Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 12/03/2023

I could not have done this alone. I would have needed a 24 hr live in assistant for at least a week. part of the issue is you get discharged from the hospital as fast as possible to keep costs down, but if I were alone I would have needed to go to a care center next. I'm in pretty decent shape but I could barely get to the bathroom alone. I had my (expected) very bad response to pain meds from the procedure with my colon totally shutting down. it was pretty awful. I took no pain meds after leaving the hospital. DH got me through it by keeping me upright when things got ugly, which they did.

oh crap the flooding!. this was a bad one. we live up on high ground but a whole lot of people got flooded out. there was quite a bit of fresh snow in the mountains, and a wet weather front with tons of warm rain moved in. several inches of rain plus the water from all the quickly melting snow filled the rivers .the area we live in was hit the worst. we are not far from the mountains. when its this wet there are a lot of landslides and trees falling, so the trouble may not be over yet.
we had a nice lunch with friends yesterday for my first adventure in public. I can walk pretty well for short distances and sitting in a restaurant is not a problem.

Today I did ICE Chiseled Upper Body and Icy Core 1. My time was 57 minutes and 266 calories burned.

Cathy, nice job with To the Mat Legs and Glutes. I remember avoiding this workout for a long time when the series first came out. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally did it. Yesterday’s problem was due to something that I did wrong. I’m fine today.

Diane Sue, great job with CDorner Step Class and Balance and Mobility.

Valerie, I wondered whet you were affected by the flooding. I’ve been watching the news reports. That’s great that you had a nice lunch outing.

Hello to Judy.

Carolyn, the Stillaguamish river is the one that went crazy. we live on a ridge right above it. our regular bike rides are along it. its a fairly short distance from the mountains so when melting occurred, it gets here first. this was a record setting flood, but it was short in duration. we stayed home since we didn't need to go anywhere so why add to the traffic problem. some years there is no flooding at all, but this was a tough one.

Today I did Total Body Tri-sets Express #! Upper Body Only, 49 minutes, 115 calories, heart rate 90/116. I finished with CDorner 30 day mobility #5 neck and shoulders stretch and # 6 Total Body Morning mobility 27 minutes, 35 calories. Total time 76 minutes, calories burned 150. I upped some of the weights.

STS 2.0 Total Body Tri sets Upper Body
Group 2
Chest Press #1 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly pinkies in #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly thumb to thumb#1 15# dbs 8 reps
Chest Press #2 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly pinkies in #2 15# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly thumb to thumb#2 15# dbs 8 reps

Group 3
Deadlifts #1 30 dbs 8 reps
Pullovers #1 22.5# db 8 reps
Kneeling one arm Row #1 25# db 8 reps
Deadlifts # 2 30# dbs 8 reps
Pullovers #2 22.5# db 8 reps
Kneeling one arm Row #2 25# db 8 reps

Group 4
Triceps close grip bench press #1 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Triceps seated single arm overhead tricep extension #1 10# db 8 reps
Lying triceps extensions #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Triceps close grip bench press #2 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Triceps seated single arm overhead tricep extension #2 10# db 8 reps(did the kickback option)
Lying triceps extensions #2 15# dbs 8 reps

Group 5
seated overhead press #1 10# dbs 8 reps
standing double arm side lateral raise #1 8# dbs 8 reps
kneeling single arm rear delt fly #1 10# db 8 reps
seated overhead press #2 10# dbs 8 reps
standing double arm side lateral raise #2 8# dbs 8 reps
kneeling single arm rear delt fly #2 10# db 8 reps

Group 6
Standing biceps curls #1 15# dbs 8 reps
seated hammer curl #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Seated sweeper curls #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Standing biceps curls #2 15# dbs 8 reps
seated hammer curl #2 15# dbs 8 reps
Seated sweeper curls #2 15# dbs 8 reps

abbreviated stretch (Group 1 and 7 are lower body)

Valerie, you are lucky you live uphill. I hope the flooding stops and no mudslides. My daughter lives up on a hill and when there is heavy rains it flows down her driveway and misses the house. There is nothing on the other side of the street but a deep ravine. I wouldn't want to drive up and down those hills in winter myself.

Carolyn, nice work on Ice Chiseled Upper Body and Core today. I am glad things are okay today. I doesn't take much to throw something off. I have pulled things just getting up off the floor wrong.

This morning I was up early enough to do cardio and ended up doing an hour, but it was piecemeal because I didn't like what I was trying. LOL Then I went shopping.

Diane Sue nice job with CDorner Step Class and Balance and Mobility, Total Body Tri-sets Express #! Upper Body Only and mobility workouts. That's too bad about the electricity going out for a bit, always a pain.

Valerie I'm glad you weren't personally affected by flooding. It can be fast and dangerous if you're caught in it.

Carolyn great job with ICE Chiseled Upper Body and Icy Core 1.

This morning I did the combos from Low Max. It's been a really long time since I've done those, so it was almost like a new workout. LOL Then I did Live Total Body Stability Ball. 45 minutes and she fits in everything including core. Very fast paced. Leg work was all done standing with the stability ball, so shoulders got a lot of work. Now I'm heading to my parents for the afternoon.

we are not living in a risk free place, if such a place even exists! we are on a ridge, not near the sharp drop off of one side, and we have a lot of big trees. tons of rain puts us and our neighbors at risk of slides and falling trees. we did not buy property close to the edge of the ridge but its considered stable and there is a row of houses there. neither of us wanted a view of the freeway either. to me, that is not a "view". we have big trees and with a lot of rain and wind there is risk of trees falling and causing damage too so we live with it. this area is at risk for volcanic eruptions ( yes several potential volcanos) and big big earthquakes. like in the 9 range. you cant insure for them and much smaller ones could cause big damage. . we live with the risk. I could not live in areas with tornados. those scare me more than anything. we don't have hurricanes and generally are not at risk for fires although that might change as global warming accelerates. the coldest it might get in winter is the teens and seldom for long. we get snow but not every year. so its all a trade off.

did a lot of shopping yesterday with walking so did 20 min on the bike later.

This morning I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast which was 49 minutes and 265 calories burned. My average heart rate was 121 and maximum heart rate was 148. I had to remember to get the heart rate ranges from my Fitbit before I click out of the workout. It doesn’t come up on the app that way anymore, something that really annoys me.

Diane Sue, great job with Total Body Trisets express upper body only and the CDorner Mobility.

Cathy, great job with the Low Max combos and Live Total Body Stability Ball. Getting up early enough to work out before shopping is an accomplishment.

Valerie, I’m glad that you aren’t directly in the path of wea events. You’re right, every region has its own risks.

Waving hello to Judy.

Wednesday I did 30 minutes of rowing and 10 minutes of arm work. Yesterday I did LiTe Pyramid Pump-No Disc Premix, a 7 minute segment from Ab Hits and 10 minutes of rowing. Today I did a 45 minute Peloton ride.

Diane Sue-Great job with Raw Heavy Bag 4, the STS 2 workouts, CDorner Step Class #341, CDorner Balance & Mobility, Total Body Tri-sets Express and the CDorner Mobility workouts. I like the idea of not having more than 2 appointments in one month. This week was unpleasant with so many medical appointments and I’d rather not do that again. I have my dental checkup Monday and am hoping I won’t need another root canal right away.

Carolyn-I’m sorry about your leg. I’m glad it’s better now. Great job with ICE Chiseled Upper Body and Icy Core 1 and Chiseled Lower Body Blast. I love that series.

Valerie-Great job with the progress you are making. It seems like your recovery is going very well. I’m glad that the flooding didn’t cause too many problems for you. You are right that every place has its own risks.

Cathy-Great job with ICE to the Mat: Legs and Glutes, your cardio workout, the combos from Low Max and Live Total Body Stability Ball.

Today I did STS 2.0 Total Body Trisets Express Lower Body, 23 minutes 91 calories, heart rate 107/124, heart rate 114/153. I followed this with STS 2.0 Lower Body 2 bonuses. I have not done those as they are really not favorite moves. This was 18 minutes, 65 calories, heart rate 127/124. I finished with CDorner Day 26 leg stretches after workout, and day 29 hips and lower back 27 minutes, 42 calories. Total time was 68 minutes, 198 calories.

No workout for me today. I had my investment club meeting this morning.

Judy, great job with rowing, arm work, LiTE Pyramid Pump-no disc premix, Ab hits, and Peloton ride. You seem to be increasing your rowing time.

Diane Sue, great job with Total Body Trisets express Lower Body, Lower Body 2 bonuses, and CDorner stretches.

Hello to Cathy and Valerie. Have a wonderful day everyone.

This morning I did Live Kickboxing Plus Core. Earlier it was almost 60 and I had a few windows cracked, but not that much later what sun we had went away and the temp dropped some. Went from feeling pretty warm, to jacket temps. This morning DH was gone so I went through some stuff tucked back in the laundry room closet, and tossed a bag of stuff in the trash and pulled out a box of old baseball hats, mostly his, and made the mistake of asking him to go through them. Last I knew he had them laid out in the living room in stacks and there they sat. Sigh I should have just tossed them, because they'd been in there so long he'd forgotten about them.

Looks like the new workouts may start shipping in about a week. I'll have access to the downloads before my disks arrive. But, I'm planning on starting the original STS around then, so while I can use the cardio, the others may have to wait. In order to be done with STS before a potential trip to Fort Worth, I need to start then. And, it looks like that trip is on pending weather, because sadly March is not in the clear from winter weather.

Carolyn great job with ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast. I just checked at my Fitbit app shows a chart plus my average, high and low heart rates for my workout. I wonder if it's a premium function now. I just got a new Inspire and have the free trial.

Diane Sue nice job with STS 2.0 Total Body Trisets Express Lower Body.

Judy great job with LiTe Pyramid Pump-No Disc Premix, and the Peloton workouts.

Valerie everyone seems to have what their level of comfort is with potential natural disasters. I have no desire to live where I'd have to deal with hurricanes or earthquakes. Where we are now, the only area that gets wet is a far back corner of our yard if there's a lot of rain, or a big melt. We are up on a bit of a hill and the nearest water is a creek between 1/4-1/2 mile away. We have been impacted by roads nearest flooding but that generally only lasts a couple days because it's just where the creek crosses. There are definitely places in Michigan where flooding can be quite severe, since we have some decent sized rivers.

We went to our nearby park early this morning and walked for an hour with uphill and down, and uneven surfaces. I'm going to try to stick with an hour a day of something. we got done before the rain moved in.

cathy I didn't know about the earthquake potential when I first moved here. I wanted out of the midwest ASAP and I knew I didn't want hot and humid. I landed here. the more I learn about geology, the more significant the risk is here. we have potential for huge earthquakes. I didn't know about plate tectonics back then, but nobody did. it's newer science. DH and I take geology courses. its fascinating to learn about. scary too. we've felt a few earthquakes, one in particular, and of course the eruption of mt st helens. thats one of those events I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when it blew in 1980. there are several large mountains near here that have to potential to destroy a lot of things if they ever become more active. hurricanes and tornadoes will become stronger as the climate warms and of course increased ice melt is raising raise sea levels. goodbye Florida.

Today I did 30 minutes of rowing and worked a 4 hour shift. HD is cutting back hours quite a lot. I’m not scheduled again until 12/19. It’s nice having extra time for working out and taking care of things at home.

Diane Sue-Great job with STS 2.0 Total Body Trisets Express Lower Body, STS 2.0 Lower Body 2 bonuses and the CDorner stretches.

Carolyn-I’ve been trying to increase my rowing gradually. I can definitely feel it, both upper and lower body. I’d like to try a 45 minute row eventually.

Cathy-Great job with Live Kickboxing Plus Core. The weather was crazy today! I think it got up to 60 here. I’m looking forward to the new workouts.

Valerie-Great job with the walk.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.