Peanut butter

Not Cathe but here is what I like, by no means the opinion of Cathe.

Better 'n Peanut butter - available at Trader Joe

or if you are like me & in an area that doesn't have Trader Joe (IL)it's also made under the name Peanut Wonder.

It is 100 calorie per 2 tbsp. & only 2 grams of fat!!!

A lot of people find it sweeter than regular PB but I personally love this stuff and so glad I gave it a try - BTW, give it more than one try, the first time I had it I wasn't sure but the more I eat it, the more I love it - also take that as a word of caution... even though it is lower in calorie & fat, it's not if you eat the whole jar-LOL!

Also not Cathe, but I found a great PB in my local grocery store called, Naturally More. It's natural PB fortified with flax seed and flax oil. It's also lower in fat, higher in fiber and protein for only 169 cal/2 TBS! I love the crunch that the flax seed give it as well!!!

>Also not Cathe, but I found a great PB in my local grocery
>store called, Naturally More. It's natural PB fortified with
>flax seed and flax oil. It's also lower in fat, higher in
>fiber and protein for only 169 cal/2 TBS! I love the crunch
>that the flax seed give it as well!!!

I love this stuff! I was really enjoying Smucker's Natural Honey PB (poured off the extra oil at the top), but when I went to the grocery store many moons ago they were out. I found Naturally More instead, and I really liked the sound of it...so I tried it. They only place I've found it is at Wal-Mart...but I love it!

I really want to try the Trader Joe's Better Than PB, but the closest one to me is a good hour's drive away...it just doesn't seem convient ya know ;)!

Hey Stacie - I don't have a Trader Joe near me either, not even sure there is one in IL at all. At my local health food store (yes, we only have ONE here) I found the Peanut Wonder PB, which is exactly the same as the Better'n Peanut Butter found at Trader Joe. I had to e-mail the company at Better'n Peanut Butter to get this information b/c I wanted to try it so bad but don't have a trader joe. They said the Peanut Wonder is sold coast to coast & when I went to my local health food store, there it was!!!

How much fat is in the Naturally More one? It sounds like it would be worth trying also!

Let me know if you find Peanut Wonder!

Adams Natural.... you have to mix it up but it is worth the extra trouble. I use it sparingly but I do enjoy a good peanut butter!!

I love Arrowhead Mills creamy. I've tried other kinds, and this is just the best. Maranatha is also a great brand. They're both organic, nothing but peanuts and salt. I like them better than the grind-your-own version.

Liane

Had to chime in with a great PB recipe

1/2 half cup of fiber one ceral
some PB and a bit of honey
Mix together
sometimes I add some fat free cool whip.

A great way to get some fiber/protien/fat and a little sweet!!

Winter

Thanks Amy - I like how it has more fiber & protein than regualr PB. The Peanut Wonder I use is great for calories & fat but is less on the protein & fiber so it's great for a low cal snack but not too great for filling you up...

The website didn't show calories though, do you know how much a 2 tbsp. serving has in cal? I will be checking the next time I'm at the store to see if they have this!

Thanks again!

Hi! I am mostly a lurker here, but had to post. After reading this thread I went to our local health food store and they had Naturally More PB. OMG!!! Let me preface this by saying that if I had to choose only one food to eat forever, it would be peanut butter. I love it that much. I have eaten peanut butter on toast every single morning for the past 6 years I think. I normally eat the Smuckers Reduced Fat Natural PB. The reason I like the reduced fat is that it is slightly sweeter (but not too much) than the original.

Anyway, I had tried Peanut Wonder and like someone said, it takes a few tries to like it. I do eat it now when I'm craving something sweet but peanut buttery for a dessert, but it really doesn't have much in the way of the nutritional factor. Well, I just got this Naturally More stuff home and it is AWESOME!! It has just the right amount of sweetness. I can't stand really sweet things in the morning. The flax seed adds this amazing texture to it. The 10g of protein rocks! My husband walked through the door after I tried it and before he could even put his keys down I was shoving a spoon of it in his face. Even he, Mr. Jif all the way liked it!

Here are the nutritionals:

2 tbsp serving, 35g/1.23 oz

Cals: 169
Sat. Fat 2g
Trans Fat: 0
Omega-3: 4.1g
Omega-6: 1.2
Cholest.: O
Sodium: 130mg
Total Carb: 8g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Sugars: 2g
Protein: 10g

I am just beside myself about this stuff!! I feel like there must be something hidden that is wrong with it. Anyway, I did a search this morning online hoping I could buy it. No luck. I didn't think our store would have had it, but much to my happy surprise it did.

I promise I don't work for the company or know anyone who works there. I am just a peanut butter loving fool who is so delighted! Thanks for posting about this!! Happy New Year to All!
--Jennifer :)

I read this post last night and when my neighbor mentioned she was going to Whole Foods, I had her pick me up a jar of the Better 'n PB. Can't wait to try it!!! What a lovely invention.

Jennifer- Thanks for posting the nutritionals on the Naturally More. Isn't it awesome??? I have been singing its praises on this board since I discovered it in my local Walmart about 4 months ago. I have even gotten a friend addicted to it, and she can't even find it in a store where she lives!!! I have to ship it to her!!!

Janie & Dayna - you'll have to let me know what you think of it once you try, like I said it took me a couple "trys" before I really liked it so give a chance or two if you don't like it the first try!

Happy New Year!

Hi Janie! Usually I alternate between eating the organic versions and reduced fat Skippy (or reduced fat Jiff). But I'm open to try many others too. I rarely refuse any peanut butter. I just had some an hour ago, ha! Either straight from the jar, on rice cakes, in oatmeal, on celery or apples, etc. I had to laugh at the picture in the calendar...that is literally how my jar looks when I'm finished. All scraped out :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.