Pedal Power Review

Cruncholi

Cathlete
Pedal Power Review: Pedal Power is a sweaty soaker and a very solid cardio challenge. If you have done Cathe's previous spin videos, you know that she utilizes seated to standing "jumps." Pedal Power does contain some of that type of "jumps," but she has a lot more second to third position changes so you spend less time sitting during these jumps in Pedal Power. The position change "jumps" have a different feel to them and are equally as challenging, putting more of a load on the glutes. I'm not usually excited about the guys in the videos, but the 2 guys in PP (Al is one-I don't know the other) are very motivating. Their legs fly so fast that you can hardly see them! The guy whose name I don't know is drenched by the end. Some of the music highlights include the Talking Heads, "People are People" and "We're only human, of flesh and blood..." (Can't remember the artist) and my favorite of Cathe's motivating one-liners is: "Remember, if it doesn't challenge you it doesn't change you!" Overall, is say that this is a very well put-together spin workout!

5 Stars on this One!

Pedal Power is my favorite of Cathe's spin DVDs!! I just love this workout. :eek:

I don't buy Cathe's workouts because I need more DVDs. I buy them because I WANT them...she is THE master!

Lisa

Mary---I traded my treadmill for a spin bike (same brand/model Cathe uses), and I have no regrets. I really enjoy Ride & CycleMax, and now, I am looking forward to trying out Pedal Power next week. The time goes fast and you will have the sweat rolling off of you.

LOVED LOVED LOVED Pedal Power!!! Great music and a lot of fun!!! I love that in the 'cool down' song #12 Cathe continues to push you! What a fun surprise! Cathe is truly the greatest!!!!!

Now to try all the other DVDs................

Kelly
:D

I think this is more difficult than Ride or CycleMax. Maybe I was just tired today?

Ironically, my favorite segment was the tabatas. They felt easier than all those darn standing segments, my thighs were in agony. I was thoroughly soaked by the end of the workout.

I did this for the first time on Saturday. I definitely thought it was harder than her other 2 cycling workouts. So much standing "runs" and "surges" that my heart was racing along with my legs! I was a sweaty mess by the end but loved it- Tabata track was one of my faves, too. And by the way, no one makes cycle DVDs that even come close to Cathe's. Believe me, I have looked. She is, as usual, heads and shoulders above the rest. Thank you, Cathe!

Check here: Spinner Bikes

I have one like Cathe's and it was a "refurbished" commercial bike. The lady with whom I bartered for it paid over $800 for it. The refurbished bike is like new, and I love it.

I've been putting money into my Christmas Club all year long, and it was just deposited into my checking account today. I will be ordering a new spin bike this weekend. An early Christmas present to myself :eek:!! I can't wait to try the 3 spin workouts of Cathe's. I love the spin classes at our local gym, and will be so happy that I can finally spin in the comfort of my own home.

Mary

I LOVE Petal Power! This is my favorite of this series so far!!

But just for the record, I'm loving all of the workouts!!

I know I already posted to this thread saying how much I love Pedal Power. Just did it again and for me it's the shorter length of the songs that seems to set a better pace.

I have a V-Series Vision Fitness spin bike and am very happy with it. I sold my treadmill when Cathe announced her 1st spin DVD. I am so happy with my bike!

Lisa

"You're gonna love or hate this song when we're done!" lol.... looooove that part ;)
I finally gave Pedal Power a whirl today, and of course, I LOVED it! :D You Jenn, as usual, look great and just mosey along effortlessly throughout the ride. Nice job, young lady! :)

"Thank you. What should I be looking for in a bike?"

I also have a Vision V03 model and love it. If you're serious about spinning and plan to use the bike regularly, you want something comfortable with a smooth ride. For me personally, I wanted handle bars that adjust vertically and horizontally, adjustable seat ( i also bought a gel cover for comfort)heavy flywheel around 40lbs, belt instead of chain driven as it's quieter/ smooth/ less maintenance. This specific model was around $900 which sounds like alot but prior to that I had an Everlast model that was $599 and it was a terrible ride, unreliable tension and the tension device broke 3 times within a few months! So to me the extra $$$ was worth it but I also spin about 3 times/ week now.
And I'll also add that I love Pedal Power, especially the Tabata drill, but you make the ride as easy or difficult as you want.

Check here: Spinner Bikes

I have one like Cathe's and it was a "refurbished" commercial bike. The lady with whom I bartered for it paid over $800 for it. The refurbished bike is like new, and I love it.

There are a few bikes in your link. Could you share with me which one you bought?

Thanks

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.