Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 4/25

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Strength 1 (cardiovascular acceleration), 33 minutes, heart rate 102/152, 104 calories, 970 steps. I then did Raw glute finisher with the loop band 23 minutes, 59 calories, heart rate 91/112, 310 steps. I wanted some cardio and put on CDorner Cardio Core from today and did only 13 minutes of it and stopped as it did not seem like cardio at all and was basically balancing moves and plank work, heart rate was 108/141, 96 steps, 51 calories. I finished with Cathe Perfect 30 Mobility Basics stretch timesaver, 20 minutes, 32 calories, 33 steps, heart rate 80/95. Total time was 88 minutes, 241 calories, 1,409 steps. It rained a lot again yesterday and last night. My yard is squishy. No need to turn the sprinkler system back on. I was a bit worried about going out to the store, but the roads were not bad. If I saw flooded areas I would have turned around and came back home. We have virtual school tomorrow. I am glad that I had the time to get out to the store. I don't like Walmart, but this one in town is a lot less crowded and the help and patrons are all friendly and nice.

Valerie, I have purchased the basil in cups of water with plastic around it in the produce section of Sprouts. They carry plants and seeds and stuff for gardens inside and out front of the store in the right season. I do not like mint. I see recipes calling for it and I just move on to something else. You could really smell it when we would walk up to my fil's house. Which reminds me , I have an overpriced 2 oz bottle of organic peppermint extract I accidentally bought, thinking it was vanilla. I have tried to pass it on to a family member. I do not like tarragon either. I tried it in a recipe once and it is another item I avoid recipes that use it, or I change the seasoning myself. I have seen it used in some of my paleo cookbooks. Particularly with chicken and fish recipes. I love rosemary, oregano, thyme, and I use dill and sage here and there. I had some dill I got from my daughter and froze. Funny she handed me a bunch of her herbs and said she didn't know what some of it was. I had to smell and taste it myself.
I get that oops message a lot. I have to wait quite awhile before it decides it okay for me to send a message. It is quite annoying.
I can use a lot of basil when I make my own pesto. I hope that your ride was a good one today. Splenda is not a good choice for your sister. She should know all of those desserts will make her feel worse.

Carolyn, I am hoping to try out the grill when we have the family get together next month. Anyway, that is my plan. The stainless steel cleaner and polish if arriving tomorrow. I would like to put out some patio tomatoes and peppers. Some music makes me feel more aggravated than like working out and having fun. I had fun with the footloose cardio one. It was not step though.
Nice work on Amped Up Cardio with Kelly. I always enjoy those.

We did a road ride yesterday, on the paved trail for 25 miles. 2 hrs 15 min. a good ride and saw an osprey . raining today so indoor workout coming up probably weights.

I love homegrown tomatoes. this is not the best climate for them, and some years are a struggle. we grow some cherry types on the deck and bigger ones in the garden. store tomatoes never taste like tomatoes! I stick the basil in around the tomatoes on the deck in a large container. we had big issues with deer so our vegie garden is fenced now. they ate the tomatoes, strawberries and occasionally almost everything else. never predictable. we've never had much trouble with squirrels except getting onto the bird feeder for seeds. I'm willing to share as long as I get some, and we always grow WAY more than we need. homemade pesto is wonderful.

I always have mint available and I've used it sparingly in some things but the flavor can overwhelm so easily. not a fan of dill either. never liked pickles of any kind.

sister got the toothbrush working. not the scale. I cant believe how long it takes to get the simplest things done. I want to make sure it works so we can get an exchange going if needed thru amazon before time runs out. its hard to believe we are from the same house. we have completely different tastes. she is fixated on sweets cookies, cakes. also frustrated with keeping her blood glucose controlled but wont listen to reason. she always had a weight problem. no wonder.

To day I did Metabolic Total Body for 49 minutes and 240 calories burned. My average heart rate was 118 and maximum heart rate was 140.

Valerie, that was a great ride yesterday. It’s funny that we all have the same thoughts about tarragon and dill. Just recently I decided that I should give tarragon another chance. It does come up a lot in fish and chicken recipes.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Strength, the CDorner Cardio Core, and Mobility Basics. I haven’t done enough stretching this week, something I need to rectify.

Hello to Judy, Cathy, and Deb.

it was long long ago for me and tarragon but I dont think I will join you.

I did X train bi's and tri's and the Ab workout #1. tried chin ups again. this will be a long haul. stretches after.

oday I did CDorner 30 minutes Super Fun Cardio workout , 31 minutes, 203 caloeies, heart rate 151/188, 3408 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw boxing finisher, 16 minutes, 94 calories, heart rate 137/163, 789 steps. I finished off with CDorner Neck and Shoulder Stretch, 25 calories, 18 minutes. Total time 65 minutes, 322 calories, 4,197 steps.

I forgot to post my weights and format of Coffey Fit Raw Strength 1 (cardio acceleration)
32 minutes done in 12 reps sets with a cardio or rest between sets step with 4 risers each side or bench
warm up
1 arm dumbbell row 30 # 12 reps
squat knee up or rest 30 sec
repeat
squats 25# dumbbells(Kelly 20#) 12 reps
jog in place or rest
repeat
bench press (Kelly uses 20's) I used 15's being careful with the front of my shoulder 12 reps
cardio jump pump up or rest 30 sec.
repeat
hammer curls 15# dumbbells 12 reps
cardio insoles or rest 30 sec
suitcase deadlifts 20# dumbbells 12 reps
cardio or rest
repeat
lateral raises kelly uses 12's I used 8 # dumbbells
cardio skater move or rest
skullcrushers 12# dumbbells
cardio v sit knee pulls in or rest
repeat
stretch

Today I did Cathe Step Boss Low Impact Hiit, 31 minutes, heart rate 145/172, 187 calories, 2171 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Ripped and Ride December 2020 using the treadclimber and 5,8,10# dumbbells, 35 minutes, heart rate 132/166, 179 calories, 2,237 steps. Total time was 66 minutes, 4,408 steps, 366 calories.
I found the safety key to the Tread Climber in an unlikely place when looking in the garage for weed killer. It was in a basket of garden supplies so I am guessing it fell there in the moving truck or someone found it and put it there. I have one coming from Bowflex that should be here any day. I had ordered one from Amazon and it came without the magnet on it. I still have not received a refund for that one. It won't be much and they should give back the shipping as they charged 7 dollars for shipping and charged 3 dollars for the key.

I took a rest day today. I had a lot to get done and this is the first time that I have stopped. I didn’t expect to be so busy, but it just seemed to work out that way.

Diane Sue, it good that you found your key for the Tread Climber. It’s annoying when it cost more to return an item than to just keep it.

Waving hello to Everyone. I hope that you are having a nice day.

We are doing a garden day so no formal workout . We had a tree fall back in about January, finishing the clean up. If fell on top of group of large shrubs breaking and flattening some. it wasn’t easy to tell what survived until now when things leaf out. Most survived but dead branches needed pruning. Also planted beets. I love the golden beets. I don’t like red ones. Golden are less sweet and less messy. I roast them in small chunks tossed with a bit of olive oil. I try to venture out of the carrots, corn, peas rut.

I've been trying middle eastern dishes and tried a quinoa salad with sumac. I can't taste anything. sometimes I need strong flavors but this has me baffled. I can't taste a thing. I didn't follow the recipe exactly but left out a few things that would not have made a difference. like artichoke hearts. I don't find they add much flavor for the calories. Anyone have thoughts about sumac?

Kind of an insult when shipping corts more than 2x what the item does.

Hope to ride tomorrow early. Tulip fields are still blooming.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.