to the source like Valerie. Atlantic salmon is farmed salmon and it is less expensive than wild caught. I prefer the wild caught and try to avoid farmed. The salmon from Vital Choice where I order mine is flash frozen right after it is caught. Frozen fish can seem mushy if it’s not done right. I try to time my orders to take advantage of discounts or special pricing.

Hello to Valerie, Judy, Lori, and Christina.

No official workout today, as the boys and I met my parents at the zoo. The one in Battle Creek, where we have a membership, is half way between us. Much slower going with us and they just did the big African area and left after that. They are 79 and almost 81, still on their feet, but not fast. First time we've seen them since maybe the end of February when Nick was home on break. I did end up with 38 exercise minutes on my Fitbit. Doing pretty well for it being another 4 1/2 hour sleep night. :(

Carolyn nice job on the upper body workout. Derek and Nick will both be up at Northern Michigan. One year of college together, just like they had one year of high school. They've always gotten along well, with minor spats that were quickly resolved. They tell me I didn't even know about a lot of them. :D Nick is a senior majoring in Management of Health and Fitness.

ended up working hard at errands, shopping and projects all day yesterday and planned a hike this morning. we went, could not get to trailhead because of a lot of snow still left. we've gotten stuck at this same spot before. felt stupid... but every year is different. so now back home again, and will do a workout later today.
looked at Costco yesterday and they had more sockeye. this is not frozen, and is $15.99 a pound. so not cheap, but there is also almost no waste on a salmon fillet. I have several pieces left from my recent purchase so I let it go. I had farmed salmon / farmed steelhead. its cheaper and still good, but the sockeye was wonderful. there is some issue with pacific salmon that makes them impossible to raise in fish farms. Fish has to be handled properly or forget it. I remember going salmon fishing when I first moved here, but those days are long gone. fish runs here have been decimated by over fishing and pollution.

I cant imagine being a restaurant owner, trying to predict the future right now. what is "normal" this days? and now the virus is exploding in places that opened up too quickly and that haven't emphasized distancing and limits on groups and masks.

Deb so sorry Ike is still having problems.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey It Starts Here workout #1, 33 minutes, heart rate 127/159, 177 calories, 3,319 steps. I then went to take my veggie dish to my church and mail cards out, came back and continued I am tired so it took a bit to push to get the workout in, but once I got going I had a good workout. I did Raw Weights 1 in the Garage, 57 minutes, heart rate 98/159, 146 calories, 1,084 steps. I finished off with Lindsey Samper yoga therapy # 11. Total time was 1 hour 57 minutes with the yoga. Calories Total 353, 4,403 steps excluding the yoga which wouldn't be much.

Weights #1 I used 15# dumbbells throughout except for chest and I lowered to 10 after the first two sets . 8 rnds each body part, Tabata style 25 on around 10 off.
Biceps front curls 1 rnd, hammer curls 1 rnd alternating I got 7 reps in on all 8 rnds
rest body weight squats
Shoulders 1 arm shoulder press rnd 1 followed by upright row rnd 2 then shoulder press rnd 3 followed by upright row alternating left and right rnd 4 - doing shoulder press and alternating row rnds to end
rest body weight alternating lunges
Back lawnmower rt rnd 1, lft rnd 2 continuing to rnd 8
rest body weight curtsy lunges
Triceps overhead triceps extensions 1 dumbbell rnd 1, alternating kickbacks rnd 2 continue to 8 rnds
rest no activity
Lower body squats rnd 1 curtsy right then left rnd to continue to 8 rnds
chest on step flys rnd 1 bench press rnd 2 continue to 8 rnds
Planks variations using the step timed: I count 7 different planks here
Abs crunch rnd 1, reverse crunch rnd 2 continue to rnd 8

Cathy, I used the protocol with my weight and height and using the met value and workout manager still has me higher than Fitbit. For awhile I took those numbers which are lower than what is shown on workout manager due to me being around 110# and 5'4, then I dropped the weight between what Fitbit had and the number I had using workout manager for the workout. That seemed to work sometimes, and once in awhile it matched my Fitbit Blaze. With the Versa2 it is way off and generally I come out to half what the Workout manager says. Now, I just go with whatever Fitbit says. I am not losing or gaining more than a pound or two so I am okay. Although I often forget a couple of items when I put the food in My Fitness Pal it works out. I eat pretty healthy. I used to get way higher calorie burns with Polar products, but they were always going way off to 0 or 200+ heart rates after awhile. I got tired of messing with them. I would rather it be pretty reliable even if it is lower.
Good that you got the X train workout it. I like to get at least two times a week per body part one way or another.
That is great that your parents met you at the zoo and are still moving well. My Granddaughter that is studying nursing at OU started her first year in the dorms. Last year she had an apartment with 3 other girls that is next to the school and each had their own bedroom and bath, a washer and dryer was there and the kitchen definitely saved on the food. That is great that your sons get along so well. My two granddaughters have been like that. Some spats here and there. The other is at OU Law school. She went to another University for her first years. She is married now though and they got an apartment between college and his work. Right now work and school is online for them. Wonder how it will be when it starts again.

Carolyn, you are right on the fish. I have purchased halibut from Sprouts meat counter and it was so awful and mushy. Not like good halibut. I had made it for my husband and I as he likes it once in awhile, but we both did not want to eat it. It was an expensive waste. I have to look at the atlantic salmon to make sure it is not pale around the edges, as it usually is not good. I will look at Vital choice again. The wild salmon I purchased at Sprouts was really fishy tasting and had lots of bones in it and I just didn't want to try again. I buy the tuna steaks occasionally and make a peppered tuna recipe from Real Paleo Fast and Easy that is made as a meal with bok choy charred and a lime ginger drizzle. It is yummy. That book has some good seafood recipes. I liked the salmon with the pomegranate relish as well. Interesting on the restaurant reasoning for limiting menus. I just figured it was because customers were less at one time and having a large selection could mean a lot of costly waste.

Deb, how is Ike doing?

Hi to Lori and Christine

Valerie, I remember seafood in Texas near the gulf and in California being really good. Not near an ocean here. I remember a lot of restaurants here having catfish. I don't see that so much anymore. Sorry the snow left stopped your plans.

Our "local" salmon used to be good but not available anymore. it would be so much easier if DH would be reasonable but he's trenched in and just mentioning "salmon" = "I don't like it" I make mine when I have a leftover dinner to give him as an alternate. I eat plenty of things he likes that I'm so-so on, but he doesn't return the favor. I wont buy Alaska salmon and bury the flavor in barbecue sauce or something! I gave up on cod. ugh. I tried catfish.
never got to an actual workout yesterday so this morning we are doing a road ride of about 25 miles.

Today I did JS 30 Minute Fat Blaster from her 30 Day Plan. That was 30 minutes, 218 calories burned, average heart rate 131, and maximum heart rate 155. Then I did Jane Adams Beginner Yoga, Upper Body Strength and Flexibility. That was 22 minutes and 49 calories burned.

Diane Sue, nice job with Start Here, Raw Weights, and Lindsey Samper Yoga. I like Start Here when I want low intensity workout. I haven’t done it in a while.

Valerie, your husband’s dislike of salmon just leaves more for you :). Cod isn’t a favorite, but I like halibut. The only fish that I ordered and didn’t like was sablefish. It was too fatty for me.

Cathy, that’s great that you could meet your parents at the zoo.

Waving hello to everyone and wishing you a wonderful afternoon.

Workout today was Kelly Coffey Amped Up Cardio mix no drills, 47 minutes(slightly more than actual as I had to let the dog out and back in } I burned 287 calories, heart rate 140/172, 4,629 steps. If I pause I often forget to restart the Fitbit. I had so much fun and felt energetic despite a little over 5 hoursof sleep again, so I did Amped Up Cardio Just drills mix skipping warm up and most of the cool down which I did do a bit of it because Kelly does hip swings and stuff and it is fun. This was 16 minutes, 52 calories, 774 steps. I then did Part of Lindsey Samper Sweat and Shape Yoga stopping when she starts moving into a side plank. This was 27 minutes, heart rate 87/108, 10 steps, 26 calories ( I used the yoga setting and think Fit bit must be geared for around a calorie a minute for yoga as that is pretty much what I usually get). I like the way Lindsey gives suggestions for your level on the yoga and really remind about shoulders back throughout each moves. Some moves that I have done before felt better with her talking through with shoulders down and back and just simple little changes. Total time was 90 minutes, 365 calories, 5,413 steps.
Workout today was Kelly Coffey Amped Up Cardio mix no drills, 47 minutes(slightly more than actual as I had to let the dog out and back in. I burned 287 calories, heart rate 140/172, 4,629 steps. If I pause I often forget to restart the Fitbit. I had so much fun and felt energetic despite a little over 5 hours of sleep again, so I did Amped Up Cardio Just drills mix skipping warm up and most of the cool down which I did do a bit of it because Kelly does hip swings and stuff and it is fun. This was 16 minutes, 52 calories, 774 steps. I then did Part of Lindsey Samper Sweat and Shape Yoga stopping when she starts moving into a side plank. This was 27 minutes, heart rate 87/108, 10 steps, 26 calories ( I used the yoga setting and think Fit bit must be geared for around a calorie a minute for yoga as that is pretty much what I usually get). I like the way Lindsey gives suggestions for your level on the yoga and really remind about shoulders back throughout each moves. Some moves that I have done before felt better with her talking through with shoulders down and back and just simple little changes. Total time was 90 minutes, 365 calories, 5,413 steps.

Valerie, too bad your local salmon is not available. My husbands family in Washington are big on hunting and fishing. When we have visited they fixed fresh fish. Much better than what is in the grocery store for sure.

Carolyn, I could see using just the first cardio portion of start here with another lighter cardio for a longer light cardio workout. Sometime I will try the weight workout 2. I like to do something lighter once in awhile to keep mobile, but give things a bit of a break for recovery. You know I don't like Cod from the grocery store, but Schwann's always had really good cod, tilapia that was thick and not mushy or tasting earthy to me, and salmon. I could get them to come again, but I seriously always felt like I had to order more stuff. I felt guilty when I didn't order. Then the ice cream and some of the desserts were too tempting and easy to just ask for. They had some good frozen vegetables and mixes that I really liked as well.

We did a road ride this morning, 2 hours about 22 miles. it was pleasant.0 traffic has picked way up over a few weeks ago. unless people get more compliant with masks and flatten the curve, we will end up in a lockdown again. I don't need to eat out if it ups the risk.
I'm sure there are still some salmon harvested in WA but not like it used to be. by the time the tribes get their share, there is not much left, and even the wild orcas are not getting enough. the big dams on the Columbia and Snake and widespread water pollution have gradually whittled the population. I don't like the texture of cod. cooked myself or in a restaurant. Halibut is lovely but so expensive. I once tried sablefish and black cod in a restaurant. didn't like them. I like prawns and scallops but guess who does not. so many people like to hunt and fish, but don't like to eat what they catch. Carolyn I don't mind having salmon to myself. I don't like to cook two different meals.

Hi All!

Popping on to say hello. Workouts have been sporadic this week, but still able to walk GiGi 3 miles so glad about this. Been busy packing. Omg! I am getting overwhelmed. So much to do! My husband was officially laid off on Thursday so this changes things. Originally he was staying behind for a bit so we could move in stages. Now he is coming with me in August and I could not be happier!! But now we had to alter our plans and have more to pack than anticipated We will get it done, just a little stressed.

oh...and WTH is going on in Florida???? This does not help my stress level with all the increases with covid.

I will catch up with posts later tonight/tomorrow.

Hop everyone is well, safe and active!

several states relaxed covid restructions way too fast. young people especially went back to "normal" behavior, socializing close together, hanging out in groups. the state let beaches, bars and restaurants open without much restriction. plus the warmer the climate, the harder it would be to wear a mask especially eating and drinking! I'm not trying to sound all holier than thou , if I were 20 I'd probably have done the same thing. Kids think they're indestructible. but they can carry and pass the virus and can take up hospital beds.
we relaxed a tiny bit here in WA, cases jumped up but nothing crazy. we will not be moving forward for a while yet. all these braindead idiots are acting like masks are a restriction on their "personal freedoms". Hello?? it's a virus and it spreads easily, it doesn't give a shit what your politics or preferences are. I personally think this will be an ongoing problem for this year and maybe longer. even if an effective vaccine is developed , imagine for a one minute how to convince people to get vaccinated if they wont even wear a face mask. herding cats! If your state is restrictive on absentee ballots, start the process ASAP so you can vote safely in fall.
Deb, how is Ike doing?

I didn’t work out today. I had to go to the grocery store this morning and had some outside work here at the house to take care of. I tried going to the store yesterday, but that was a disaster. The parking lot was so full that I couldn’t even get a parking spot. I drove around for a while then gave up. It was late morning and Friday and I should have known better.

Lori, moving is stressful. At least your husband will be going at the same time as you now. That’s the bright side of being laid off if there is one.

Valerie, I am amazed by people’s behavior during this pandemic, and not just young people. There is such mixed messaging from the top, and many seem to think that the virus is gone. I have not and will not relax my precautions.

Diane Sue, I agree, Start Here is a good add-on workout. I haven’t tried Lindsey yet, but I like it when yoga instructors give good clear directions. That’s one of the things that I like about Jane Adams.

Hello to Deb, Judy, Cathy, and Christina.

No workout yesterday as I shopped. This morning I did ICE Bootcamp Circuit. I like it better than the original Bootcamp, but that may just be because it's shorter! :D Then I did the extended lying stretch from Step Boss.

Valerie, I agree with you. It's nuts that the whole mask wearing has become so political and all it's going to do is get more people killed. Some places are a total mess and already are out of hospital beds. Michigan was down to 74 new cases on June 15 and we moved to the next phase of opening and here we sit two weeks later with 389 yesterday, and it's rising every day. We are doing outdoor activities with masks, but the only time I go inside is to shop. Fortunately, I have yet to see a single person at Whole Foods without a mask, as they are very on top of it, and the other store I go to is 90-95% masks.

Carolyn I had to shop yesterday, because I couldn't go Thursday and it was definitely busier than I like right now. Going back to Thursday whenever possible.

Lori moving is stressful enough under normal circumstances. And I hear you on Florida, it's crazy what's happening there. Glad my sister and her husband are at their condo in the mountains in NC, but my two nephews are still in FL.

Diane Sue, you just keep rocking those workouts! You're a beast!!

Lori , my cousin /wife are moving to AZ soon .. Phoenix area, they are looking at the same situation.... virus has exploded there too. they are concerned. cousin has a bad history or upper respiratory infections so he has hardly been out of his condo since march. only medical appts. He did a trip a week ago to deliver a car and was impressed with the safety/ preventive measures in the hotel. then you go grocery shopping.... and many are without masks! we won't get past this part of the pandemic if 1/3 of the people don't cooperate.
Carolyn, yes the message from the top has been pathetic..... no place to look for leadership there.

I wish more retailers posted "mask required" rules on their doors. Costco has been good. Our activities are outdoors alone so we don't wear masks then, but for all indoor things we mask up. we have not eaten out and will not for the foreseeable future. no one is open anyway.

DH and I just finished watching Ken Burns series on WWII. its not new but its at least 6-8 hours of detailed information about the campaigns around the world. embarrassed to say neither of us have a good history background . it was stunning and eye opening to see the united effort and sacrifices everyone put forth over years, both from all corners of this country and joining with many other nations.. it doesn't feel like we live in the same country anymore. I cant imagine us getting united over anything.

Did Pyramid pump upper body and the ab workout today. thats a good one though I need to up weights on a few moves. maybe using the middle weight 2x and skipping the low weight. I know someone mentioned doing this workout recently but I don't remember who. Thanks.

we are traveling tomorrow.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.