Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 5/5

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Overload version 2, 32 minutes, met 6.5, 192 calories, 2,849 steps, heart rate average 132, max 162. I wore my 8# vest. I then did Raw Step 3, 43 minutes, 338 calories, met 8.3, 4,007 steps, heart rate average 146 max 167. I wore my 8# vest for this and used 1# dumbbells for the boxing moves and 10# dumbbells for the weight segments(there are 4). I finished off with Barre Amped Stretch Lower Body, 20 minutes, 35 calories, met 2.0. Total time was 95 minutes, 565 calories, 6,873 steps.

Today I did Cardio Slam for 49 minutes and 362 calories burned. My average heart rate was 133 and maximum heart rate was 154. I did the premix with the low impact modifications.

Diane Sue, I remember doing the Main Workout + Calorie Crush with Body Weight and Bands. It seemed to need that short addition.

Hello to Deb, Valerie, Judy, and Lori. I hope everyone is having a good day.

Good morning,

Wednesday I went to PT and did the work there. No workout yesterday.

Diane Sue, I was looking at the response about values. I Googled it and It seems pretty complicated and the results can vary a lot right? When people use it, what are they trying to do? Increase it or stay at a certain value? I assume it differs for different types of exercise.

Valerie, welcome back! It sounds like a lovey trip. I like the Logitec keyboard I have for the iPad...it doubles as a stand and although not as good as a desktop, I don't have to use the screen keyboard, which I really don't like. I can only type with 2 fingers with that, and being able to type fast on a keyboard, it is all the more annoying. You just spread the avocado on the toast after toasting like jam or something and add the toppings you mentioned?

Carolyn, good job on S&S Ramped up Upper Body. I like the rotation Cathe put out for May. Do you top your avocado with anything?

Hi to Judy & Lori,

Take care,

Good morning Deb . Avocado should be quite ripe, softer than what you want on top of a salad. Like what you’d use for guacamole. I use a bit of kosher salt. You get a little crunch from that. I’ve heard many use “everything but the bagel “ seasoning from TJ’s . I like a few toasted Pepitas on top on a nice toasty seedy bread . So funny... autocorrect keeps changing pepitas to “Peoria’s”. It’s so simple but so good. DH doesn’t like avocados as much as I do but he likes this and so easy.

I was trying to use the keyboard/ iPad combo when traveling in a car. too slippery and hard to control . Easier to type on a phone screen that I can hang on to . two fingers at best .

Valerie, that was a long ride. I hope you have lots of lovely weather. We have had so much rain. I put in grass seed and it rained so hard. I am hoping it didn't all wash out. I find it annoying when I keep typing a word and it corrects it to something else.

Deb, I just think met values are more a way of calculating how many calories were burned. The problem is with things like low impact or high impact cardio can vary a lot from the met value on the workout manager. It cannot be one value because it is obvious that one low impact workout can be much more agressive than another. Same with one value for 6 inch step. I am guessing they may have figured out more closely on some of the actual Cathe newer workouts as the numbers come out somewhat better. Still a bit hIgh for me. Fitness levels will make a difference. Map my fitness has changed to figuring their burns by met values. I have to do the math which for me figured by my weight 53.18xmet value ÷by time done as the 53.18xmet will give a hour answer. So if thirty minutes I divide by 2. I have a met value chart saved on my tablet and they vary a lot for even 1 type of workout. It is all estimating. My calories burned calculator gives me higher burns than Fit Bit even though I plug my average heart rate and it has my workout level and VO2 max on it. I use the V02 given on my fit bit which is at the top of their list, but not as high as the one I get with the Polar setting when it does the process of lying down etc. To get it. I just know I am close enough, as calories in and burned work for me without weight gain. If I gain weight I know it is because I have not watched how much I am consuming, not the figures.

Carolyn, I have did not like Cardio Slam so much at first, but I quit using the mat for that segment and it has grown on me.

Today I did Stacked Sets Lower Body. My time was 42 minutes and 208 calories burned. I had to run a few errands after that as I get ready for my meeting tomorrow. I am hosting this month which is a little more work for me.

Deb, I like a crusty toast, either seeded bread or sprouted grain bread, and I put the avocado right on the warm toast. I sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. If I am having eggs, I put the egg on top of the avocado. People add different toppings, but I keep mine simple.

Diane Sue, I have looked at MET values, but never got in to using them. Early on I did some calculations, but I decided to keep things simple. I like Cardio Slam quite a bit using the low impact modifications. I don’t mind the mat segment.

Hello to Valerie, Judy, and Lori.

I did Lite Body Weight and Bands Calorie crush time saver skipping the stretch, 14 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 168, 99 calories, met 7.70, 1,154 steps, followed by Lite Metabolic Blast mix that includes the calorie crush, 53 minutes, heart rate average 117, max 158, 2,514 steps, 314 calories, met 6.7 met(my met) ending with Coffey Fit Raw stretch 18 minutes(I did not really have time to finish), 35 calories. Total time was 85 minutes, 448 calories, 3,668 steps. I ran to the store and have to run and need to pick up my granddaughter and take her to her mother's school in a few minutes.

Carolyn, I do not mind the mat portion as long as I don't use a mat with it. I end up with it rolled up and it gets annoying. Hosting the gatherings always adds work.

Hi Everyone,

Tuesday I did an indoor ride and Yin Yoga from Ultimate Yogi. Wednesday I did PHA from Strong & Sweaty.
I think I had a record week for Fitbit steps, over 150,000.

Deb-I'm sorry I didn't see your question sooner. Home Depot doesn't give employee discounts.

I'll be back later. I have to leave for work in a few minutes. Have a great weekend!

Happy Mother's Day!

Judy

No workout for me today. I had a lot to do before my 9:30 meeting and I didn’t want to add unnecessary stress. We had a great time.

Judy, 150,000 steps for the week is amazing! I am usually around 73,000 steps for the week. I think it’s wonderful that you are regularly doing Yin Yoga. I saw that Travis Eliot has a new Yin Yoga program called Flexibility and Beyond. Unfortunately, the practices are too long for me to do them on a regular basis.

Waving hello to Deb, Diane Sue, Lori, and Valerie. Have a wonderful day.

Judy you have totally changed my opinion about people working in warehouse stores. wow. that is a heck of a lot of steps. too bad they don't have some sort of employee discount, but it probably would lead to a lot of pressure to buy things for other people using your discount and get out of hand quickly.

we were supposed to trail ride with cousin and wife this morning but he called at 7 am saying their air conditioning system was leaking all over the floor in their condo and they had a call in for assistance. thought they might be here for lunch anyway, but not a word so far and now its 4 pm. so DH and I did house and garden chores. I had things ready for a lunch after riding. DH and I will get some generous amounts of Asian chicken salad.
we have the garden planted and will have lettuce to harvest soon.

Carolyn-Thank you! Yin Yoga is helping me so much. I purchased the Flexibility and Beyond program and have downloaded all of the videos. I plan to do one tomorrow.

Valerie-I had never thought about getting so many steps working in a warehouse store. It's crazy. Today I spent almost 5 hours watering, which wasn't a lot of steps at all, and I still ended up with over 20,000 steps by the end of the day.

Today I did Kelly's new Raw workout Step Drills and Compound Moves, 41 minutes (actual 37), as I wrote down the weight work. Heart rate average 127 max 175, 248 calories, 2,468 steps. I followed this with Kelly's Cardio Step Kickboxing, horizontal mix skipping the abs, 39 minutes, heart rate average 145, max 181, 3,345 steps, met 9.3, 263 calories. I used the 8 inch step for this today. I ended with Lite extended stretch #2, 13 minutes, 35 calories. Total time was 93 minutes, 546 calories, 5,868 steps.
My husband and I went out to do some shopping and dinner. Family is coming over tomorrow and my son and son in law are making dinner. Grilled chicken and smoked sausage and I do not know what all else. We are also celebrating my grandson's 5th birthday. My daughter made some really cute cupcakes to bring.

Judy, wow! on the steps for the week. I am surprised that Home Depot doesn't give some employee discounts. I know Sprouts does. I have seen some of their employees bring in their discount card when shopping. I just figured most stores gave some perks to their employees. With all the hours you work and steps you get, you are doing amazing at keeping up the workouts.

Carolyn, I wish I could get that many steps. I got 62,846 steps this week, but most weeks I seem to get between 51,000 and 58,000. I do not generally look at my week totals. I just notice when I get an exceptionally high day.

Valerie, too bad your guests didn't make it. Maybe another day? Nice that you have your garden done. The Asian Chicken salad is really good, if that is the same one that you had posted a recipe for. I have that one.

Diane Sue- I would rarely get 10,000 steps a day before I started at Home Depot. I never thought I would see step counts like these.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.