Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 3/22

Hi Everyone,

Thursday I did Live #70 Strong Upper Body Express, yesterday I did Live #114 Cross Fire Quick Fix + Core and today I did Live #206 Cycle Mania plus Core Max #1 and a short Peloton yoga.

Deb-I feel very uneasy going into a store now. It feels like you are walking into a dangerous, unknown situation. I agree with Carolyn, I think many aspects of our lives will change once we this is over. I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable being in a crowded store again.

Valerie-Happy early Birthday! I hope you have a great day! I agree about not going to the dentist right now unless it's an emergency. Chris's doctor's appointment was rescheduled to April 14th and I think that is way too soon, especially in metro Detroit. If they don't cancel it again (it's been cancelled twice due to the virus situation) I'm going to insist that he reschedule to later this summer.
Wayne County (Detroit) has also had many people downtown flagrantly violating the stay at home order/social distancing and no doubt is much of the reason Detroit is now a "hot spot". I am sure we will have a complete lockdown here by next week.

Diane Sue-Nice workouts! I think I'll be ready to switch to Kelly's Raw strength in another week or so.
We have had rain and storms all day today.

Carolyn-Great workouts! There still isn't any toilet paper in stores around here. I did manage to order some from Amazon and we are pretty well stocked. That's another thing that I think will change after this is over. Anytime there is something about illness/flu/virus on the news, people will be running to the stores and stockpiling everything they can.

Hi to Lori,

Take care,

Judy

Valerie, the Jamaican Banana Bread sounds really good. I made a chocolate zucchini bread before that was grain free and had some dark chocolate chips in it. My grandson loved it. This is the 8 year old. He kept asking for more. I still try to not make too many things that I will want to indulge in too much of. I think if someone wants to take chances with their own lives then it is up to them as long as they are not taking chances with other peoples. My daughter had an elderly patient that was angry because he does volunteer dog walking and helping at a dog facility. They are letting others do it, but to him they are discriminating on old people by not letting him come walk dogs. I feel kind of sorry for him since that is one of the things he loves to do. I need to make my routine dental appointment, but plan on waiting awhile. Even if they are open. I was supposed to go before I had my surgery and the hygienist had some kind of procedure done and they wanted to reschedule. I told them I would call back.
I sure hope that you sister can learn how to use an answering machine. It is hard to believe there are people that have never used those things. Particularly when it is near impossible to do anything without technology. So does she do medicare by mail?? How in the world does she deal with insurance and stuff?
I hope you have a pleasant birthday and can enjoy something special.
I feel uneasy when I go in the stores. When I went with my husband in the wee hours of the morning it sort of seemed surreal. Then as far as social distancing and being tired, I flubbed and tripped over a stockers foot when he backed up from the floor while I was reaching for tuna above him. I caught myself and put my hand on his back and apologized and then was feeling some sort of terror and wanting to hurry and get out of the store.

Deb, that storm and the ones they say are coming in that can be severe,(although they generally make things sound really bad and their not) make me worry about ones that knock out power and damage property and areas. A tornado at this time anywhere that causes a lot of damage could be even more devastating with our lack of supplies and medical equipment. I think it is good if there is still someone there to help in emergency situations. I don't imagine there are that many for dental and plastic surgeons right now. Maybe if someone hoards all of the toothpaste there would be ;) I am kind of getting tired of hearing about it non stop. One time something sounds like it is getting better, another person comes out and it sounds really bad. I think scaring people is wrong. I wish everyone would do their part so we can all get through this faster.
It has been so hot and poor Gertie is not lying on her dog bed, but the bare floor where it is cooler. We turned on fans and she will lay in the path of the fans. Spring time shedding has started. I am not ready to turn on the air yet. We have had freezes this time of the year after a heat wave. That is why it is not the time to plant most things yet.

Carolyn, I have thought how much this pandemic will alter things from now on. Too bad as I like the ability to not look through shields at people and not have to worry about being in a large group. I want to go back inside the church and not do church on facebook. We can go if we ask and there are the correct amount of people counting pastor his wife and daughter who would play the piano along with the sound and camera person. We can request, but health comes first. I think we would be okay, but with my allergies and coughing, I just don't want to do it. The allergies kind of keeps me from wanting to go to the grocery store because I might frighten people or they will want to kick me out or something. I really rushed when I went to Sprouts. Used Flonase before and put a cough drop in my mouth as I knew I could not dig in my pocket and open a cough drop after I touched things in the store. It is really frustrating. I eyed Ice Metabolic. It would have been interesting to see what my results were since we both used to be similar till I got the new watch.

Judy, I wish people would get past their insecurity and need to stock pile. I got a pack of toilet paper from Amazon. It took awhile. I have tried some other things lately like hand soap and cant get them till next month. I wish I would have remembered when I was rushing through Sprouts, but I am not running to the store for 1 or 2 items. It will have to wait and I will use bar soap if I have to. Amazon is prioritizing deliveries for most needed things, so some items I want are in stock, they just aren't shipping them till mid April to May. I can get some things like my hair color delivered from Whole Foods, but I would have to spend enough and pay for delivery and tip, so that is a no right now.
I don't like the bad storms. Sitting at home, I don't feel so anxious, but I do about going out. I really enjoy the variety in Kelly's Raw workouts.

Our auto repair shop we use texted today and said if anyone needs work done on their vehicles to just leave the car and drop the keys in the slot (labeled of course) and let them know what needs done. I guess that means they won't do their curtesy drive you home or to work and pick you up. They are so nice there and know us well after that Range Rover. We use them all of the time and really trust them.

I did a 35 min Pedal Power spin and interspersed 100 knee push ups.

no idea how my sister gets things done. she talks on the phone a lot. she has to go in person to a lot of things. it is really inefficient. she uses snail mail. her main contact with others is the telephone but most people don't want to yap away endlessly like she does. I'm sure that's part of why she never used a machine, she wants to rope everyone into an hour long conversation that consists mostly of her complaining.

I've ordered several things from amazon and all said 4/22 for delivery, even Prime things. I doubt it will take that long but its something to consider if you need something soon.

this will be an event that affects everything after, like 9/11. who would have thought we would have the security measures we now see as necessary. remember the Tylenol poisoning? (I think it was Tylenol) now everything has safety caps and seals that were never thought of before. there is a chance this virus will cycle around regularly and not go away.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.