Penagenarians & Beyond: W/B 12/6

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Heavy Bag Arms, 60 minutes(57actual), heart rate 107/144, 1,977 steps followed by Perfect 30 Flow Strength and Flexibility stretch timesaver, 20 minutes, 26 calories, heart rate 87/1221, 81 steps.
I was surprised that I was able to get this much in today along with going out to the store. Total time was 80 minutes, 247 calories, 2,058 steps.

Coffey Fit Raw Heavy Bag arms 57 minutes

Kelly uses uses a barbell at 20# and Noelle uses boxing gloves and 12# dumbbells

Biceps curls 12# dbs 12 reps 5 sets

Boxing jab cross 3 switching sides with squats

Squats barbell or dumbbells (me 12’s) various reps Noelle does body weight so she does not have to remove her gloves.

More boxing jab cross singles with squats between sides

Push press (I used 8# dbs) 5 sets 12 reps

Boxing hook, body shot alternated with plie squats12# dbs me Kelly barbell between then repeat

Overhead triceps extensions 1 db 12# (no barbell here) 12 reps 5 sets

Barbell held in front pulse squats (me 12”s) 3 and 1

Boxing jab hook cross

Squat pulses repeated with boxing jab hook cross

Tempo moves no weight

Boxing/ squat knee up right

Boxing/ squat knee up left

Boxing hook body shot right/ repeat left with close stance squat

Boxing

stretch

Valerie, I am the snacking while making dinner person. Usually I grab some grapes and munch 1 at a time as I am preparing dinner so it is not too bad. Nice that you found some new equipment that you can use.

Carolyn, that has been happening with school zoom. I rush and get us set up and then we keep trying and cannot get in. I have had the teacher change the time and send a note to their school page and I get it too late, or she texts the parents and my daughter is busy teaching so she gets it late to send me the note. I hate rushing around when I did not have to. We got on this morning and she was doing testing and told several of us we were not having zoom today because of testing. So I went back and did the stretch and showered. Then we did his testing later with some other teacher. I wish the teachers taught the whole class instead of us having to watch youtube and do the work. They go over some or show what they want you to do and then you watch videos and do it. I end up teaching what I just learned. Better if the teacher is there and can work with the children that are having problems. And here I go again! sorry! At least you got a workout in.

Deb, we have not bought a house yet. We just put ours up for sale and are looking. We will move closer to my husband's work so more south from where we are. Still in the City though. I have been using a mild natural cleaner with tea tree oil in it. It does not work well for mold though.

Judy, I don't know how you work with the allergies. I dread every time I have to go out somewhere. I went it Dollar General today and drank some water, and put a cough drop in my mouth and ended up standing in a long line which is unusual. My nose started running with the mask on, my eyes watering and I was trying hard to avoid coughing and sneezing. I always dread this happening. The same thing happened at Sprouts and I only needed a couple of things, so I flew through there and forgot my cashew yogurt:oops: Fortunately there was only one person in line other than me.

Cathy, my doctors office had air purifiers on all over the clinic when I went for my appointment. Funny thing is they used to have one in the waiting room and a couple of years ago I sat by it and noticed how full of dust, it was just hanging on it I thought it was gross and figured they must not clean the filters. I have a large honeywell my daughter bought me and I keep it in my bedroom and close the door.

Deb I have not looked at that one yet. I've just done the main PP workout.

crowns went Ok so looks like I'm done with that. no other pressing issues.
the new elliptical wont be here for another 5-6 weeks. our old one works fine and probably will get taken apart and go to MT with us next trip. they are too big to go into a car without being taken apart. I was amazed at how much I didn't enjoy the very expensive ellipticals. fine the Precor ones, nicer to use, much better foot position. some of those were > $6000. precor has some fancier ones too but we like the basic one better and nowhere near that cost. decided to go ahead on the dumbbells. they still had a skimpy selection. might be another year before the supply gets back to normal and no good reason for the prices to drop back down. I haven't been able to find decent " handle" bands. I have an easy one and another that's almost too hard to use so I ordered a set of Cathes bands. I would have tried gloves too but they have been sold out for a long time
Cathy our dentist has you call in, and stay in the car until your turn, and then direct to a treatment room. this is as much contact as Ive had all year. minimal contact..... until the mask comes off. I delayed this from spring but wanted to get it done this year when I had no other dental things. still coverage is stingy. I thought about pushing to next year but this crown was extremely old and I had two adjacent crowns so best to do it at the same time. a lot of $$$$ but only one trip thru the process itself.

Judy I don't remember being allergic to ragweed. I know it's big for a lot of people. I'm not sure its a common weed here like in the midwest. I'm not sure what it looks like. I'm highly allergic to an unknown weed in eastern WA but I dont know what it is, and its not something that blooms in western WA.

I like grapes as a snack too. DH and I both like frozen grapes. I keep a bowl in the freezer all the time now.

I didn’t work out this morning. I had to go to the grocery store and I like to do that early. It was an easy trip with very few people around.

Valerie, I looked at the Cathe bands but decided not to order them yet. I really needed gloves but the only size available at that time was small. That would never fit my hands.

Hello to everyone. Have a wonderful day.

Carolyn I ordered the multipack. I use these a lot . hard to tell what tension anything is until you get them home. I have one band that's too weak and one too stiff. haven't found them in any store this year. I also saw only the small gloves. no! I need a large for sure.

forgot to say I did 45 min yesterday on the elliptical the hour before dinner.

I was in Target briefly yesterday ( hate that store) to drop off a prescription, and it was deserted. amazing.

I forgot to post my workout this morning. I did Cathe Live #78 Power Step, 41 minutes, 192 calories, heart rate 117/155, 3,690 steps. I also did Perfect 30 mobility basics core focus, 15 minutes, heart rate 85/4, 18 calories, 50 steps. Total time56 minutes, 210 calories, 3,708 steps.

Valerie, the pollen that is up right now is juniper. Funny thing is we planted juniper in our front planter when we had it redone. They are gold tipped low juniper to cover that area. I have put off my dental check now for a year almost. I will get to it eventually. Ours is the same procedure that they have up on their website. You wait in the car and do not bring a cell phone in or they will put it in some type of box that kills germs with some light and you can pick it up when you leave. Apparently they have plexiglass walls up in different areas. I am guessing where the rooms have some opening between. I have not been inside Target in a few years now.

Carolyn, I made a quick run to Sprouts for several items I missed yesterday. I wanted to make more protein balls form my granddaughter and I to eat. I used individual packets of chocolate whey protein and had forgotten to buy more honey and needed one more packet. I also forgot my cashew yogurt. So I made those this afternoon. They were not busy. I got right up to the register. They did not have zoom this afternoon, so I gave my grandson his peanut butter sandwich as he did not want the pasta and ran to the store.

I ended up skipping a workout yesterday. did a costco run to stock up on fruit and vegies and got gift cards. going thru a hassle with a prescription for DH. had to get filled at Target, the only close CVS store. what a PITA. the good thing is you can go in straight to the pharmacy and check out there if you buy something. I hate the check out system at Target. never shop there if avoidable. no direct phone line to the pharmacy. need to go thru the long telephone tree to get the pharmacy. no drive thru for pick up. this is the second place I took this prescription. luckily I don't usually deal with this. they need the doc 's OK to fill generic although the rx is written that way. no clue why it needs approval for what it was written for to begin with, but this is the second store doing it that way.

did most of the cards and gift cards for friends and family, a few things to finish up. noticing a lovely lack of xmas christmas music this year. so many retailers blast it too loud starting in November. If I NEVER ever hear another xmas song I'd be happy. I am a scrooge and want to get thru this season without getting ear worm music stuck in my head.
I looked up ragweed. many types..... not just one specific plant. I'm not bothered. I don't like the smell of junipers ( cat pee bush) but there are lots of different types. we have massive numbers of huge cedars here but their pollen is not supposed to be allergenic. you can see huge yellow clouds of it blowing around and covering everything in spring. lots of kinds of cedars. diane sue I will shut up about it now, but I hope you pursue getting the triggers identified so you can better control your exposure. it really helped me!

This morning I did Cathe Live#325 40/20 Low Impact Hiit, 41 minutes , 127/159 heart rate, 210 calories, 3,458 steps.
Perfect 30 mobility basics stretch premix, 21 minutes, 21 calories, heart rate 80/99, 37 steps. Total time 62 minutes, 231 calories, 3,495. I really liked the Low Impact Hiit. Cathe keeps the intensity up well. There is a short segment midway with gliding discs that can be done without as they are mountain climbers, jacks, and typical moves.

Today I did RWH Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders for 42 minutes and 210 calories burned. Average heart rate was 118 and maximum heart rate was 150.

Valerie, we had an issue with my husband’s prescriptions yesterday too. It took all afternoon on the phone to sort it out.

Diane Sue, great job with the Cathe Live workouts and Mobility Basics stretches.

Hello to Cathy, Judy, Deb, and Lori.

This morning I did Live Cardio Hiit Plus Core. It's a really good workout, though quite a bit of high impact. After warmup she does steady cardio, then at 20 minutes starts 15 minutes of pretty intense Hiit followed by core.

Sent Nick off to the eye doctor by himself today. It's local and I can trust him to find it. The kid is rather directionally challenged and can get off track even when using maps. Derek gets to go Tuesday than we are done with their medical appointments. Except they both need TB tests for internships. Derek is suddenly wanting to apply to do one this year summer instead of waiting a year and apparently zoos require a negative test. He's been following an NMU grad on instagram who is doing zoo internships after graduating and she recommends starting internships as early as you can and multiple ones, because zoo keeper jobs are hard to come by and you need plenty of experience. I've been trying to prepare him for years to a life of being poor if that's his chosen career. LOL At least he shouldn't end up with loan debt, thanks to his scholarship money.

Certainly looks like I wasn't the only one shopping yesterday.

Diane Sue, I'm glad to hear you liked that Live 40/20 Hiit workout. I put it on my calendar for next week.

Valerie I'm not one for Target either, though that's as much because of location as anything. None of the ones in the Lansing area are convenient to get to without extra driving time. And Meijer has pretty much anything we need and if they don't their Amazon.

Carolyn great job with the workout!

Diane Sue-I had a harder time with my allergies at work last year. Wearing a mask has helped minimize my exposure to dust and pollen at HD. Ironically, I remember thinking (pre-covid) that if I could wear a dust-mist type mask at work it would help, but I was sure that they wouldn't let me since it would scare the customers if they saw an employee wearing a mask. Now they wouldn't let me work there if I wasn't wearing one.

Valerie, it does not feel very much like Christmas to me without Christmas music and the usual shopping. I have not had much time to pull out my Christmas music and play songs on the piano. We usually decorate a lot and my family goes all out with trees in practically every room in the house and decor in and out. We just did a few things this year just because we may be packing and it would add to the work.
I know all of that yellow powdery stuff all over everything. My older grandchildren used to play outside and pick up little strips of the stuff and play like they were making dinner while they crushed it onto plates or whatever they could find and ask me if I wanted some. Those and there is another bunch of stuff that falls here that bothers. The neighbor has some sort of tree that leaves little black things that land all over and I feel annoyed that it is all over my walk way and driveway. But that yellow stuff is bad. Also some bigger pods that I keep meaning to look up because when they fall I notice allergies are worse. They may be what they call chenopods on the allergy reports.
That is odd that you and Carolyn had problems with prescriptions being filled. I called the arthritis center this afternoon to refill my prescription, but I guess they close on Fridays at noon now. I keep forgetting to call and then when I finally remember they are closed. I used to have problems with prescriptions with Walgreens a lot. Then I found the small pharmacy near by and I go to it when I need something other than my arthritis med.

Carolyn, you got a nice calorie burn with RWH chest, triceps, and shoulders today. Wish that I could do that.

Cathy, I have done that one and it does have quite a bit of high impact in it. I had one of my granddaughter's get lost coming to my house. She had gps on her phone and was coming from school not far away. Her mother called and told me to let her know when she got here because she could see where she was on the map and was wondering where she thought she was going. Then my granddaughter had stopped and called me to get directions. I think she much have just got disoriented or something as she had been here many times. That is great that your son has his scholarship money. My granddaughter is doing an internship at a law firm right now.

Judy, yes, I would imagine under normal circumstances people would look at you as something being wrong when wearing a mask. Although it seems working around garden stuff that it would be understandable. I usually come in from working outside and change clothes and wipe down. I read that changing in a bath with the exhaust fan helps pull out the pollen in the air. Not sure if that is really true. My son in law wears a mask and goggles when he gets out their tractor to mow their yard and land. He has bad allergies too.

Did cleaning yesterday of odd spots, once every few years, like the turntable in kitchen cabinet. several closets too. DH is decisive in some areas, but his own clothes? awful. he retired over 5 yrs ago and has worn a shirt and tie just about once since then. still has a closet full of shirts, ties, pants, jackets hanging there getting dusty. I said keep a few and donate the rest. I'll take it from there, but he won't do it and wont let me do it. it took me a couple years to part with my old work clothes. I kept planning on another job in the same field. didn't work, the whole field disappeared over night. ended up working from home. never wore those clothes again. they are long gone. blouses and business suits, pumps. dress codes are much more relaxed these days, so business suits pretty rare.

I did 45 on the treadmill again yesterday. watching The Crown, a previous season, before starting the new season. This is such an outstanding series! Netflix. I love this series. in real life, don't care about the royal family and never paid much attention. however this is a fascinating look back in not- so- ancient history. it's not a silly fluffy pot boiler. it is incredibly well done. I hope the new season that goes thru the princess Dianna era is as good as the previous seasons.
I never learned to use the TV/DVD/AMP/apple TV set up in the exercise room. didnt work for years without cable, and I usually did dvds. learning how adds time. not simple, but I'm getting it.

just a year ago we would have all looked at someone wearing a mask as " strange". I keep reading about places in this country where still that is still the case, even though hospital beds are full, docs and nurses are exhausted and burned out, and huge groups of people continue in denial. its a damn virus, it could not care less about how you voted.

I am still working the prescription marathon. a cream not widely available. $40 under his drug plan, and $650 without. if it was a minor difference I'd just fill it and be done, but that is a big difference.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step and Legs which is one of my favorites. It is so much fun. I tried 17.5 lb the first set of legs and dropped to 15's the rest. 1# dumbbells for the egg weights. Total time 46 minutes, 231 calories, heart rate 125/165, 3,893 steps.

Valerie, my husband cleans out his clothes quite often and is meticulous about order. I always thought it was interesting. He still has a lot though. I use a closet upstairs as we could not share. He has a whole section at one end that is jackets. Mine is not in such order. I just pull winter clothes in spring and summer clothes when it gets cold and store in containers in the top. Size does not change for me, so once in awhile I toss what I never want to put on. I never cared at all what is going on with British royalty. I am the one that reads instructions and figures out the hook ups and wiring on the television and setting up things like Roku, Amazon Fire and hooking up the external drive. Actually I can access youtube, hulu, and Amazon with the tv remote, but Amazon I have had problems with. But, the tv itself does have those apps directly on it. It is a Sony. I can do the same with my Blu ray player. Some things take a bit more work getting around and using. Apple always seems to have their own specific instructions. We use Android for the most part.

I see people out in their yards with masks before the covid virus and just always figured they have allergy problems. When I used to see someone in a store, I just figured it was obviously a health issue and they needed some protection.

I did Live Barre and Ball this morning. I really like that one. But I’d rather do legs with barre or ball any day over weights though I use weights most of the time.

My husband and Nick went and test drove another car today. Since we got rid of the possessed one they had at college, they need something to replace it. Unfortunately my husband can’t make decisions. Just one way we are opposites. He’s still got a few weeks left, but any decision is hard, one involving money is the worst. There have been several times over the years that he’s lost out of vehicles because while he was dithering someone else bought it.

Diane Sue I think it’s easy for kids to get off track if they aren’t paying attention. At their age we had to have written directions from people and pay much closer attention. Now they just rely on their apps to tell them what to do and if they miss something they can’t backtrack easily. Tomorrow morning he’s going to go take the GRE and he has to take 3 separate highways to get there. It’s right by the highway, so once off it’s not bad And Sunday morning traffic should be really light, but still...

Valerie good luck on ever getting your husband to get rid of things. Every time mine gets rid of things others seem to magically appear. Mine is also a clutter bug in general. I’ve had to really just accept that there’s only so much organizing I can do. Great that you were able to get some areas cleaned up. Next year my goals are going to be a room a month to thoroughly clean top to bottom. DH wants to try and have a yard sale later in the year, but I‘m not sure why. We tried it once before and the neighbors came over and one lady stopped and she bought nothing. Neighbors bought a few CD’s. Some of which he ended up repurchasing for himself because he had sellers remorse. I really need to get Netflix again in January.

This morning I did WS3 Cardio Step Jam for 32 minutes and 245 calories burned. My average heart rate was 136 and maximum heart rate was 161. Today was my investment club meeting. We all wore something red or Christmas hats since we normally have our holiday brunch. We hadn’t discussed doing that but it seemed like a fun thing to do.

I love Christmas music! It’s so much a part of the season for us. We are putting up our main larger tree this afternoon.

Valerie, I cleaned and organized my spice cabinet and pantry a few months ago. I threw out some old spices and bought new ones from a place called Burlap and Barrel.

Great workouts ladies. Take care.

Carolyn, when I got my new wooden counter top spice rack I cleaned out my spices. Tried cutting down all of the containers of spices. I had a few that were 20 years old. I tossed quite a few. Then with organizing I found several like coriander that I kept thinking I did not have so I have three bottles. Not sure if I will ever use that much since it is not a spice I use a lot. I managed to put the ones that I use 25 in my rack and only have one tub left with several that are waiting to refill some that are low. I had to buy sage today for stuffing. Most of my newer spices are organic. That would have been fun something special for Christmas meeting. My grandson is supposed to bring popcorn and candy to zoom Friday and they can wear their pajamas and they are watching The Polar Express.
I contemplated the Walk Strong 3 Step workout this morning, but wanted to do some leg work along with cardio and it needed to not be too long.

Cathy, is there weights in the ball and barre workout? Good luck to your son tomorrow and I hope he has no problem finding his way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.