Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 1/13

Today I had brunch and game day with friends early and got in Cathe's Lite Cardio Party, 39 minutes, 256 calories, met 5.8, 3,823 steps, heart rate average 132, max 149. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Core Moves, 24 minutes, met 3.0, 79 calories, 240 steps, heart rate average 92, max 118. Total time was 63 minutes, calories burned 325, 4,063 steps. Now I need to clean house and find a present for my grandson as the birthday party is multiple family members this weekend. Also need to figure out more menu items and hit a store again (I think) I think that Cathe's Cardio Party was great a low impact workout. So many have moves that are not so much truly low impact. Just not the bonus cardio workout .

Valerie, LOL, my husband hates coffee. He hates the smell of it brewing. He is always making comments about how nasty coffee is. And I drink mine mostly decaf. I think today I had caffeine overload though. I had my usual Four Sigmatic Lion's Mane mushroom coffee packet this morning which has a little caffeine and then the ladies game day at a Coffee shop where I had two cups. I seriously don't handle it well. I started feeling a bit shaky which is what happens to me. I am glad it didn't last too long. I never saw a juicer attachment for my Cuisinart food processor. I had purchased a holder for the grater and extra slicer attachment. I really do like it though. I have frozen tomato paste in Tablespoon size blops to use as needed because I often end up with recipes that do not use a full can.

Deb, I used all of the lavender collagen, but did not enjoy it. It was easier to mix in a little water and chug it in a gulp to get it down and then drink water. I will post a link when I am done posting. I enjoyed the rest and recovery one again last night. It tastes good. Cardio Party has a lot of boxing moves and is on the floor. The step is the bonus cardio crush workout added to a lot of the dvds as an option. I wanted something quick before I did weights. I have drank black coffees at other's homes when they pull out the sugary creamers. I do not like sweet coffee unless it is a rare treat out like a mocha expresso or something with cream.

Judy, thanks for the suggestion on the lower body Pyramid Pump workout. There were a couple of moves on the upper that I thought I might have erred and went a bit too heavy. Like the front raise. Mostly where shoulders is concerned. Generally it was when I hit the 8 rep set though which was probably okay since it was one time. I thought 3# for what she used it for was really light. But, it is easy to adjust :) I have just copied and pasted the article to word also and it worked fine.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did LITE Stacked Upper Body, 37 minutes, 180 calories. I also logged 11,000+ steps. :)

Valerie, that's too bad that they discontinued the citrus squeezer from that food processor. It sounds like a very useful attachment. Hope you were able to get a ride in before it rained.

Judy, glad you enjoyed Pyramid Pump. There is a thread over on the other forum where someone is saying that this series should have been labeled a "beginner" series. It's funny as I drank coffee with cream since I was a pre-teen, because that is how my mother drank it, and I started drinking coffee sitting on her lap when I was about 5, and taking sips of hers. I probably drank it like that for 30 years, then switched to black. Now I can't even imagine drinking it with cream, or even skim mild. ( unless of course it is a "fancy" one. :)

Carolyn, thanks for the info on Cardio Party. Will you be starting the 30 day rotation? I think I will try that one today. I will probably not do the Calorie Crush add-on, unless I can do it with just the topper and modify the moves to low impact. Also, if there is dancy complicated combos, that is another reason I probably would skip it.

Diane Sue, thanks for the link. Sorry for all the questions, but you are the expert on collagen! I can't find the info on it, except for the Amazon description. Is this for joint support? when they say "rest" is it targeting for muscles/repair? or sleep in some way? I see there is tart cherry juice in it as well. Thanks for the info on cardio party and the calorie crush...I thought there were different Calorie Crush add -ons...I forgot which DVD's you purchased...

Hi to Lori,

Take care,

Deb-Nice job with the LITE workout and the steps! I noticed that thread too. I don't know why anyone would call LITE a beginner series. I feel like it's exactly as described, intermediate as is and can be made more challenging by using added bonuses and higher weights.

Deb its an extremely old food processor that was discontinued years ago. it was a "mini" processor that held about 3 cups, perfect for the amounts I usually cook. it came with the citrus attachment for 3 sizes of fruit. it had a feed tube add on so you could shred or slice larger amounts into another bowl. I used "it" until they died, replacing parts occasionally. I went thru 3 or 4 of them over years. citrus attachment fit later machines but wasn't included. I wouldn't bother using attachment for one or two limes, but with a whole bag of limes, it's great. worked for oranges, lemons, the hated grapefruit. when food processors first came out, they were treated like the instant pot is now; a miracle appliance that does everything.
we are doing a hike early and then shopping errands. I wont get to get a chance to look at the new disks for a while yet.
too funny..my mother used to drink coffee with milk and sugar or saccharine. it tasted so awful I never wanted any. I went direct to black coffee. even as a teen I was calorie conscious. DH and I started liking lattes. I like way less milk and still like black.
I think cathe must face reality. even if she is as fit as ever, her audience is getting older. to sell her "product" there is a need for more flexibility, so people can tailor workouts to fit their needs.

Today I did Cardio Party for 39 minutes and 298 calories burned. My average heart rate was 133 and maximum heart rate was 154. I also did the Extended Stretch #1. Cardio Party reminds me of the type aerobics that we did in classes at my gym before Step took over. I enjoyed it very much.

Judy, I agree that LITE seems to be just as it was advertised. I like what I have seen so far.

Deb, great job with Stacked Upper Body and getting 11,000 steps. I plan to do that workout tomorrow. I’m undecided about starting the LITE rotation now, but I do want to try all of the main workouts. I don’t agree with those who say that LITE is a beginner workout, but I feel that it’s matter of personal perspective . There is enough flexibility to fit any level.

Diane Sue, it looks like we had similar stats from Cardio Party. I had 3,787 steps.

Valerie, I agree that Cathe has to meet the needs of her core audience. She has so many workouts available that we should all be able to find what we like.

Hello to Lori.

Deb, here is a run down on what most of the ingredients do. Several I think help sleep because they help stress, anxiety, immunity, and brain function. Ashwagandha reduces stress, anxiety, insomnia, cortisol levels, blood sugar levels, and may increase strength seen in some studies. Also used for arthritis and inflammation
Some reports say ACV helps sleep
Tart cherry helps increase the availability of Tryptophan and is a precursor to serotonin that helps sleep, helps muscle soreness, arthritis and gout
Beet root reduces inflammation, blood pressure, helps digestion
L-Alanyl-L-glutamine, helps digestion, immunity, activity of the gut, helps during stress, regulates protein synthesis in the muscle
Here is the collagen run down on types
magnesium hydroxide -helps regulate melatonin during sleep wake cycles and calms. Also important for muscle and nerves
Hydrolyzed Bovine Hide Collagen Peptides

The hydrolyzed bovine hide collagen peptides in Multi Collagen Protein are grass fed, cruelty free, hormone free and allergy free (gluten, dairy, tree nuts, egg, soy, peanuts, crustaceans, etc.)

They can:

• Support healthy skin elasticity†
  • Support healthy skin hydration (in combination with other ingredients)†
  • Support healthy skin†
  • Support a healthy gut†
  • Support healthy joint function†
Chicken Collagen Type II from chicken bone broth collagen concentrate can:

• Support joint-health with benefits reported as early as 3 weeks†
  • Support key areas of joint health, including joint comfort, flexibility and physical function†
  • Support healthy joint function†
Hydrolyzed Fish Collagen Peptides from wild pollock can:

• Support healthy skin elasticity†
  • Support healthy skin hydration (in combination with other ingredients)†
Eggshell Membrane Collagen can:

• Support knee comfort and flexibility†
  • Support joint comfort, both rapidly and continuously†
  • Support healthy joint flexibility†
  • Support comfortable range of motion†
  • Support healthy joint recovery after exercise as well as healthy flexibility†
  • Support comfort immediately following exercise†
You get the picture. Your body has more potential to benefit when consuming these many types of collagen, as opposed to consuming just one type or two types.

This morning I started with Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and Drills, 29 minutes, heart rate average 134, max 170, 2,340 steps, met 5.8, 187 calories. I then did Lite Pyramid Lower Body Time saver from the Pyramid dvd, 233 calories, 48 minutes(45 actual) met 4.7, heart rate 112 average, 141 max, 1,263 steps. I finished with Lite extended stretch #1, 13 minutes, 36 calories, met 2.5. Total time was 90 minutes, calories burned 456 calories, 3,603 steps. I really was feeling this lower body workout in the hips today. That is why I added the extra stretch.

Pyramid Lower Body 5 sets each exercise 12,10,8,10,12 reps I went heavier than what they used.
Rear slide lunges 10,12,15,12,10# dbs
Step Ups 10,12,15,12,10# dbs
side slide lunges 12,15,20,15,12 # DB
elevated lunges 10,12,15,12,10# dbs
sliding cross back lunges 10,12,15,12,10# dbs
deadlift 10,12,15,12,10 # dbs
calf raises 12 # dbs 30 reps, 15# dbs 25 reps, 20# dbs, 20 reps, 15# dbs 15reps, 12# dbs 30 reps

Deb, I don't know, there may be different cardio crush bonuses. I just got the Pyramid Bonus workout that only has six pack abs #1 on it with all of the pyramids. And I purchased the Cardio Party DVD. So, it will be awhile before I get to check out some others. There are two abs workouts and I would like to have abs 2 and extended stretch 2. I think they are both on the metabolic dvd and maybe the body weight and bands dvd. The ones with the giant sets has abs 1 on lower and 2 on upper. I drank tea from the time I was 7 and when I was 10 I started having coffee occasionally as I liked to dip my buttered toast in it :)

Judy, I agree that the Lite series is intermediate. No way would a beginner want to start right out with it. It can be made more difficult. I have no complaints. I was a bit surprised how light Cathe went on the Pyramids, but after getting going on it, it moves pretty quickly and I don't think I would want to go much heavier than I did today.

Valerie, I never had a food processor till about 6 years ago, and wonder why I never got one. I use it a lot. It would be nice to have the juicer attachment. I have a mini cuisinart that I got from Avon years ago. It was always my quick chopper for things. It did not have special attachments. Just the chopper blade.

Carolyn, we did have similar stats on Cardio Party. I enjoyed it too. It didn't have all of the moves that I dread in it, and getting down on the floor and back up doing burpees. Just fun cardio and I liked the boxing mixed in.

Deb, I did notice that this supplement did not have astaxathin in it's ingredients that was added to the sleep formula. It is in my Mercola joint formula along with egg shell membrane collagen, boswella and hyaluronic acid. It is also listed in my Schiff Mega Red Omega 3 krill oil ultra strength and I have a Spring Valley bottle of it that I picked up at Walmart that says heart and eye health on it. I read about it yesterday when looking at some eye health research stuff and it supposedly can help avoid cataracts. So it must be another multiple functioning supplement because I have seen it in muscle and joint formulas as well.

Good evening ladies,

Monday was Rev’d up Rumble and I enjoyed it. I finished off with Pump biceps. Yesterday was a LEKfit Bounce and I added on Pump Triceps. So far I like tagging on these quick pump bonuses. Today was a rest day. Well my non cold streak ended. I was stuffy and runny yesterday and this morning. Tonight I feel better than this morning so hoping my body is winning the battle and it will be over and done with quickly. Everyone around me has been sick.

Thanks all for the suggestions with the coconut milk. Never thought to freeze what I do not use. Will be doing this.

Deb...I have a frozen 6lb chicken that I am planning to cook this weekend in the instant pot. Not even going to defrost it. Looking at recipes of frozen chicken about this size should take about 50mins. Will let you know how it comes out. This will be amazing to me if it is delicious as I am thinking it will be. :). Great job on the steps!!! Nice! I have been drinking black coffee forever. My son just switched to black which amazed me. I am planning to start the 30 day rotation next week. Chelsie stopped coming over to workout due to her finals then holiday break. Thinking she will start back up next week. If yes then I will get up earlier to get this rotation in.

Valerie...I received from work a commercial grade citrus juice press which I love. Been using it for my limes and lemons. I am going to juice a bunch of limes and freeze the juice as you do. I hate the bottle lime juice and refuse to use it. Brilliant with freezing left over wine! Speaking of juice I am still drinking celery juice every morning since I think October. I now have no coffee in the morning until I get to work. Unheard of for me. I may only drink 6 ounces a day. Crazy!!! I am behind in my Cathe newsletters. Need to read the article about injuries. Thanks for mentioning.

Diane Sue...I saw you did the Raw Glute Finisher. I like the looks of this one. Actually I pretty much like the looks of all her Raw workouts. :) Thanks on the collagen information you are amazing with your knowledge!

Carolyn...Butts and Gutts is a favorite of mine. I can not count how many times I have done that workout. A 54 min premix earns a great job! I really liked Cardio Party too. It was nice to not do drills. Lots of fun.

Judy...I agree her weight choices are lighter. Makes sense for this series. But that is ok. I just use what feels best for me. Sometimes heavier, sometimes not. I enjoy going heavier than Cathe. Makes me feel so strong. Of couse she would whip me completely if she was doing an advance workout. Lol!!

Have a great night all!

We did a hike today in a state park for 1 hr 15 before picking up our bikes. that's the only workout. had the older bikes serviced while we've been riding the new ones. we are real popular at the bike shop!

I used to have a Cuisinart processor with half dozen blades for cutting and shredding. I never used them as much as I thought. plain slicing or shredding covers most everything. they came with a dough blade too, but it got stuck regularly. I still fell for the spiralizer hype and was disappointed with how it worked. after the big processor died, I bought a small one. 3-4 cup size. would have bought another one but not made anymore. for 2 people, the quantities you shred or slice are not that big. smaller machines handle small amounts much better, but I didn't want one with only a knife. I find I use a chef knife more than anything else.

I wouldn't have bought an advanced series. I have a few dvds I never use because they are too intense and I don't want to do them. I want to work intensely as long as I can, but it's discouraging if things are impossibly difficult. I'm more wary of injury especially shoulders. it is such a relief to have this impingement thing settle down. I will still do everything but cautious about new moves and increasing weight too quickly. still, I'm not settling for 3 lbs if I can use 12. or 15.

Lori, I have been using some new seasoning salts that I picked up at Sprouts that are WHole 30 approved with Himalyan Pink salt in them. I got the Herbed one and one called Pink seasoning that has some southwestern type seasonings in it. They are great on meats, and poultry when I put them in the instant pot. I use them on fish as well, but I have not been brave enough to put fish in the instant pot other than shrimp. I am afraid of how bad the seal will smell. LOL. It probably won't be bad though. I have browned and cooked partially frozen roasts and chicken breasts in the Instant Pot. Not a whole chicken though. Will be interesting seeing how yours turns out.
I am loving Kelly's workouts. Also looking forwards to the new ones she has coming up :) Cathe, does move fairly fast through the Pyramid workouts so, doing all upper or all back I think it would be hard to go extremely heavy. I really felt the workout today with what I used. What I have is not a dread factor like some extreme workouts are.

Valerie, I use the shredding blades for blocks of cheese ( I don't like already shredded as it has so much cellulose in it for caking) I also use the shredding discs for shredding cauliflower for cauliflower rice and I put it in the skillet for a bit and bag it in freezer bags for later.

this one is the only juicer attachment I've seen. I didn't use it until I started buying limes in large numbers. the bottled lime juice tastes funny just like the bottled lemon juice. Real lemon frozen lemon juice is only lemon juice, tastes great so I quit doing lemons like that. If you haven't used it, worth finding. in freezer case with OJ and other juices, but in a box. easy to miss if you don't know what you are looking for.

I mainly bought the smaller Cuisinart because the bigger units work for big quantities. like shredding cheese! I like to shred my own for the same reasons as diane sue. pre-shredded cheese is coated so it doesn't stick together. I don't want the additives. shredding a small piece of cheese in a big food processor works badly. falls over in the feed tube and gets stuck between blade and lid. small cheese pieces shred better in a small processor. mozzarella is always hard to handle no matter how cold it is. I still use a box grater for small amounts. works fine until I don't pay enough attention and shred a knuckle.

wow that chicken in an hour? from frozen? that's incredible.

there is something humiliating about trying a workout you can't do..... things I can get after a few repeats, and that's a good challenge, but flat out "impossible" makes me never look at it again. I usually reach that point quickly with step workouts. just no way in the world can I do that. put away disk. move on to something attainable.

Lori a fascinating video. I'm still not buying an instant pot... still interesting. thank you for posting it. Not sure I'd want the fuss of trying to broil the chicken at the end. I don't buy whole chickens, only breasts, but I am assuming you could do frozen chicken breasts somehow also.

Last edited:
This morning I did Stacked Sets Upper Body and Six Pack Abs #2. My time was 1 hour with 360 calories burned. Average heart rate was 124 and maximum heart rate was 164. This one sneaks up on you with using the lighter weights. I was surprised by the calorie burn, but it’s pretty metabolic. You never stop moving in this workout. I used Cathe’s weight but considered going heavier. I’m glad that I didn’t because of the speed and the varying rep patterns.

Deb, I’m glad that you tried Cardio Party. I hope it felt okay.

Lori, you are doing great with adding the LiTE workouts to your routine. That Instant Pot video is interesting. My mind immediately went to salmonella and cross contamination as I watched her handle the raw chicken and everything else :oops:. I am so careful with washing my hands and kitchen surfaces when I handle chicken. Aside from that, I think it’s a great timesaver to be able to cook it that way. I buy whole chickens often, usually for roasting. My husband likes dark meat and I prefer the breast, so getting a whole chicken occasionally works well for us.

Hello to Judy, Diane Sue, and Valerie.

I did Kelly Coffey Train Like a Contender (TLC) Premix Coffey Fit Blend alternating both conditioning and boxing, 47 minutes, 306 calories, met 5.9, heart rate average 132, max 173, 3,776 steps. I then did Lite Cardio Party Hi/Lo only premix, 24 minutes, 154 calories, met 5.8, heart rate average 130, max 161, 2,042 steps. I finished with Lite abs #1, 10 minutes, 35 calories, met 3.2, 93 steps. Total time was 81 minutes, 495 calories, 5,911 steps.

Lori, I like the idea of taking the giblets out and putting the chicken in a fresh freezer bag. I probably would have rinsed it and patted it dry with paper towels first. It would make trying to get stuff out when you want to cook it frozen that much better. It is so wonderful being able to cook up something at the last minute without having to worry about thawing food and what to cook. Particularly if you unexpected guests or did not plan ahead. I bought shrimp yesterday from the meat counter at Sprouts and took the tails off and bagged them in a freezer bag before I put them in the freezer. I plan on making a dish tomorrow evening when my grandson is here to stay the night. He loves shrimp and fish. My daughter buys for just him and his dad. I used to like to buy Schwans tail off shrimp all of the time, because I did not have to spend time getting them thawed so I could remove the tails. I also bought some Mahi Mahi, so will be trying something with it. I cut it into 3 slightly over 5 oz portions and put them in freezer bags. I think I would have tried sauteing the outside of the chicken a bit before pressure cooking. I use broth most of the time, but last night I made stake and did not have an open container of beef broth, so just put water under the rack after browning the steaks. My mother used to come home from church and throw a frozen roast into the pressure cooker for Sunday dinner a lot. I still remember that she saved the broth and cooked it up with those frozen homemade type egg noodles to go with the chunks of roast. It was yummy. I am just thinking how much easier that is with the Instant Pot, you could remove the roast, add any necessary water push the saute button and cook the noodles in it. Maybe you could just cook the noodles like a soup under pressure for a few minutes. So many options. Some of the ribs recipes I have seen have you remove the ribs and put on sauce and stick them in the oven. I don't do that though. I brown them till almost black and then put them on the rack and cook them. They are good that way. That adds more work.

Valerie, I know you mentioned the frozen lemon juice and I need to remember that. I usually don't like the flavor of those lemon and lime juices in the jars. It is the same way with jarred garlic. Once I started using fresh, I threw out the stuff in jars, Now I see they are marketing packs of garlic and ginger and stuff ready to use, I am unsure if they are frozen? I think they are. I use enough cheese most of the time for my husband and family that comes over, that I shred about a half a block ahead of time. I find if I freeze the blocks I can still shred, but they get a bit crumbly. If I don't have any shredded and I am just making a couple of tacos or something I hand grate like you do and try to avoid the knuckles.
You know, I have a couple of Step workouts that I have never learned all of the choreography from. I used to push myself to learn, but lately I would rather do something I find doable, that stumbling around the step and finding myself facing the wrong way. I used to learn them one combo at a time and then practice it till I got all of them down. So, far I have not found Kelly to do anything that difficult and I generally have not problem with Cathe as I have done her workouts from the beginning. I used to tell myself it was a challenge. Yes, you can do frozen chicken breasts that way too. You just cook by how many pounds you are cooking and I believe it depends on whether they are boneless or bone in.

Carolyn, I was just wondering at the woman using a wooden board to work on with the chicken. I always use something that does not absorb germs when handling meats and use antibacterial spray from Melaleuca on the surfaces after I wash them with hot soapy water. and then rewash again and lots of hand washing as well. But, I am sure she was trying to show how easy and time efficient it was on the video. It would have slowed the process if she was cleaning and washing etc. Wrappers instantly go in a plastic bag that will go right out to the garbage can. Whenever the get the user guide up maybe I can look at the moves on the other workouts. I felt the Pyramid workout was somewhat metabolic in that it moved quickly without much rest other that a brief stretch at the end of each body part. That was a good calorie burn for that weight workout.

Debbie, I hope grooming goes well. Gertie just does not like strange people messing with her. She tried to climb in my lap when I sat down at the vets office and really wanted to get out of the exam room. She kept going to the door and whining at me. At least this time they did not put her up on the table. I think that made her really uncomfortable. They got down on the floor to give her her shots and get a sample to check her for heart worms. All the while she was crowded up by me and the chair. She seemed to calm after awhile, but was more than happy to leave. The vet said she is about 5# over weight. He suggested rather than cut back on the small amount of food that dogs usually get, it would be better to increase her activity if possible. We discussed getting enough nutrition when cutting down on the food as near impossible. He said since she does so well on the salmon/fish based dog food he did not want to change her diet. I felt kind of bad last night when I made steak as I usually give her a little and I really think that meats are probably not a big problem. Probably more the potatoes and stuff they use as fillers in the dog food and then again winter time, she does not want to play outside. She goes to the door and whines at me to go back in the house.

Last edited:
Good afternoon,

My puppy does not look like a baby anymore...:(. He is beautiful though. :)

Not sure if you saw this link in a thread reviewing the LITE series. A lot of good information about all the workouts, the most detailed review I have ever seen.

https://www.fitnessmystyle.com/recent-posts/your-ultimate-guide-to-cathe-new-lite-workout-series

Judy, I saw your comment on the thread regarding LITE being a beginner series. I agree. I also was pretty put off at the posters comments about fake smiles and makeup. Why are people so negative?

Valerie, I bet the bike shop people are happy when you go in there. I remember when people started using saccharine in coffee. YUK! I guess this was when they realized that all the sugar that they were using was adding a lot of calories to their daily intake. I remember they were like little pink pills that they put in coffee. Agree on Cathe needing to tailor some of her workouts to the customers that are growing older.

Carolyn, nice job on Stacked Upper Body and Cardio Party. How did you like it?

Diane Sue, thanks so much for that breakdown of the supplement. I am going to order that. If you felt that Pyramid Lower Body in your hip, I am going to definitely avoid that one for now. I also liked that Cardio Party did not have any burpees, mountain climbers etc. The review in the link above describes all the moves on all the workouts as well as the Cardio Crush Bonuses.

Lori, hope you are feeling better today. That's great that you will be doing the rotation with Chelsea. Am really interested in how that chicken turns out.

Take care,

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did Body Weight and Bands with Six Pack Abs #2. I am so happy to have a new band workout! The moves are creative and some are new to me. Lots of good premixes too. Today I did Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper. My upper body was still a little sore from the pyramid and band workouts so I was feeling it right away. I stayed with Cathe's weights and they felt pretty good. I really liked the format of this and it felt like I was really getting a good burn even with the lighter weights. There is a premix on this DVD that adds in Pyramid Lower Body for a total body workout. I may have to do that one next week.

Deb-Thanks for the link. That site does have a lot of good info! I was appalled at the comments about fake smiles and makeup. I don't know why people have to be so negative and insulting.

Lori-I hope you feel better. There is so much going around. Great job on your workouts!

Diane Sue-Thanks for the information on the collagen supplement. I am going to order it too.

Hi to Carolyn & Valerie!

Have a good night!

Judy

Deb, thanks for the link. I think they all sound good except I am not so enthused about the band one. I may change my mind, but I hardly use the to the mat workout and Kelly Raw has some nice band, and floor workouts. I bet Ike looks adorable all groomed ;) I need to go back over those pyramid lower moves and figure what hurt. I probably should have went Cathe's weight to start. My right hip, low back that had bothered before was definitely bothering by the time I was done, and I really noticed it again today when stretching. I know cross back lunges sometimes bother that area, but usually it is when done on a step, not the floor so much. But then there was all of the gliding disc moves and step ups. Plenty, I guess to affect the hip/glute area. There is premixes on the Pyramid bonus dvd to leave out the step ups or the sliding moves, but that eliminates a lot of the workout. This is why I chose a more cardio based and ab workout today. I wanted to do that abs #1 again and this time I picked up my 1# gloves while doing the non plank moves.

On another note pertaining to the ingredients I listed for the supplement, if anyone is taking blood sugar meds, or blood pressure, or heart meds they need to be careful of checking with a doctor with supplements that alter these.

Judy, thanks for your thoughts on the workouts. That link made the workouts look more inviting to me as well. I also feel sorry for those that are happily enjoying doing the workouts for us and have others complaining about them. I personally do not know why people have to find fault. I guess they are all so perfect and never would grin or make faces when doing a workout! This is why I avoid some of the websites where the review and discuss all of the workouts. I doubt some would ever be happy. Seriously! :rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.