Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 5/29/2022

oday I did a mish mosh of workouts. I started CDorner Cardio Dance-Dance Monkey 15 minutes and decided it was not what I wanted to do, heart rate 112/144, 66 calories, 1,304 steps. To much work learning the moves. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Quick fix which is from another of her newer cardio workouts in her garage, but a shortened version, 19 minutes, heart rate 125/149, 103 calories, 1,383 steps. I followed with Raw glegs and glutes finisher, 20 minutes, heart rate 106/127, 73 calories, 248 steps. I finished with Raw Stretch finisher and the first part of 5 day strength stretch, 20 minutes, heart rate, 77/91, 34 calories.
Total time was 74 minutes, 276 calories, 2,935 steps. I had to call the voter registration county office as the post office seems to have lost our new voter cards I would not have known we were getting them except usps informed delivery had them on it and they changed our polling place. I am glad I saw that. I wonder where the cards went. Odd that they lost both of our cards.
I will be glad when they get done building houses behind us. All day long, music, hammering, concrete trucks, vehicles in and out. No quiet enjoyment going outside except on the weekend, unless they decide to work overtime.
Also the Raw Cardio Quick fix was impact moves, jacks running butt kicker, long jump, speed skater, etc, with a pause in the middle of thrusters and mountain climbers and then back down the ladder.

Legs and Glutes finisher timed

squats 15# dbs 15 reps followed by
non-weight fast squats feet forward and feet angled

front lunge 15# dbs pulses and singles
non-weight lunge reach

reverse lunge 15# dbs down up down
non-weight reverse lunge with reach down toward foot

lunge/side /set alternating sides 10# dbs 6 reps each side then repeated

non-weight split jump/out in jack alternating sides

1 leg bridge no weight
bridge with feet on dumbbells

Judy, I am sure you will enjoy the Garmin Forerunner. I have heard others say how much they liked it. I heard Jessica Smith had new workouts. I have not looked. I should check them out.

Carolyn, nice work with the yoga and Quick Cardio today. Yes, those claps of thunder and the sky lighting up when lightning strikes is kind of scary. My dog handles a little of it, but when you hear a loud crack that makes you jump and power goes out, she runs to me.

Cathy, I have a grandson coming and staying with us for 10 days while his parents go to Hawaii. I have been stocking up. Also I am planning a family gathering on Father's day so planning that as well. I just have a hard time stuffing a pantry and side by side freezer and refrigerator with more stuff. I hope you decided on the nap since Nick's flight was delayed.

Valerie, it is nice that you had decent weather for your ride. The almond croissant sounds delicious. You are lucky you don't have that much lightening there. My Dad always told me that lightening is good as it puts nitrogen in the soil. He had a farm at one time and could have taken over his Dad's farm, but left it to one of his brothers. Power outages are not pleasant.

Today’s workout was Ellen Barrett’s Yogini Sculpt, which is yoga with resistance (light dumbbells). That was 30 minutes and 112 calories burned. My average heart rate was 110 and maximum heart rate was 133. I used 1# dumbbells. These workouts are from Ellen’s 7-Day Challenge. After the yoga I did Jessica Smith’s 15 Minute Fat Blaster, 15 minutes, 120 calories burned, average heart rate 135 and maximum heart rate 161.

Cathy, I hope that you were able to rest a bit while you waited for Nick to arrive. I‘m sure that I would have been too anxious to sleep.

Diane Sue, great job with CDORNER Cardio Dance and Raw Cardio Quick Fix. I hope that your new voter cards arrived and we’re only delayed.

Hello to Valerie and Judy.

the general area here got a lot of lightning yesterday along with thunder and rain. happens more in the mountains and foothills but we can get it, but its not as common as in the middle of the country. today is very wet tho not raining at the moment. can maybe do some garden work today but not worth driving somewhere.

we have a big road project going on as our area continues to "develop". it is right now a frequent source of power interruptions. not sure how long we will tolerate it here. the issue is finding anything any better and at this age I am not thrilled with starting over with a new property, or the process of looking. .

cathy it's a reasonable guess a big percentage of flights are delayed. not sure where the fault lies but bummer on the late arrival. usually pilots can make up some lost time but then it depends on if landing is backed up at destination airport. so glad I dont have to fly all the time anymore. sounds like a good day to take off formal exercise.

I am so whipped. We got home a bit before 1:30 and with the caffeine in me I didn't even bother turning out the light till 2:30, then I woke up at 6:45 half an hour before I needed to wake up. Spent the afternoon doing the zoo, slowly since I was with Derek and he was doing photos and video for his YouTube channel. Nick met up with a couple friends he worked with last year and they went through so fast that he went with them to one of their apartments and hung out and we picked him up when he was done. I got in 10,000+ steps at least. We're doing game night tonight since Derek works all the other days. I'm not going to be any competition.

Diane Sue great job putting together a good workout combo when the first thing you tried didn't work out for you.

Carolyn nice job with Ellen Barrett’s Yogini Sculpt and 15 Minute Fat Blaster.

Valerie it's not easy living with the constant work from never ending development.

Today I did an older workout that I always liked. Les Mills Pump Sports Attack which is one of the 3 bonus cardio workouts, 31:41 minutes, 149 calories, heart rate 119/154, 3,858 steps. I then did Fit Tower Advanced Lean and Mean that I got with my Fit Tower, substituting PT exercises for pull ups and push-ups, also the only ab work I did was the seated side to side with the band. Time for this was 37 minutes, 103 calories, heart rate 95/120, 872 steps. Total time 68 minutes, 252 calories, 4,730 steps. I forgot that the Fit Tower workouts with the tower were all shorter than the usual 1 hour ones. Although the 1 hour ones do have shorter premixes. I used the tower for some of my stretches today.

a tedious day with family issues. I did a lot of cooking and major phone time with nothing really accomplished to show for it. got in stacked upper body. I like one of the scrambled premixes the best.

Today is a rest day. I went to the Farmer’s Market and got some peaches. I had one on my lunch salad with blueberries and it was delicious.

Cathy, it sounds like you had a good day at the zoo. I’m terrible with games so I’m always the observer. I just don’t enjoy them, but my children and grandchildren love game night.

Diane Sue, nice job with the Les Mills Pump and Fit Tower Advance Lean and Mean.

Valerie, sorry about the family issues. Great job with the Stacked Sets Upper Body. I haven’t tried that premix.

Hello to Judy.

Well my morning got off track with Wi-Fi issues as I'd plan to do a live workout. By the time I got it working again, I was really out of the mood and ended up doing P30 Mobility.

Valerie I'm sorry you are having to deal with family issues. Great that you were able to get in a premix from Stacked Upper Body.

Carolyn it's great that you have a Farmer's Market near you. There's nothing on the day I shop and nothing near me.

Diane Sue great time with Pump Sports Attack and Fit Tower Lean and Mean.

Today I did CDorner Step from this morning "Queen" 57 minutes, 116/136 heart rate, 237 calories, 4,291 steps. This one had a lot more cha, cha, cross over the steps and around than most. So, I lost footing quite a bit. She had a woman from Africa and a guy she has had on a few times. He lost his footing and once stepped out of the camera before he came back to get his footing back. After this I did Cathe Perfect Flow Timesaver yoga strength and flexibility, 20 minutes, 33 calories, heart rate 77/97. Total time 77 minutes, 260 calories.
My pulmonologist sent a letter canceling my appointment as she is doing something else in the field due to changes at the heart hospital because of the pandemic impact and restructure of the pulmonary department. So, she sent me 3 suggestions for doctors. Only one works out of that hospital the others are not located close. I guess I have to see what to do about my appointment for the lung scan to check on the nodules. I was supposed to go next month. If I get another pulmonologist, it will be my 3rd since I started being monitored. The first retired. Couldn't blame him.

Cathy, it really does take away the mood when messing with internet issues.

Valerie, scrambled mixes are fun and a nice change. Sorry you are dealing with family issues.

Carolyn, fresh peaches sound yummy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.