Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 3/22

I'm trying to shop at non busy times and sadly the senior hours draw people like crazy around here. I will still shop early mornings on 'non senior" days as they are so far less busy. If I do Costco again I will do reg business hours later in the day and see how the crowds are.
Deb frustrating not knowing what’s going on with your Kylee.
I agree on not letting apps track every move. I try not to allow 'locating". Still phone knows where I am all the time, and if you look up anything, you will be inundated with ads selling whatever it is.

I made a maya kaimal simmer sauce dinner, one of the very few pre made things I ever use and DH made such a fuss I cant use it anymore. I only do it a couple times a year. add tofu, peas, sweet potato, green beans to it and have it over brown rice. you would think I fed him rat poison or toxic waste dump residue. arrgh! its so good and I hardly ever get Indian food. especially now with all restaurants closed. this is the only way I could enjoy it. I quit.

Last edited:
This morning I wanted to see check and see if my cardiovascular system was still working well so did Coffey Fit Real Raw #2 cardio hiit. I flew through it and did not modify. It has loads of jacks, air jacks, tuck jumps, squat thrusts side to side. Even Kelly dropped out and modified once in awhile so I felt good about it. Kelly has a warning about that workout on the description about it being high impact. She does have some modifications though. Only thing is my Versa 2 had me at 90 bpm when I was doing tuck jumps. I was breathing hard and sweating. I paused and switched it to my right arm and it picked up a bit. I still believe it is not correct or I am in excellent superior shape and I doubt that. Once it showed no heart rate when I looked at it. Anyway, that workout was 37 minutes, heart rate 129/157, 199 calories, 3,481 steps. I finished off with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Neck and Shoulders, 19 minutes, 21 calories. Total time 56 minutes, 220 calories.
I am tired today. We went to Crest Foods at 2 am this morning and they had plenty of stock. A few things with a not to take only 1 package on them, but no problem finding anything other than I could not find blueberries. There were a few people in there, but most were employees stocking shelves. It was an in and run through and out. No waiting at all. I don't usually shop there, but they had some great prices. I carried the hand sanitizer in my pocket and we used it in and out. I changed packaging and wiped everything down before putting it away. They are the only 24 hour store open right now that I know of. Walmart lowered their hours and Sprouts is only open 7-8. They want their employees to get enough rest and something about working to keep things well stocked. I have not been there since all of this started, and staying up late and working with my husbands schedule makes it hard to get there. I didn't get the salmon I wanted though. I only saw it in the freezer section and that is usually awful tasting salmon. I have Walmart brand in the freezer in the garage that I won't eat. I will wait till I can order or get it from Sprouts meat counter.

Valerie, I would imagine shopping is worse for you there than here. So far as far as lines I have not seen any long lines anywhere. I washed off my wallet and purse when I came home last night. Everything I could think might be touched. I even sprayed a antiviral spray on my grocery receipt. I kept having to rewash my hands. Will that sauce freeze? I love Indian food. I am kind of funny about how sweet potatoes are cooked and the texture. Prefer roasted of saute.

Deb, I had to allow my location too. You can shut it off and turn it on when you wish to sync I think. I turn my bluetooth off a lot of the time. I find it disconcerting getting a report from Google with a list of my places I have been to over the last month. So, I have been manipulating settings on my phone. I don't like being followed around and I am sure they sell the info for sales and the like. I did not use Google on my new laptop, because I don't really like my devices all pulling information. I want to sync it myself it I want it there. I keep locations off for Google Maps unless I am using it. It is a real headache.
Poor Kylee, I hope he gets the consult with someone else done quickly so he can provide the medicine needed.

Carolyn, I often with spiralize or dice up zucchini, sweet potatoes, and peppers and put part in the freezer. Cardio Party is such a fun workout.

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday was a rest day. I have worked out every day since I was laid off on the 16th. Started working out, but just wasn’t feeling it.

I need to keep active, so easy to gain weight while home with Bob. My husband is a bad influence!!!! Yesterday, I had some over ripe bananas - so I decided to try out a banana bread in the instant pot. I did try to make it a little more healthier..I substituted almond flour for all purpose and used Truvia sugar blend. It came out pretty good, center took a while to cook thru. Think it would be perfect in a bundt pan...going to find one for my instant pot before I make it again. Husband loved it regardless! :)

Deb...thinking of Kylee and hope all is well soon. How are you holding up? we would be a mess if GiGi was ill.

I too have been taking extreme caution when I need to go out and I just mentioned to Bob, when I come home I am immediately changing my clothes. Had to pick up a prescription for him yesterday. Hated being out.

Those lines at the grocery stores can’t be helping things. I will not wait that long next to anyone!!!!!

have a great day all!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Tuesday I did Live #196 Toasted Trisets Upper Body and yesterday I did Live #65 Legs & Glutes. I've been trying to decide if I want to continue with Live or switch to DVD workouts next week. I was thinking of doing a week of KCM's Raw Strength program too.

Deb-Great job with "all in upper" and the treadmill workout. I hope Kylee will be ok. Hopefully you can get the medicine for her and that will help.

Diane Sue-Nice workouts! We will probably need to do a grocery run this weekend or place an order for a few things. I might try placing an order with Whole Foods or Plum Market that we can pick up.

Carolyn-Great workouts this week! Are you doing the monthly rotation? Fresh produce is a problem. We'll probably have to get out this weekend and see what we can get.

Valerie-I placed a Costco order yesterday. Even with the stay at home order the stores here are still busy. I didn't like shopping there under normal conditions but I wouldn't even think of it now. I am taking this very seriously too and with the population density in this area, I don't want to go into any stores now. I hope things start to get better soon.

Lori-Great job with the workouts! I feel like I will need a rest day soon too. The banana bread sounds good and healthy.

Take care,

Judy

Good morning,

Yesterday's iTread ended up being 36 minutes, 256 calories, along with 10.692 steps for the day. Today I did Live "Fit Legs" 44 minutes, 315 calories. That had to be one of the hardest lower body workouts I have done in a long time. I don't think she took one water break, barely an 8 count rest between groups of exercises. All of a sudden, my FitBit is synching. Maybe I accidentally let it know my location. Who knows?

Cathe is doing free workouts from her FB page. She had a real Beginner level one I saw yesterday. It was a mix of cardio and weights. She is amazing.

Valerie, that is too bad about the meal you made and your DH's not liking it. That reminds me that we have a couple jars of some Indian sauces we can use as well. I had to get my car inspected today....completely forgot about it with all that is going on. The dealer called me yesterday to remind me that it was due the end of the month. Yikes! The dealer ship was great though.....they had a barrier between the counter and where you stand, all employees had gloves on, etc. We made sure we wore gloves, and had wipes with us for anything we touched. I also went over the car with wipes before driving home. Made sure I cleaned anything the mechanic would touch, or anyone moving the car.

Diane Sue, great job on that KCM cardio workout! It sounds like your cardiovascular system is working fine. :). Agree, 90 bpm when doing tuck jumps is too low. Maybe not for a 18 year old athlete...LOL...but for us, I agree, something was not measuring correctly. I don't think there are any grocery stores here that are staying open 24 hours. Would love to go at 3 or 4 am, when we are getting up anyway.

Lori, I hear you..everyone I talk to is complaining about how much they are eating. We are doing so much cooking, (at least for us!)...that I think we are eating much better than when we constantly go out to eat. I am trying to be positive about what Kylee's issues may be. More concerned now about why her colon is enlarged. :(

Judy, we were posting at the same time. Nice job with the LiVE workouts! Grocery stores here advertise home delivery, but it is usually a 4 or 5 day wait, and they don't deliver to all zip codes, even ones that are close. Good that you can order from those stores. We have a store a couple blocks from us that we go to all the time. Apparently they are packing and doing their delivery orders from one of their suburb locations, and they don't deliver to our zip code.

Stay safe!

Last edited:
Today I did Pyramid Lower Body, up only premix. That was 44 minutes and 218 calories burned. Average heart rate was 117 and maximum heart rate was 156.

Valerie, I am skipping the senior shopping hours, too, on the few occasions that I need to go out. I don’t like crowds in ordinary times!

Judy, great job with the Live workouts. I’m not doing the March rotation, but I did look at it for workouts that I wanted to do this month.

Diane Sue, it’s always good to know that we haven’t lost our aerobic fitness when we need to cut back a bit. I don’t blame you for not buying the salmon that didn’t appeal to you. I am very fortunate to have discovered Vital Choice some years ago. The quality of their salmon is unbeatable.

Lori, taking a rest day yesterday was smart. I made banana bread last week and we still have some in the freezer. It was chocolate banana bread, so only “heathyish”.

Hello to Deb.

Dh and I have completely different concepts about what is "hot" seasoning. he thinks the moderate sauce is overwhelmingly hot. I think its too mild and automatically add red pepper flakes to warm it up. I never add them to his serving. he likes things saltier, he adds his own salt. anyway, just venting. I love Thai and Indian, he doesn't like either. usually this was Ok but now there are zero restaurants open so I thought he could suffer thru a dinner or two but he whines so much its not worth it. diane sue, I roast the sweet potatoes in small chunks before adding to the sauce so it doesn't get mushy. it works nicely in the sauce.

I think 'when to shop" is a constantly evolving situation. I wont go until next week. will try regular grocery early morning, not the senior mornings that seem to be T and Th. Sat and Sun mornings might be good too, but cant tell unless you try. Shopping carts help distancing between people. even the bars to separate orders on the belt are gone. no one is advertising home delivery here, offer pick up in their lot. I don't want to do that.
I did Low Impact Sweat yesterday, and the ab workout. I still use one riser instead of two. I'm not good at fancy foot work and I don't want to catch a toe on the step edge, but I've gotten to like most of the moves.

90 bpm on tuck jumps is ridiculously low. I don't do those but I'd think closer to 2x that number would be right.

Carolyn, I hope I didn't ask before but I think I did. what word do you use for ww activity points with cathe workouts, especially cardio and weight ones? ab workouts sure aren't worth many points. I get a lot of points for mt biking, hiking, xc skiing but indoor workouts seem under counted.

I ordered my sister a new landline phone with an answering machine. the "new" one she had sitting there for 5 years supposedly was missing parts and she threw it away. I doubt that's true. I will download a manual for the new phone and try to teach her how to use it. o_O I imagine she will get stuck trying to insert the batteries. She has turned into our mother, not a compliment.

Valerie, if I log WW activities manually I would probably enter the cardio and strength separately. If it’s mixed together, I would log as Circuit or Bootcamp. I usually log Ab workouts as yoga or pilates. That’s how I log my exercise on SparkPeople.

Thanks carolyn, I think circuit is the word I used before. blanked out when I was trying to enter LIS yesterday. I think most cathe ab workouts are worth more than 1 activity point. i'll try yoga or pilates. I log it on WW, here, and on a paper calendar.

we went to mt bike this morning. the area has been closed. idiotic to my mind. we usually see absolutely no one during our rides but they were under pressure from the state to close so people wouldn't flock there after everything else being shut down. I don't think that would happen but nobody asked my opinion.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Strong and Lean mix Strong and Lean Intervals which is each body part done with one of the kickbox combos in between. This was 59 minutes (55 actual) heart rate 110/163, 235 calories, 3,552 steps.
Workout weights Uses a barbell, dumbbells, and tubing for each body part and a step for triceps and chest
Biceps- barbell curls 30# , hammer curls double arm/alternating hammer curls 15# dbs, tubing alternating run curls
kickbox
Back-barbell rows 30#, plie 12 # dbs rows, tubing standing scapular squeeze double and singular
lower Body - barbell squats 30# , side to side lunges 15# dumbbells, side to side step tubing
Kickbox
Shoulders-barbell overhead /push press 25# bar, alternating upright row 10# dumbbells, lateral raise front raise tubing singles then doubles
kickbox
Step added
Triceps- barbell dips 30# bar, skull crusher 12# dumbbells, seated kickbacks with tubing
kickbox
Chest- bench press barbell, single arm flys dumbbells 12#, seated fly pec dec tubing

I have been running behind on everything today. I slept till 9:45 this morning. All of this staying up late has worn me out. I actually slept 7 hours and 45 minutes :D I mowed out back yard today. It is getting hot suddenly. Only a few days ago our heater was still running. Yesterday it got to 90 and today close.

Lori, I have not tried banana bread in the instant pot. I will have to do it sometime. I mainly make it for my husband as I only would like it with a crunchy crumb crust and nuts and stuff. I made him some a couple of days ago that had applesauce in it and no oils added. He ate it all so it must have been good. I did put sugar and cinnamon on top when I baked it though. For him I mix half sugar and the equivalent of stevia so he does not get quite so much sugar. He complains when I try making things with all stevia. I tried some of those erythritol sweeteners like swerve in cookies once and they were awful. No one wanted to eat them. So much for the low carb desserts cookbook I bought! Love when I come up with something healthier he will eat.
Exercising is probably a good stress reliever, but you need a rest day once in awhile :)

Judy, I really like Kelly's Raw Strength series of workouts. Our Whole Foods is a bit far from me so I would not go there. I was surprised that they delivered here as it is out of their area. Some of the stores like Whole Foods and Sprouts seem to use Insta Cart or some other way to do delivery. I was impressed with Whole Foods service they built a 5.00 tip in that you could add to if you want. I didn't go to the door since I just had my surgery, but it was a younger girl that delivered the groceries. Nothing to do but sign their pad. That was just before it got really insane though. Just started then. Sprouts has a price change on their items for delivered items. I saw that reading their website. Whole Foods was free for the first delivery.

Deb, I always figure that something outside took over my device. I find it weird when I shut down and find my phone with some app open that I wasn't using. Let alone being attached to my Fit Bit. The Versa 2 has wifi and does not need to have Bluetooth paired to it. I was thinking maybe I needed to add it to my Bluetooth since every time I shut off and on Bluetooth it pops up the Blaze. But then I remembered I had to set it up with our internet. I just thought maybe the Blaze was conflicting.
My car is due for an oil change and keeps reminding me. My husband has the filter and air cleaner here because the places do not always have one for the Chevy Spark. Same with the battery. We had to drive across town to get one. Every time I get in the car the light pops on to change the oil. I had wondered if places would be open. My husband took his to one of those places that you can sit in the car and they will do it with you in the car though.
I think grocery delivery orders have started being longer waits,(here too) because they have to have enough stock to get the orders together and keeping shelves stocked is tough right now. Many are hiring for stocking shelves. Crest Foods say they have deliveries daily to try to keep up. I wonder if business will die and it will be pretty dead in the grocery stores when this is over since so many will have lots of stock.

Carolyn, I have Vital Choice bookmarked and have looked over their website. Still have not tried it yet though. Normally it is really good at Sprouts, but one time I got some and it seemed slimy and like it had fat on it?? I tried cooking it to death to eat it. Anyway, after that I did not purchase for quite a long time. Now I point out the one that I want them to cut for me. Fish is not something to mess with as far as bad taste. Walmart frozen tastes bad no matter how many seasoning I put on them. Crowds in the stores give me a headache and I find myself grabbing stuff and forgetting things just so I can get out of the store. That is the reason the large Walmart super center I save for once every about 6 weeks so I can get things I need that I don't get in the other stores. Although I am finding I can pick up a few things online and Dollar store and then do groceries at Sprouts most of the time.

Valerie, I will have to try roasting the sweet potatoes first next time. I have so many recipes that are healthier, but I always worry about the mushy sweet potatoes. I have found some spicy sauces are good over spiralized sweet potatoes that have been saute in a skillet for a bit till they start to brown. But, had not thought of that when cooking a dish with them in it. My husband and I have different tastes too. He always says he does not like spicy. He asks at restaurants not to put spice seasoning on his french fries. He like salt too. He hates pepper and seems to be able to spot specks of pepper on stuff that I can't even taste it on. Although he does like chili though, but I have make it and there is no added chunks of tomatoes or onions or anything like that when I make it for him. I love it with substance and taste myself. I don't often cook us the same thing. I have things planned around cooking his meal and mine. I freeze things and precook or cut up some items for the next day. So it works out. You are about right for what I used to get for workouts like I did yesterday. Generally a heart rate of around 170 at least doing all of those high impact hiit moves. It is a bit frustrating having a watch that is not accurate. People that have gotten their replaced seem to be saying the next one started out good and then did the same thing. How do you come up missing parts to a cell phone? I thought they were all one piece.

My husband was talking to a friend about not going to a restaurant because they are not open. He mentioned the different delivery services and there are those that are doing pick up, just to try to keep their businesses going. I feel so sorry for everyone and their jobs. School buildings are shut down till the end of the semester. They are still trying to figure out how they are going to do it. Non essential things are shut down. My daughter says they are checking to see if dermatology is in that category. They have skin cancer patients, she said she had one in particular she needs to come back in for a check. Are they supposed to let those things go for now? I don't know how it is going since I talked to her a couple of days ago. The governor also put in some order about seniors staying in lockdown. I sure don't know how they plan on enforcing that. They are not going to go around and id everyone. Besides there isn't much of anywhere to go.

Last edited:
Good morning,

Today I did Walk Fit Vol 1 on the treadmill, 32 minutes, 242 calories.

Carolyn, never have had chocolate banana bread, it sounds delicious. :)

Valerie, funny about "hot" seasoned food. I used to love it when I was younger, but my tastes have gone to more mild things. Did your DH ever like spicier food? The other day we decided to use an enchilada sauce over some frozen tamales we had. The can said "mild" on it. It was a red sauce, and when we tried the food after it was finished, neither of us could eat it. It was blazing hot! John likes things somewhat hotter than me, but he couldn't eat it either. Looking at the ingredients on the can, there were no tomatoes in it at all...the 1st ingredient was red peppers....assume the hot ones....LOL. Needless to say, we tossed the other 2 cans we had in the cupboard. One of them actually had "medium" on the label. I can't imagine how that one was. I hope you have luck training your sister to use that new phone.

Diane Sue, great sleep! Maybe you need to adjust your bedtime/wake time to those that made you sleep so well.....that and mowing the lawn. Wow, 90 degrees! That is a big jump in temp! There is a dermatologist in John's building that looks like they are open as "business as usual". I think anything medical in NYS is considered "essential" I can see that cancer patients would need to be seen. Not sure about acne teens..?

Hi to Judy & Lori,

Stay safe

This morning I did Rev’d Up Rumble for 41 minutes and 295 calories burned. My average heart rate was 129 and maximum heart rate was 151.

Well, I ventured out to the grocery store this morning. It wasn’t during the senior hours, but it was still early. The store wasn’t crowded at all and the shelves were better stocked than last week. Still no paper products or disinfectants. At some point people will decide that they have enough toilet paper!

Deb, good job with your treadmill walk. The banana bread has cocoa powder and some chopped bittersweet chocolate. We treat it like a dessert. It’s a fairly common recipe variation. Some people just add chocolate chips to their banana bread.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Deb I always liked hot spicy food. I like it more the older I get. I add seasoning to my portion. DH never liked spicy but he is more timid lately. he gets heartburn and reflux issues so I accommodate as best I can but sometimes its such mild things that are trouble that I cant even guess. he eats sweet and salty things than I can't stand. (maybe this is why he needs 3 BP meds?) I add a bit of heat rather than salt.
I've had cans of enchilada sauce and chilies that were mislabeled, saying "mild" when they were not. I usually take a tiny taste myself before adding to a recipe. I know if there is any heat, DH will complain. most jalapenos are mild as green peppers, but occasionally there is an "outlier". I always check. and never touch face or eyes if you chop chilies.

Diane sue when I do sweet potatoes I peel and dice them into even sizes, toss with a bit of olive oil and chili powder, and roast on a sheet of parchment. about 30 min at 400. depends on how big the pieces are and how done you want them. I do many vegetables this way. sweet potatoes carmelize on the outsides while insides are soft. they stay firm in sauces or plain. sweet potatoes stick to a regular roasting pan making a cleaning mess. I always use parchment. you can pick paper right off the pan, pour the vegies pieces where you want them. nothing sticks. its so easy! I make many vegetables like this.

Diane sue, cordless landline phone. I gave up on the cell phone. she'll learn that when pigs fly. she said this was an "unopened phone from about 2015 her daughter gave her. suddenly it "was missing parts". possibly her daughter gave her a previously used phone system. it was a 2 phone/answering machine, two charger stands, with cords. she threw it all out without checking with me.:rolleyes: I ordered a new phone and maybe I can talk her thru setting it up. her existing phone doesn't hold a charge well anymore, and she needs an answering machine. this is like watching time warp movie, you are transported back to 1955 and every scrap of technology disappears. I expect this will be difficult but I have a Panasonic system here and buttons are similar. I downloaded the manual that (I hope) comes with the phone. a lot of equipment assume you will look it instructions online.

I have so much time home bound! I keep the landline for reasons. we need the landline for our security system for one thing. we will upgrade eventually but security system is never a smooth process and its working fine lately so why upset the process. plus upgrade is expensive. when I order things for my sister, it is easier ….phone on my shoulder while I type or search. I detest head sets/ear bud devices. I have tiny ears and they hurt, fall out, never fit.

Yesterday I rode around our hilly neighborhood for 40 min on the mt bike. later I did warm up and MM back from the LIS disk. we are unable to mt bike until corona closures relax. this will be a while. too much snow in the mountains to bike there, lowland areas are closed.

ETA we had a lot of instances in this state, 800 cases my county, 1600 in seattle/king county. similar to the Florida spring break beach parties, people out close together in huge crowds. it led to much more stringent lockdown. Because so many people abused privileges, we are now faced with these restrictions. I'm angry.... mainly young people caused this by flagrantly violating social distancing requests.

Last edited:
This morning I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Quick Fix both workouts, 45 minutes, 247 calories, heart rate 127/161, 4,795 steps. I then did the Cardio Quick Fix abs, hips, and glutes bonus, 15 minutes, 41 calories, heart rate 101/127, 539 steps followed by Step Boss bonus ab stacker, 9 minutes, 20 calories, heart rate 98/115, 97 steps. I finished with Step Boss extended lying stretch, 10 minutes, 10 calories, 8 steps. Total time was 80 minutes, 339 calories, 5,439 steps. I have checked my heart rate by taking my pulse and using my timer on my tablet and sitting and right after my workout the heart rates were close within 2 beats. I don't get it really. I have not tried stopping midst a really high impact segment though. I would need to catch my breath before I could do that and by the time I got started it would significantly be lower.
We had a hard hailstorm right when I was bathing. My dog started whining and barking so I opened the bath door so she could see I was there. She settled and laid her head inside the doorway(not allowed in the bathroom). It was big hail. Totally unexpected. None of the weather apps or my watch predicted it. It woke my husband up and he came to talk to me about it. He went back to bed as he works tonight. You could see hail damage on cars that neighbors had outside. Glad I put mine back in the garage after mowing yesterday.
I quickly got ready and ran to Sprouts around the corner, figuring they would not be all that busy. It was not bad at all. I got most of what I wanted other than single bottles of water and forgetting to check on the hand soap. I am picky about my hand soap and Sprouts is generally the only place I purchase for my bathroom. I got salmon and will cook up some with some roasted or steamed broccoli this evening.

Carolyn, the have paper goods in stock in the two stores I have been in this week. You would think people would have plenty now.

Deb, my daughter says they can still be open for business. They only have a few patients that cancelled. I think that dentists can still be open as well. Like my daughter says, they can't stay open just for emergency dental work and keep up costs. I have not checked with my dentist office. Teens and acne, probably don't need to go in. My daughter seems to treat a lot of skin cancers and have a lot of elderly patients. That is weird about that enchilada sauce. I remember buying one at Sprouts that was pretty spicy. My husband wanted to know what I did different since he does not like that hot spicy stuff. I generally by the powdered mix, or make my own spice mix with tomato sauce. I wish I could sleep more like that. I get so much more done and feel a lot more productive than dragging myself through the day.

Valerie, I read an article from ABC news where a man did a hot chili pepper eating contest and ended up with a massive headache. They did all kinds of tests and found narrowing of some of his brains arteries. With time it went back to normal. Just made me think about the different things that hot spicy foods can cause that are negative. Like causing sleeplessness if eating near bed time, I guess it can lower blood pressure though because people that like spicy hot food become more sensitive to salt. I love spicy food :)
I roast on parchment paper and generally toss with a bit of olive or avocado oil too. Chili powder would be good. I usually use garlic .
You would think she could figure out a landline phone system. You are so nice to get her another one. I threw all of our landline phone systems in the trash. We kept a landline when my husband needed to be able to call out in emergency situations if power went out. He needed to be able to stay in touch with his guys at work to tell them what to do and get information. It is so warm, I took the blanket off the bed before I crawled in and turned on the ceiling fan. This is hot for just starting spring.

I did rock em sock em kickbox and the ab workout. That one is so much harder than revd up rumble . I need to see if there is a premix that limits the jumping. I just do small vertical jumps. No flying angels butmodify.
Sister got the phone but said she was sick so would not do it today. Amazon delivery was faster than it said. The first challenge will be putting the batteries in and then it will Need to charge.

My birthday is Monday. No dinner out maybe I can have some ice cream. I make a chocolate zucchini bread. I do a banana bread that has lime and a crunchy topping. Jamaican banana bread.

Good morning,

Taking a rest day today.

Carolyn, we have done a few trips to the store.....did you feel uneasy? I did. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I agree, if people would stop buying in ridiculous quantities, the stores would be able to stock the shelves like they normally do.

Valerie, Happy (early) Birthday! I commend you for your patience with helping your sister! It has to be so frustrating not only doing it at a distance, but with someone that is not cooperative at all. We keep our landline for security as well, especially with 911 calls. They can supposedly track where they come from easier with a landline. Also, I think I mentioned this before, it is easy if you are away to call your house and if the answering machine comes on, you know your house has power. We just did this not long ago when we were away and there was a big power outage in our area. I was ready to call my brother and ask him to check the house. We didn't have to.

Diane Sue, such strange weather! A hailstorm after 90 degrees! Poor Gertie! Yes, dentists can still be open, under the "medical" exemption, however John's Dental Association and others he has spoken with are advising against it. He will see someone in a real emergency if he as to. So far none have called with anything like that.

Hi to Judy & Lori

Stay safe.

This morning I did ICE Metabolic Total Body for 51 minutes and 291 calories burned. My average heart rate was 120 and maximum heart rate was 149.

Deb, yes, I didn’t like being in the grocery store. The store has marked the floor to show people where to stop their carts in the lines. The are really working hard on the 6 feet between others guidelines. Krogers, well as other stores, are installing plexiglass shields at the cash registers and customer service counters. I think that this pandemic will change many aspects of our daily lives, even after it is over.

Valerie, wishing you an early happy birthday. You can definitely have ice cream! I modify Rock’m Sock’m the same way.

Hello to Diane Sue, Judy, and Lori.

Deb you're right ....I forgot about that. checking for power outs. it also is where my sister leaves her long rambling messages. sometimes she uses the whole message time and calls back and continues. :rolleyes: this is an old system and has options for 1 min or three min. I changed it to one min but DH wanted it back to 3 minutes. so I put it back. yes, she is hard to deal with. I've heard about 911 calls too, because they are more definitely linked to a physical address. thanks for the birthday greetings. this will be a quiet one for sure!
diane sue, yes, you would think she could use a land line system. she has never used an answering machine! when I say "time warp" I'm not kidding. How could anyone be an adult with a telephone and a job and drive a car and not use an answering machine? no wonder her husband divorced her. He was an IT person. it probably got beyond ridiculous. I am worried this phone may come without a user guide and I will need to print it and mail it to her. if you roast potatoes until they get a crust, they stay intact when you add them to anything with sauce. I don't like mushy potatoes.
DH flushes and sweats when he eats anything "hot". I don't but I add red pepper flakes to a lot of things so maybe I'm used to it. I don't make things ridiculous, just adds a little zip.

DH had dental appts but both clinics closed except for emergencies. I know cousin was in to dentist for a implant fix that I personally would have put off, but he seems to not be worried about limiting his exposure. he's been to regular docs several times too.

Today I did Coffey Fit Real Raw 3, with the Real Raw original only back and first set bicep( I stopped because I was messing up cuing and couldn't find my print out), 50 minutes, heart rate 102/149, 1,960 steps, 156 calories. I finished with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga chest and shoulders, 21 minutes, 21 calories, 31 steps. Total time was 71 minutes, 177 calories, 1,991 steps.
Real Raw original 1 arm row 20# right 17 reps left 17 reps 2nd set 15#
Biceps curls did 1 set 17.5# right and 17.5 # left
Real Raw 3
one arm back row
right arm then left arm 20# dumbbell 22 reps set 2 20# 20 reps set 3 15# 18 reps
one arm chest press 12 # all 3 sets 12 reps set 2 and 3 has leg movement as well
one arm biceps curl 15# 18 reps, 12# 11 reps. 12# 11 reps (balance on leg set 2&3)
lateral rise 10# dumbbells 18 reps, 10# balance right 7 reps, 10# balance left 8 reps
squat unweighted 19 reps, weighted 1 leg squat 15# dbs 16reps right and left, side to side narrow squat 15# db 16 reps
Double arm kickbacks 10# dbs 14 reps, 10# dbs 16 reps 1 leg back, 10# dbs 16 reps other leg back
side to side bench jumps both feet, 1 foot, both onto step and off
burn out circuit # 1
alternating bentover row 8# dbs
palms up chest press 8's
alternating hammer 8's
alternating front raise 8's triceps overhead extension 8's
burn out circuit #2
alternating bent over row 10# dbs
pec dec 8# dbs
alternating hammer curl 10# dbs
overhead triceps extension 8# dbs
butterfly press 8# dbs

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.