Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 1/24

Valerie-I have all of Cathe's DVDs, but it's so nice of you to offer to give them away for postage. I'm like Cathy, I have numerous DVDs that I don't really use anymore but I'm not quite ready to give them up.

I'll be back later to get caught up on posting

Reactions: WD
Valerie, I have almost all of Cathe’s dvds also. I like to revisit the older workouts from time to time.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Cathe Live #331 Opposites Attract,62 minutes (56 actual), heart rate 87/114, 1,024 steps, 112 calories. I then did Walk Strong 3 Total Body Stretch, 19 minutes, 20 calories 52 steps. Total time 81 minutes 133 calories, 1076 steps. Kelly filmed a hi/lo workout that she said would be put up on Raw the first part of the February.
Cathe Live # 331 Opposites Attract
56 minutes, weights, tubing, stability ball and mat higher rep
You just do your weights which I guess are timed and do not count repd
Warm Up with tubing and ending with push ups
Chest and Back
ball bench press 15# dbs
dumbbell rows 15# dbs
ball chest flies 15# dbs
band pulls
crossover push ups
pullover 15# dbs ( I used 12#dbs)

Biceps and Triceps
ball seated curls 12# dbs
ball seated overhead triceps extensions 12# dbs
Ball incline curls 10# dbs (changed to 15# dbs)
seesaw push up on ball
preacher curl on ball 12# dbs

Shoulders and abs
ball seated overhead press 12# dbs (me 8# dbs)
stir the pot using tubing
rear shoulders side lying on the ball 2 directions with 5# db
ball exchange
front raise/side raise 5# dbs
knee ins prone on ball
ball oblique twists seated on floor

Legs
15# dbs heels elevated
15# dbs toes elevated deadlifts
plie pulses and 1 1nd 1/2 15# db
crossback lunge all right then all left 15# db
quads seated on the floor holding stability on leg and doing lifts(tougher with a bosu ball)all right then repeat on left
hamstring roll ins with ball
tap walk heels on stability ball for break
supine tubing crossed around feet out thigh single and pulses

Today I did P30 Low Impact HiiT, Pyramid HiiT Bonus, and the Extended Stretch for a total of 48 minutes and 277 calories burned. My average heart rate was 122 and maximum heart rate was 157. The stretch at the end made for a lower average heart rate.

I did curbside pick up for a grocery order this morning and was very annoyed by the experience. First the wait was too long after I arrived at the store. It was over 25 minutes before they brought out my groceries. Then they substituted bagged kale and lettuce for the bunches of produce that I ordered. I never buy precut greens! I have done curbside pick up before without all of these problems, but I probably won’t do it again. Anyway that’s my rant for today .

Diane Sue, great job with Live Opposites Attract and WS3 Total Body Stretch.

Waving hello to everyone and I hope that you have a wonderful day.

I did stacked upper body yesterday right before dinner. about 40 min. this morning we mountain biked the tree farm. its about 7.5 miles and we do it in a 1 hr 30 min plus minus a couple minutes. not very warm out, 38 degrees when we started and it didn't change much. they had cleared the roads of most of the debris that came down in the wind storm 2 weeks ago. its been wet so we both ended up sprayed with mud.

I have not ordered groceries like that. easy to see people shopping for those pick up orders. some folks are meticulous and some are really careless. you can tell by the way some toss things in the cart. I'm a fan of boxed lettuce. I know there's some risk since its where the contamination problems pop up. I love the convenience and I love the mixture of tiny greens of all kinds. I try to grow them myself when its warmer but not always successful. I seem to have either not enough, or too much.

I'm not giving away all my dvds but there are many that I didn't like to begin with, or came in a set where I like some workouts but not others. I didn't make up a list yet.

Today I started with Cathe Live #279, Express your step and finally gave up at 16 minutes when they took a water break, 64 calories, heart rate 103/125, 1,492 steps.
I then did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2 (after rebooting watch and cell phone) 41 minutes, heart rate 117/155(better), 184 calories, 3,713 steps.
I finished with Step Boss Abs #2 10 minutes 19 calories, heart rate 85/91, 175 steps and Ripped with Hiit Abs #1, 10 minutes, 19 calories, heart rate 88/102, 141 steps. Both I forgot what they entailed. Quite a lot of planks and plank jacks etc. Kind of hard on the shoulders. TOTAL TIME 77 minutes, 286 calories, 5,521 steps.
It was another busy day. I have someone coming to look at the house tomorrow and my husband will be working in the afternoon tomorrow. So, Gertie and I will be going to sit at the park. I would do some shopping if I didn't have Gertie along. She keeps wanting to run out and get in the car now. I think she likes to go along with us.

I think that I have every Cathe dvd except the ab compilation that she did. I don't want to give them up. I still pull out my dvds because I like the premixes and things you do not get with streaming services.

Carolyn, I am sorry that your pick up order was not good. We went to Walmart for pick up a few times and I was missing so many things. Although the first couple of times they had the substitution items set aside to see if they were okay and if not took them off the order. So far my Whole Foods delivery is pretty good. I do have a few things that will be unavailable. I pick the substitutes myself online for if something is unavailable. Although some of the suggested subs are ridiculous items. Like if I asked for napkins, why would I want toilet paper or ice cream. I have done it so many times that the items I get every time and have marked subs for, they just put the same subs in. I can change it, but it makes it more convenient. I can also click to just order the same order. But, I do add and change things based on some sales and extras. It sure helps with me having so many things going on right now. I will be happy when I can go shopping myself more though.

Valerie, Whole Foods has been pretty careful with packing orders and choosing items and produce. Walmart not so good. But then again you buy groceries and things are not handled well in the store. I have went out to the car and removed fruit from bags with heavy bottles and cans before. I sometimes put those boxed veggies in my salad spinner and rewash it. It does seem like a lot of extra trouble though. I generally buy kale in bunches and clean and break it up myself. Boxed container salads do not seem to last as long.

I didn’t work out today. I was feeling tired and decided to take a rest day.

Valerie, nice job with Stacked Sets Upper Body and biking on the tree farm. The risk of contamination is the main reason that I avoid cut fruits and vegetables if possible. Also with kale they don’t always remove the stems. They are just cut up with the greens and I don’t like that. It would be fine if I were making a smoothie, but not for sautéing.

Diane Sue, great job with Live Express Your Step and Raw Step. Was the Fitbit the reason that you gave up on the Live workout? If I order for curbside pick up again I will be sure not to allow substitutions. I was annoyed because I suspect that it was easier for the shopper to pick up boxed/bagged produce. That store always has heads of red and green lettuce.

Waving hello to everyone. Have a great day.

Not doing anything so far. Raining out so a cooking day.
The only thing I buy cut is lettuce. I buy head lettuce too but love all those little specialty greens. I don’t buy other pre cut things like butternut squash or fruit. I feel like I reduce risk but don’t remove it. Carolyn I think that’s right, it’s easier to grab a package of something rather than select a head and bag it.

did rock/ sock and the ab workout. Just before dinner.

Last edited:
Yesterday I finished up Meso 1, so this week is cardio, core and stretching. Today I did the Finished Step workout I created. Didn’t do much else beside some basic cleaning and reading. Lazy day.

Where I live the opportunities for ordering groceries is pretty limited. Only one store. And I’ve never done it. A few years back I was a Shipt shopper for awhile but found it more stress than I needed. Hated it when the store was out of something and I had to try to find a good substitute. Buyers had the option of contact so we could text them with options, but some wanted no contact which meant we had to guess. Then people who lived farther from the store than we should have had to go took full advantage. You could spend more than 1/2 hour driving for a small shop with a minimal if anything tip, and we only made 7.5% store receipt (before markup) plus I think $5 and tip. And it was rare for a decent tip. The only people really making money we’re doing 2-3 shops at a time and that was really more stress than I needed. I was in the FB group and there would be horror stories that people heard from their customers about other shoppers. So while some of us were doing everything properly others - not so much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.